Comments
281 - 297 of 297 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2013
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#294
Feb 26, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, the current supply of Republicans are barely human, and they are definitely not conservative. To bad. We could use some actual conservatives right now.
How long before "That is supposed to be 'too bad'"?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#295
Feb 26, 2013
 
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
How long before "That is supposed to be 'too bad'"?
You are correct, oh grammar Nazi.(just kidding)
Anon

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#296
Feb 26, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense Anon, but I am no fan of the Democratic Party. Of course, they aren't remotely liberal anyway, but then I'm not either. I do believe that the cure to many of the country's ills is a more progressive tax structure, but you would have to be ignorant of history to think that's a strictly liberal stance.
On the other hand, the current supply of Republicans are barely human, and they are definitely not conservative. To bad. We could use some actual conservatives right now.
I actually realized this as I typed the original post, but there are only two brushes to paint with in this board. You're either a staunch conservative doing God's work, or you're Independent/AKT/Anon. All three are the same entity and entirely liberal scum.
Wazzoo

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#297
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
How long before "That is supposed to be 'too bad'"?
Another que-ef, from her highness the spewing orifice. No name calling on this site is related to actual people. The names posted are to protect the anonymous.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#298
Feb 26, 2013
 
Wazzoo wrote:
<quoted text> Another que-ef, from her highness the spewing orifice. No name calling on this site is related to actual people. The names posted are to protect the anonymous.
You would certainly know about spewing orifices.
Dan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#299
Feb 26, 2013
 
I am just curious here, but as I read some of your posts (Anon, AKT, 2independent, wazoo) and the talk about liberals and conservatives, who is and who's not, what would you classify yourselves as? Whom do you admire as Presidents? I'm honestly trying to get a handle of people's ideology here.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#301
Feb 26, 2013
 
Dan wrote:
I am just curious here, but as I read some of your posts (Anon, AKT, 2independent, wazoo) and the talk about liberals and conservatives, who is and who's not, what would you classify yourselves as? Whom do you admire as Presidents? I'm honestly trying to get a handle of people's ideology here.
In reverse, my favorite presidents would be, The Big Dog (best republican president we've had in a long time), Gerald Ford, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, Teddy. After that, I am a little shaky on history except for the likes of Lincoln, etc. None of them were perfect, but that's not what we hired them for. As for classifying myself, my screen name takes care of that. Of course, for some on here, anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is a flaming liberal.
Hazelky

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#302
Feb 27, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
In reverse, my favorite presidents would be, The Big Dog (best republican president we've had in a long time), Gerald Ford, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR, Teddy. After that, I am a little shaky on history except for the likes of Lincoln, etc. None of them were perfect, but that's not what we hired them for. As for classifying myself, my screen name takes care of that. Of course, for some on here, anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is a flaming liberal.
Who gives a rat's a-- what you are. Your no more effective in life than I am.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#303
Feb 27, 2013
 
Hazelky wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a rat's a-- what you are. Your no more effective in life than I am.
Based on your response, I am probably plenty more successful than you, just as I would tend to be more successful than all of the other people who demonstrate a negative attitude about society in general. Then, there's always the fact that I don't live in Hazel.
Hazelky

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#304
Feb 27, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your response, I am probably plenty more successful than you, just as I would tend to be more successful than all of the other people who demonstrate a negative attitude about society in general. Then, there's always the fact that I don't live in Hazel.
I don't live in Hazel. You assume more than you know.I do own property there. I don't give a rat's a-- if you think your more successful than me. I'm 70 yrs old and I retired last year from a large chemical plant where I was a supervisor for 41 yrs. Now go get your food stamps and wellfare ck. and keep making a a-- of yourself.

Since: Feb 13

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Without all the name calling and insults, this has been a relatively interesting thread. I do find some of the posters ideologies perplexing. The President's question gives one a fair idea of where they stand with their ideology when labels just won't do.

You can claim you believe a particular way or simply that your "independent" (no offense to 2independent), but how you view history and how you judge the presidents that shaped it tells a lot about one's own beliefs.
DERP

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#306
Feb 27, 2013
 
Booker Tee wrote:
Without all the name calling and insults, this has been a relatively interesting thread. I do find some of the posters ideologies perplexing. The President's question gives one a fair idea of where they stand with their ideology when labels just won't do.
You can claim you believe a particular way or simply that your "independent" (no offense to 2independent), but how you view history and how you judge the presidents that shaped it tells a lot about one's own beliefs.
yep

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#307
Feb 27, 2013
 
Hazelky wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Hazel. You assume more than you know.I do own property there. I don't give a rat's a-- if you think your more successful than me. I'm 70 yrs old and I retired last year from a large chemical plant where I was a supervisor for 41 yrs. Now go get your food stamps and wellfare ck. and keep making a a-- of yourself.
Did I touch a raw nerve there?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#308
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Booker Tee wrote:
Without all the name calling and insults, this has been a relatively interesting thread. I do find some of the posters ideologies perplexing. The President's question gives one a fair idea of where they stand with their ideology when labels just won't do.
You can claim you believe a particular way or simply that your "independent" (no offense to 2independent), but how you view history and how you judge the presidents that shaped it tells a lot about one's own beliefs.
And no offense taken. I find it enlightening to see a comparison of where Obama stands on policy (actual policy, not rhetoric) and compare it to the 1968-1974 Richard Nixon. Obama actually governs to the right of Nixon and Nixon would be chased away from today's Republican Party.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#309
Feb 27, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
...Nixon would be chased away from today's Republican Party.
Probably because he claimed that he was NOT a crook. That would have certainly kept him from passing Go.

Since: Feb 13

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#310
Feb 27, 2013
 
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
And no offense taken. I find it enlightening to see a comparison of where Obama stands on policy (actual policy, not rhetoric) and compare it to the 1968-1974 Richard Nixon. Obama actually governs to the right of Nixon and Nixon would be chased away from today's Republican Party.
I don't know if I would go that far. Nixon was an enigma. He was hated by liberals and ridiculed by many conservatives. A very interesting character for sure.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#311
Feb 27, 2013
 
Booker Tee wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know if I would go that far. Nixon was an enigma. He was hated by liberals and ridiculed by many conservatives. A very interesting character for sure.
Nixon's dishonesty was a constant during his political career, which is too bad because he had political skills. He could have gone down as a two term success if he had just stayed above board. W's administration made Nixon's dishonesty seem quaint. Times have changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynn Grove Discussions

Search the Lynn Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of Moving to Murray 6 min The Truth Hurts 24
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DemocRATS 146,142
murray state should be ashamed of themselves! 16 min 2Independent 51
breakers bar 30 min who me 6
Flash of News (Aug '13) 35 min Kathy 3,279
The Truth about Israel 39 min MSU Grad 199
disaster after disaster 41 min Fear Not Ye Faithful 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lynn Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lynn Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lynn Grove
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••