Do not be silent!
Paul

Murray, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Acts 18:9

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision:“Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.
RealTalker

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2013
Paul your tactics are skewed!! Do not let people's positive comments give you a false sense of confidence about doing the right thing. How many people do you think you are reaching? How many people are you chasing further away? Why is it that no matter the negative comments, you keep posting? It appears that you are a little self righteous. What do you think Jesus wrote in the sand? I appreciate your enthusiasm, but bible thumpers are not the answer. They weren't in Jesus time. See Pharisees!!!
For Real

Murray, KY

#3 Feb 2, 2013
RealTalker, please tell me how Paul is being self-righteous. He is spreading God's word. He's not talking about how highly he thinks of himself. Of all the threads and posts on here that are trashing people and trying to tear lives apart, why do you choose this one to attack? Do you come on Topix hoping to find the latest dirt or gossip, see a post about the Lord, and get disappointed? Paul has been posting about God for a long time, and with much resistance from folks like you. You're saying he should ignore the positive comments he receives, but give words from someone like you the time of day? If you simply cannot stand to read anything the least bit uplifting, I suggest you stick to the trash talking threads. That way you don't get yourself all upset.

Paul, I think you are doing a fantastic thing. And I think it is wonderful that, no matter the negativity from others, you keep posting about our Lord. I know I am not alone in saying that, either. Your posts give me strength and hope, and that is something every one of us could use, if only some of us were not so resistant.
Trent

Benton, KY

#4 Feb 3, 2013
He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see
He tries to tell me what i put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity
He dreamed up a god and called it christianity
Your god is dead and no one cares
If there is a hell i will see you there
He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
His perfect kingdom of killing suffering and pain
Demands devotion atrocities done in his name
Your god is dead and no one cares
Drowning in his own hypocrisy
And if there is a hell i will see you there
Burning with your god in humility
Will you die for this?
RealTalker

United States

#5 Feb 3, 2013
FR: There is so much irony in your post, but I will address what I said. I should not have "attacked" him with the self righteous comment. I never considered good hearty Christian people coming on Topix to looking for strength and hope. My comments were clearly meant to say, "You might have to use a different strategy for the majority of people on this site." As far as evangelism and spreading the word, by all means go for it, but the amount of "some" posts increase with negativity and forgive me if I think that is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Creek parking lot off 94 14 min Dale 45
Why do fat women take selfies from above? 33 min over it 16
pella in murray and overtime 1 hr Manderson23 6
Eric Young (Feb '14) 1 hr Murrayman 12
Mai Beasley 2 hr over it 7
Holland 3 hr Ranger 3
Library? 6 hr Resident Cynic 8

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance