Call for board of Regents to step down!
Jack

Benton, KY

#50 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said the board was surprised with the vote? Jack Rose quit because he "didn't like the direction of the board" not because he was blindsided from the vote.
But the board of regents works pro bono so there is no paid salary. It's the government, nothing about it is transparent.
I said surprised by the blow back, not the vote.
John Stamos

United States

#51 Mar 19, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I said surprised by the blow back, not the vote.
Who said the board was surprised by the blow back? Every decision will have opponents.
Jack

United States

#52 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>Who said the board was surprised by the blow back? Every decision will have opponents.
I think the timing of the vote was designed to minimize it. The Friday before spring break is a good time to avoid a lot of on campus chatter.
John Stamos

United States

#53 Mar 19, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the timing of the vote was designed to minimize it. The Friday before spring break is a good time to avoid a lot of on campus chatter.
They vote last Friday because of everyone's pressure to vote. Had they waited until the May meeting they would have just been heckled for waiting so long. Dunn making up excuses as to why he has applied for so many other jobs was pretty much why they voted now.

I am tired of people creating these irrational statements regarding this issue. There are logical explanations for what has unfolded before and after the vote.
Jack

Benton, KY

#54 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
They vote last Friday because of everyone's pressure to vote. Had they waited until the May meeting they would have just been heckled for waiting so long. Dunn making up excuses as to why he has applied for so many other jobs was pretty much why they voted now.
I am tired of people creating these irrational statements regarding this issue. There are logical explanations for what has unfolded before and after the vote.
Irrational statements? You seem to act like you have all the answers even though none have been made public. Unless you are on the council you are just speculating as much as anybody else.
Bob

Murray, KY

#55 Mar 19, 2013
In response to "Sick and Tired"'s very lengthy post:I work at MSU. There were no raises last year or the year before that, etc. The only "raise" that was given in the last 5 years was a very minimal flat amount "stipend" that did not get added to our base salaries. I'm not saying I support Dr. Dunn or not, but get your facts straight--there were no raises!
John Stamos

United States

#56 Mar 19, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational statements? You seem to act like you have all the answers even though none have been made public. Unless you are on the council you are just speculating as much as anybody else.
They make a lot more sense than saying the board of regents has some agenda and is teaming up the Alexander's to take over the school.(Yes, I've heard that said.) My answers somewhat speculation even though most are factual and they make so much more sense than what most other people have said.
Jack

United States

#57 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>They make a lot more sense than saying the board of regents has some agenda and is teaming up the Alexander's to take over the school.(Yes, I've heard that said.) My answers somewhat speculation even though most are factual and they make so much more sense than what most other people have said.
It's still speculation.
John Stamos

Murray, KY

#58 Mar 19, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still speculation.
Okay Jack, you can go back to throwing your temper tantrum now. I just want you to know that no matter how much you bitch and moan about it Dr. Randy Dunn will not be the president of Murray State University on July 1, 2014. Have a good day.
Jack

United States

#59 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>Okay Jack, you can go back to throwing your temper tantrum now. I just want you to know that no matter how much you bitch and moan about it Dr. Randy Dunn will not be the president of Murray State University on July 1, 2014. Have a good day.
U mad
John Stamos

Murray, KY

#60 Mar 19, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
U mad
Over what?! I could care less if Dunn is president or not. I don't think he's anything special or has done just amazing things for Murray. I will gladly welcome a new president and look forward to where Murray will go in the future.
Jack

United States

#61 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>Over what?! I could care less if Dunn is president or not. I don't think he's anything special or has done just amazing things for Murray. I will gladly welcome a new president and look forward to where Murray will go in the future.
Cool story bro
Interesting

Benton, KY

#62 Mar 19, 2013
John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you gone back and read the comments you would have seen this:
"Moreover, don't hold your breath waiting for a public statement from the Board. Because this is a contracted job it is in the best interest of the Board and University to not issue a statement. Had Dr. Dunn been bought out of his contract then they would have issues a statement as to why. Because the contract was simply not renewed and the Board was to issue such a statement Dr. Dunn could potentially file a civil suit against the Board and University for libel and defamation. Any legal counsel would advise against it."
I've seen this exact wording And not on here.
LOL

Benton, KY

#63 Mar 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
In response to "Sick and Tired"'s very lengthy post:I work at MSU. There were no raises last year or the year before that, etc. The only "raise" that was given in the last 5 years was a very minimal flat amount "stipend" that did not get added to our base salaries. I'm not saying I support Dr. Dunn or not, but get your facts straight--there were no raises!
Not true. There was a small stipend that WAS added to vase 4 years ago, and a 1% increase 2 years ago.
LOL

Benton, KY

#64 Mar 19, 2013
*base not vase.
Jenny Lee

Lexington, KY

#66 Mar 20, 2013
Interesting...I've seen that exact wording as well! Very interesting indeed!!
Tucker

Benton, KY

#67 Mar 20, 2013
Warren B

Murray, KY

#68 Mar 20, 2013
In my opinion I would take a very hard look at the board members individual backgrounds and associations who voted in the negative not to renew Mr. Dunn’s contract with the University. I don’t have a dog in this fight however; I am confident with a little skill, tenacity, and investigative diligence one may find the very answer or answers to the actual reason or reasons his contract wasn’t renewed. If the members had a meeting the night before and discussed Mr. Dunn’s future employment with the University they’re could be litigation issues that should concern those involved.

I personally haven’t heard anything but accolades regarding President Dunn’s stewardship during his tenure at Murray State. It’s obvious to me and others that the members who voted not to renew his contract might be looking at some potential courtroom cross examination!!!!!!
bubbalicious

Murray, KY

#69 Mar 20, 2013
Warren B wrote:
In my opinion I would take a very hard look at the board members individual backgrounds and associations who voted in the negative not to renew Mr. Dunn’s contract with the University. I don’t have a dog in this fight however; I am confident with a little skill, tenacity, and investigative diligence one may find the very answer or answers to the actual reason or reasons his contract wasn’t renewed. If the members had a meeting the night before and discussed Mr. Dunn’s future employment with the University they’re could be litigation issues that should concern those involved.
I personally haven’t heard anything but accolades regarding President Dunn’s stewardship during his tenure at Murray State. It’s obvious to me and others that the members who voted not to renew his contract might be looking at some potential courtroom cross examination!!!!!!
Since when can you sue someone for not renewing a contract? About the worst that can happen is a slap on the wrist for open meetings violations. That will not change the results. Good or bad, Dunn is done.
Mad Alum

Benton, KY

#70 Mar 20, 2013
Let me guess...Bob J will be the finalist for the Prez and Dino's company will hire him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassie Burkeen 13 min Simms 6
shelly morrow leopard and joe waller 1 hr Everyone Needs to... 25
Fire in Calloway County? 1 hr Binky 20
stupid fat redneck at hucks. 2 hr redneck2 11
Girls soccer coaches 2 hr CCHS soccer player 4
Jason black heather adams 3 hr Her child_bitch 5
David Caldwell 4 hr cowboy 9

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance