The Tiger

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

The board is not publicly elected. They are not accountable to those that are upset by their decision. Starting a petition or moaning about it on the internet will change nothing. They can do whatever they want and there is nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.
John Stamos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Cal Luther wrote:
After Dr Dunn was fired for no reason, I call for the whole Board to follow Dr Jack Rose and step down for the good of MSU.
Dunn wasn't fired. He just wasn't rehired. You people who think the university is going to go crashing and burning to the ground are the same who thought Murray would become like Las Vegas after the alcohol vote. Murray thrived before Dunn and it will after Dunn. Fact.

Maybe you should think about why the board could have possibly voted the way they did. Maybe behind closed doors Dunn isn't the knight in shining armor that so many are making him out to be. The vast majority of Murrayians don't know what really goes on at a university aside from attending basketball games. I do know he doesn't have the greatest working relationship with Gov Beshear but then again his cousin did vote to keep Dunn. I'm just saying 7 to 4 was by no means unanimous but it wasn't super close either. Schooly and Rose had to vote the way they did because the faculty and staff senates said to vote that way.

As far as Rose stepping down, the timing could've just been right. I've heard he would possibly lose the next election for faculty regent. Kind of like Dunn quit the Miss St job before he was beat. Not saying that's what happened but is a possibility.
Ling Li

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm, if you were an employer who had an employee that was constantly sending out resumes and doing interviews with other companies, what message would you get? No matter how competent or engaging an employee might be, there is a point at which this sort of behavior causes concern about the future.
Dr. Rose needs to just retreat to his mall booth and concentrate on selling used goods. His ideas about education are so out-dated it is sad.
Goldie McMuffin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Ling Li wrote:
Hmmm, if you were an employer who had an employee that was constantly sending out resumes and doing interviews with other companies, what message would you get? No matter how competent or engaging an employee might be, there is a point at which this sort of behavior causes concern about the future.
Dr. Rose needs to just retreat to his mall booth and concentrate on selling used goods. His ideas about education are so out-dated it is sad.
He was only looking because the board was dragging it's feet on his contract.
Jay

New Concord, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Cal Luther wrote:
After Dr Dunn was fired for no reason, I call for the whole Board to follow Dr Jack Rose and step down for the good of MSU.
You are a retard, he was not fired. His contract is up June 2014. Anyone that is applying for all the jobs he has is not happy with their current job. Thus they are not able to do the current work at hand in my op. Send his ass down the road ASAP
Goldie McMuffin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>You are a retard, he was not fired. His contract is up June 2014. Anyone that is applying for all the jobs he has is not happy with their current job. Thus they are not able to do the current work at hand in my op. Send his ass down the road ASAP
Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem.
doc

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Ling Li wrote:
I'd hope my employees would be trying to improve their job and better themselves. I don't want complacent unmotivated employees. Everyone needs to have the option to move up.
John Stamos

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Goldie McMuffin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunn was the first person to ever mention that he was looking for another job because "the board was dragging its feet." The only reason he ever made that up was when he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar during homecoming with the Miss St job. The board was only supposed to vote on his contract one year before it was up so they could vote anytime up until this June. He was the one putting the pressure and digging his own grave.
Lady haha

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Jeremiah Johnson wrote:
It is all about Obama and his control of the university! Obama baby all day every day 24/7!!!!!!!
Your stupid !
Goldie McMuffin

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Grover Woolard wrote:
It is about time for a black prez. USA got Obama MUS need Jessie Jackson!
Say goodbye to the bigot students from Marshall County.
Ling Li

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Goldie McMuffin wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you've not been paying attention. He's been applying for other jobs for at least a year now. The board wasn't scheduled to vote on his contract renewal until this spring. There has been no "feet dragging" on his contract, only his repeated searches for a new job. I have no problem with his moving on up but he shouldn't blame the board if they don't want to rehire him after he has made it quite clear that he won't remain if he gets another offer.
Billy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

More will come out about the true motivations behind getting rid of Randy Dunn. Several companies have been pushing for privatization of food services, the book store, and the radio station so they could come in and profit from them. Randy Dunn was the biggest advocate for preventing this so these companies wrote checks to the right people to have him removed. Pretty soon the campus will be commercialized like the other colleges in Kentucky.
Well

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

There is nothing wrong with privatizing services the University provides. They are government employees and it's run like a government...with lazy people. Privatize it, and people with start working or get fired. I'm tired of my tax dollars going to places where they feed themselves, travel, and sleep on the job.
Billy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Well wrote:
There is nothing wrong with privatizing services the University provides. They are government employees and it's run like a government...with lazy people. Privatize it, and people with start working or get fired. I'm tired of my tax dollars going to places where they feed themselves, travel, and sleep on the job.
There is something wrong with bribery and kickbacks.
Anon

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

According to WKMS, Board of Regents Chairman, Constantine Curris, said some board members gathered at a social event at the home of regent Sharon Green the night before Friday’s meeting. Curris said the gathering was a social event. However, Curris did mention that University business was discussed among the board members in attendance.

http://www.wkms.org/post/curris-msu-board-mem...

Really curious what backdoor dealings went on at Ms. Green's house Thursday night.....
Anon

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Student Jeremiah Johnson released a statement to The Murray State News regarding his decision to vote against the renewal of President Randy Dunn's contract.

He said he did what he thought was best for the students.

"After talking with numerous students all over the Murray campus, as well as the various satellite campuses, and students within the SGA, I came to this conclusion," Johnson said.

This seems odd since all the students I have talked to seem supportive of Dr. Dunn. Why doesn't he give a specific reason as to why these students felt this way? Why don't any of the board members that voted not to renew Dr. Dunn's contract say what it is that lead them to that decision? Why can't we have some transparency and answers?
John Stamos

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Billy wrote:
More will come out about the true motivations behind getting rid of Randy Dunn. Several companies have been pushing for privatization of food services, the book store, and the radio station so they could come in and profit from them. Randy Dunn was the biggest advocate for preventing this so these companies wrote checks to the right people to have him removed. Pretty soon the campus will be commercialized like the other colleges in Kentucky.
Except Dunn just suggested that we should sell off WKMS. And who ever said anything about changing dining services? They are completely self sustaining and always turn a profit. They use that money for constant renovations to their various venues. To imply that private firms are bribing the board to not renew Dunn's contract and sell different university departments is ridiculous. You know why? The board doesn't have to have Dunn's approval for any of that. Dunn has to have the board's approval, not the other way around.
Jessica

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

John Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>Except Dunn just suggested that we should sell off WKMS. And who ever said anything about changing dining services? They are completely self sustaining and always turn a profit. They use that money for constant renovations to their various venues. To imply that private firms are bribing the board to not renew Dunn's contract and sell different university departments is ridiculous. You know why? The board doesn't have to have Dunn's approval for any of that. Dunn has to have the board's approval, not the other way around.
If Dunn was pushing to sell off WKMS then I'm glad he's going.
John Stamos

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
If Dunn was pushing to sell off WKMS then I'm glad he's going.
Part of Dunn's budget cut recommendations to the board was to look into selling WKMS. The linked article that Anon posted reports it there.
MSU Alum

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I'm not comfortable with any entity that by Kentucky law must hold open meetings with public agendas instead holding a quorum meeting the night before to decide their strategy. It doesn't sound above board at all. Please go to the WKMS website for the latest story on this possibly illegal meeting prior to the Regents' vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynn Grove Discussions

Search the Lynn Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 min hillian 81,559
pushed in pool 8 min Rob 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min breakdown 146,847
2nd DUI in 5 years punishment? 16 min paul mccoy 10
calloway county court clerk 23 min Yeap 24
city pool 59 min The Lake 3
pit stop bbq (Mar '12) 1 hr Betrayal 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••