First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul

Murray, KY

#1 Mar 24, 2013
God has done an amazing work in my life this weekend. He truely is worthy to be praised. So thankful I am Heaven bound!
Red

Tucker, GA

#2 Mar 24, 2013
With there being so many religions in the world it gets confusing. Let's list them all shall we...

Islam, Christianity, Jainism, Judaism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, Shinto, Sikhism, Baha'i Faith, Tenrikyo, Wicca, Church of World Messianity, Cao Đà i. Cheondoism, Mormonism, Scientology, Church of Satan, Rastafarians, Unitarian Universialists.... I cannot list them all. I don't even *know* them all.

And this is just the beginning. We are ignoring the vast number of different sects just in the Christian faith alone: Anglican, Episcopalian, Methodist, Baptist, Anabaptist, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Catholics, Evangelical. Other faiths are almost as divided along dogmatic lines into different sects, who may pay homage to certain fundamental principles but differ in certain beliefs which almost completely change the character of the religion.

So, anyone seeking to convert me needs to do one of two things:

1) Prove to me that every other religion in the world is wrong and show me how they are wrong.

2) Prove to me that the religion they are trying to convert me to can be shown to be the "one true faith." After all, if my immortal soul is supposed to be on the line then I want to make damn sure I'm rolling with the winning team. Is that too much to ask?
Stan

Benton, KY

#3 Mar 24, 2013
Red wrote:
With there being so many religions in the world it gets confusing. Let's list them all shall we...
Islam, Christianity, Jainism, Judaism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, Shinto, Sikhism, Baha'i Faith, Tenrikyo, Wicca, Church of World Messianity, Cao Đà i. Cheondoism, Mormonism, Scientology, Church of Satan, Rastafarians, Unitarian Universialists.... I cannot list them all. I don't even *know* them all.
And this is just the beginning. We are ignoring the vast number of different sects just in the Christian faith alone: Anglican, Episcopalian, Methodist, Baptist, Anabaptist, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Catholics, Evangelical. Other faiths are almost as divided along dogmatic lines into different sects, who may pay homage to certain fundamental principles but differ in certain beliefs which almost completely change the character of the religion.
So, anyone seeking to convert me needs to do one of two things:
1) Prove to me that every other religion in the world is wrong and show me how they are wrong.
2) Prove to me that the religion they are trying to convert me to can be shown to be the "one true faith." After all, if my immortal soul is supposed to be on the line then I want to make damn sure I'm rolling with the winning team. Is that too much to ask?
Do you really expect a satisfying response to that? Don't hold your breath.
Guido Fawkes

United States

#4 Mar 24, 2013
Yawn..
Best answer I can give

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really expect a satisfying response to that? Don't hold your breath.
As an atheist... it sounds like a reasonable question.
Stan

Benton, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Guido Fawkes wrote:
Yawn..
Why comment if you have nothing to add?
Guido Fawkes

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2013
Paul wrote:
God has done an amazing work in my life this weekend. He truely is worthy to be praised. So thankful I am Heaven bound!
I am sure he has blessed you. Since he had to take time out of his agenda of giving AIDS to babies in Africa to look after your lame ass problems.
Mary

Tucker, GA

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Guido Fawkes wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure he has blessed you. Since he had to take time out of his agenda of giving AIDS to babies in Africa to look after your lame ass problems.
He's also been busy helping all those college basketball teams win.
Paul

United States

#9 Mar 24, 2013
God is awesome!!
Paul

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2013
So awesome!!
"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)
samuel

Murray, KY

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Agreed God is awesome. This world is going down the drain because people are pushing him away
Red

Tucker, GA

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Waiting...
Paul

Florence, KY

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Oh screw you MFs I wish you all straight yo hell.

Burn Burn Burn

I'm the only one going to heaven.
Peaceful
#14 Mar 25, 2013
Red wrote:
Waiting...
There was not a perfect church, in revelations! Religion is man made, and all that man touches is tainted. Only by truely believeing, that God, sent his son, for a sacarifice, for my sins! I will be made perfect, when my Lord and Saviour, returns! I'm to bless those, who cannot see, those who live in the world...and not the spirit world. I will not be perfect, I will be tested! That's okay. Bless you! Hey you think you believe, nothing! Well it should be okay, for me to believe, in something! You have a nice day. It's the Jesus, in me!
Peaceful
#15 Mar 25, 2013
Paul wrote:
Oh screw you MFs I wish you all straight yo hell.
Burn Burn Burn
I'm the only one going to heaven.
I hope your someone masquerading, as the first paul. If not, then why did you, let the devil, steal your beautiful love, joy and peace? You know thats his goal, Bless you...Paul, with that love, joy and peace, may it overflow!
Red

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Peaceful wrote:
<quoted text>There was not a perfect church, in revelations! Religion is man made, and all that man touches is tainted. Only by truely believeing, that God, sent his son, for a sacarifice, for my sins! I will be made perfect, when my Lord and Saviour, returns! I'm to bless those, who cannot see, those who live in the world...and not the spirit world. I will not be perfect, I will be tested! That's okay. Bless you! Hey you think you believe, nothing! Well it should be okay, for me to believe, in something! You have a nice day. It's the Jesus, in me!
So what makes belief in Jesus right and beliefs in other gods wrong? You didn't answer the question.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Mar 25, 2013
"A Christian is a person who wants to give up great things in a real life, for mediocre things in an imaginary one. More importantly, they demand you do the same."

Mark Twain
Paul

Benton, KY

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Peaceful wrote:
<quoted text> I hope your someone masquerading, as the first paul. If not, then why did you, let the devil, steal your beautiful love, joy and peace? You know thats his goal, Bless you...Paul, with that love, joy and peace, may it overflow!

Nope I'm the real Paul. But you see Bi Polar and that's just the way the ball bounces.

So screw you stupid people.

I don't know why I waste my time.
Steve

Benton, KY

#19 Apr 20, 2013
Surely if it is [malfunction] my machine would have corrected this. Or the colours. The administration. It has been many years now. I can no longer remember why. It feels so good though. I hope they never do.
Thirsty

Carol Stream, IL

#20 Oct 6, 2013
There is nothing wrong with god it's people who screw everything up. When he created us he gave us free will. Maybe he thought we would use it more wisely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tax breaks for the wealthy 51 min Interpreter of M... 13
Local psycho checking out college girls 2 hr fishscaleprck 24
Travis Shelton 15 hr anon 7
Food challenges 16 hr EyeQ 4
#bringjoytocongress 19 hr Bringjoy2congress 4
Obama credited for strong economy 20 hr Imitator 93
Comey sold his soul to the devil HILDEBEAST 23 hr your mama 3

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance