calloway county parks
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Oct 13

Murray, KY

#1 Oct 11, 2013
I am posting about the lack of upkeep to playground equipment at the city parks I go out there with my kids and stuff seems to be broken and not safe for play.

Murray, KY

#2 Oct 11, 2013
I was just wondering what is going on seems to be a nice area but not really safe

Murray, KY

#3 Oct 11, 2013
The Ball parks seem to b in the best of shape at all times and bathrooms out there,ust not very clean. athe trash not picked up most the time.

Murray, KY

#4 Oct 11, 2013
don't like how the a park staff member looks at the girls up there and they seem not dressed the part. one guy had a shirt that said BEER on it I mean really that looks trashy to me
well aware

Murray, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2013
Im so grateful for the new additions, just wish we had more equipment. Swings. ...and sensory area like noble park, heck even mike miller park. I get budgets....but come on
hmmm

Benton, KY

#7 Oct 12, 2013
well of course the ball park looks great they are sponsored teams by businesses. with the low funding going on everywhere one would think you guys would be glad to have a safe park for your kids to play in as I am certain many cities are closing their parks down not to mention how unsafe the parks are everywhere else. I think we should be greatful what we have and quit moaning and groaning at what we don't have. As small city people we are the entitled one's!
worker bee

Murray, KY

#8 Oct 12, 2013
I wish the bathrooms were better

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 Oct 12, 2013
There's not enough revenue to do more than the park is already doing. There are lots of improvements that are on the to do list, but not enough money to make them happen.
Mr Jim

Owensboro, KY

#10 Oct 12, 2013
2Independent wrote:
There's not enough revenue to do more than the park is already doing. There are lots of improvements that are on the to do list, but not enough money to make them happen.
Agreed. They're doing heroic work on little bits of money.

Equal Free: Your concern about the trash is easily solved. Form a volunteer group and go pick it up on a regular basis. It's your park, you're using it, so lend a hand when you see something that needs doing and that you are perfectly capable of doing. That's how community works. Spend an hour a week and find 6 other people to do the same thing. I'm sure the parks folks would be glad for you to clean the restrooms regularly too if that's a concern. In addition to making it a nicer park for everyone, you will be teaching your children to give back to the community in the form of service. Parks aren't "Free."
Tree Hugger

Murray, KY

#11 Oct 13, 2013
The bathrooms at the park are among the cleanest in town. Me and several other folks who work around the city every day use them because they are better than any other public restrooms. Most have been renovated in the last few years. I agree some of the playgrounds are getting old. But I bet those are pretty expensive to replace. I'm proud of our parks. I don't know the exact finances for the parks but have also heard they are way underfunded. I know what I see and there is always lots of people using them. Walkers, joggers, families and teams of kids and adults playing all kinds of sports. My sense tells me too our parks are doing great with what they have to work with.
jake

Murray, KY

#12 Oct 13, 2013
2Independent wrote:
If would be if they fired tad he does little to nothing,just have the supervisor do you Job,Tad way over paid for doing nothing.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 13, 2013
jake wrote:
<quoted text>If would be if they fired tad he does little to nothing,just have the supervisor do you Job,Tad way over paid for doing nothing.
And that.......is the dumbest post of the day. Perhaps you should attend the park board meetings and see what goes on, maybe give them your special insight.
Think

Murray, KY

#14 Oct 13, 2013
Mr Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. They're doing heroic work on little bits of money.
Equal Free: Your concern about the trash is easily solved. Form a volunteer group and go pick it up on a regular basis. It's your park, you're using it, so lend a hand when you see something that needs doing and that you are perfectly capable of doing. That's how community works. Spend an hour a week and find 6 other people to do the same thing. I'm sure the parks folks would be glad for you to clean the restrooms regularly too if that's a concern. In addition to making it a nicer park for everyone, you will be teaching your children to give back to the community in the form of service. Parks aren't "Free."
They could still do better with the funding they have. When all the city agencies got budget cuts or nothing at all city council asked for an extra 25k a year for the parks. Where is that money going?
well aware

Murray, KY

#15 Oct 13, 2013
I know the city pool makes a little off the splash park that was donated ....I know the splash park is free a few months but come summer, the pool locks it up and charges. Im well aware it uses the pool water but I thought the owens donated that to the community. For murray to be voted most playful city and most friendly, I wld assume we cld get some more swings. I get budgets, revenue, etc....but sometimes things dont add up. Do we really need a park ranger using gas, or a receptionist full time?
MSUstudent

Murray, KY

#16 Oct 14, 2013
a park ranger? hell we have at least two... lol. doing the same jobs that city cops sittn at gas stations could be doin... the city hired a whole bunch more when the liquor law passed along with all new cars... do we really need more cops n cars in the friendliest town in america? lol... we probably have more cops patrolling murray than paducah... lol
Trail Blazer

Murray, KY

#17 Oct 14, 2013
Try walking the trails daily with the bridges missing planks and trees down.
The park ranger will come to you and tell you that you need to pick up dog poop, right next to the creek, but they cant seem to keep the trails safe.
I heard that they received funding to clean them up.
Hopefully they do before someone gets hurt.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 15, 2013
Trail Blazer wrote:
Try walking the trails daily with the bridges missing planks and trees down.
The park ranger will come to you and tell you that you need to pick up dog poop, right next to the creek, but they cant seem to keep the trails safe.
I heard that they received funding to clean them up.
Hopefully they do before someone gets hurt.
Gee, I haven't been asked by a ranger to clean up dog poop, but then I haven't brought my dog to the park to poop. Seems like a reasonable request.
Tree Hugger

Murray, KY

#19 Oct 15, 2013
The trees are cleared from the paths that I walk. And, the bridges have received attention recently. Like Independent said all the fixups come with a price tag and most are very costly. Big tree removal deep in the woods from the ice storm were supposed to be covered under FEMA insurance money that never arrived and probably never will. I know. I ask instead of making false statements on topix.
HEARD ENOUGH

United States

#20 Oct 15, 2013
jake wrote:
<quoted text>If would be if they fired tad he does little to nothing,just have the supervisor do you Job,Tad way over paid for doing nothing.
Who is Tad?
lonnie

Murray, KY

#21 Oct 15, 2013
HEARD ENOUGH wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Tad?
park butt hole director over paid do nother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murray high basketball 1 hr Momma Bear 48
Police stops 1 hr For the Record 35
Weed 2 hr Graves 14
Looking for local offroaders 2 hr Graves 3
c*ck fighting 3 hr Graves 7
should I speak up? (Jul '13) 4 hr Baby bear 56
Karma is going to get you Shawn Cannon 5 hr lessonlearnt 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynn Grove Mortgages