Independent

Owensboro, KY

#126 Feb 6, 2013
Sinistral opposite wrote:
<quoted text> You two had better slow down or you wont be able too pass through a standard 2-8 6-8 door with that brain pan you're sporting, I am thoroughly amused at how Bob is spelled WOW, but above all that, I am amused at how dumb you think the rest of us are. Above all I am laughing at both of you two's inability to just simply admit the City of Chicago had the most murders than in other city in the US last year. Let's do this, let's break it down a little more micro. We'll go ward by ward population, Chicago vs New Orleans, then let's break it down further. Let's go gang murder vs non gang murder. Then let's break it down by warm day vs cool day. Then break it down by day and time of week. Looks to me like the city of Chicago still had the most murders of 2012. Now do you want to know where you can stick your rate? Butt, you two would probably enjoy it.
I believe the both of us are confirmed heterosexuals. "Butt," it seems you are preoccupied with other activities. Enjoy.
Sinistral opposite

Hickory, KY

#127 Feb 6, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the both of us are confirmed heterosexuals. "Butt," it seems you are preoccupied with other activities. Enjoy.
"Butt", what's the rate of that confirmation? Is it the count of two, or two into one? Belief is in the mind of the beholder. Some may not agree with what you believe. Why does that sound familiar?

Since: Dec 10

Des Moines, IA

#128 Feb 6, 2013
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Thanks for making some sense, being respectful, and actually being able to make a point. I will try to do the same
<quoted text>
But your point is the only point that I was trying make. The murder count in Chicago is probably due to a lot of factors and to reduce the cause of that down to "strictest gun laws in the nation", which itself I wouldn't believe just because someone said it on the Internet, is a little absurd, and it would be absurd to believe it without some kind of other evidence to back that up. Unless you just really wanted to believe it.
Thank you for the kind words. Poverty is one of the biggest contributors of violence. When humans are pushed the the outer limits of society either by their own destructive behavior, life choices or cards being stacked against them from the start you will see violence. In those harsh realities people no longer run on moral judgement (if any to begin with) but on survival instinct and self preservation. This creates a dangerous individual if only due to the human mind and body being capable of so much destruction to prolong it's existence.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#129 Feb 6, 2013
Kayos wrote:
<quoted text>
A good reason is subjective to those looking at the situation. Valid arguments can come from both sides and I stress "valid". However you have proven my point of it is a "acceptable" loss if "you" believe it to be. However many service men and women along with a great deal of the country would "highly" disagree with you. Loss is not acceptable when intentional, or reasonably preventable. So in the end it is the "true" number that trumps the average whether you, or I for that matter likes it or not.
You are correct that it can be subjective. The vast majority of the country felt WWII was worth it, casualties and all. History has so judged it, and so have I.

Des Moines, IA

#130 Feb 6, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that it can be subjective. The vast majority of the country felt WWII was worth it, casualties and all. History has so judged it, and so have I.
Which brings me to my next point, even horrific things are acceptable to the masses so long as the don't have an emotional stake in the game, or anything else to loos for that matter.

Des Moines, IA

#131 Feb 6, 2013
they* and loose* Apologies for typos. Beer...what can I say. :)
Independent

Murray, KY

#132 Feb 7, 2013
Kayos wrote:
they* and loose* Apologies for typos. Beer...what can I say.:)

I think we ought to get together and have a few beers....lol then we could loosen up and smooch on the couch. Heck if that goes good we could bump uglys
juan

Benton, KY

#133 Feb 7, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>But have you considered Kirksey? I won't venture near that place at night.
Kirksey?! I live in Kirksey, please enlighten me on the dangers I face day to day?
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#134 Feb 7, 2013
Ok, real Independent is back up from a night's rest. I see someone else who has no evidence with which to argue has tried to take my place. Homosexuality seems to be a consistent theme from most of those who disagree. I can see their attraction to guns.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#135 Feb 7, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Kirksey?! I live in Kirksey, please enlighten me on the dangers I face day to day?
Kirksey is a high class community. Please pardon the joke.
juan

Benton, KY

#136 Feb 7, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Kirksey is a high class community. Please pardon the joke.
What do you mean by class? Are you making a racist comment? It may now be the high roll'n city you're from, but it is the place I call home. I'm not a criminal, I don't do drugs, same goes for my neighbors. That's not saying we don't have a few criminals in our midst, but the same can be said where you come from or call home.
tornillo te! eres un tonto ignorante!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#137 Feb 7, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by class? Are you making a racist comment? It may now be the high roll'n city you're from, but it is the place I call home. I'm not a criminal, I don't do drugs, same goes for my neighbors. That's not saying we don't have a few criminals in our midst, but the same can be said where you come from or call home.
Dude, it was a joke from 50 posts ago where we were arguing if whether Kirksey had 250 murders while Chicago has 500, would that make Kirksey more dangerous than Chicago? It was a theoretical question and if you had been following along you would not be so offended.

Or maybe you would be still, if you are anything a few of these other troglodytes.

Location hidden

#138 Feb 7, 2013
Sinistral opposite wrote:
<quoted text>I am thoroughly amused at how Bob is spelled WOW
Idiot, go to the first page of this thread. Go to comment #19 or better yet, search the page for the very first mention of Chicago. Look at the user's name who posted the very first mention of Chicago. It was not Bob, you dense tool, it was a user named WOW from White Plains, NY. Are you disputing that, douche-nozzle?
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#139 Feb 7, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a chill pill man.
Bob

Murray, KY

#141 Feb 7, 2013
Chicago had the most murders of an city in the US in 2012. If you don't like that TDB.

Location hidden

#142 Feb 7, 2013
Bob wrote:
Chicago had the most murders of an city in the US in 2012. If you don't like that TDB.
I believe this has been established, Bob. But it doesn't have the highest murder rate. If you don't like that TFB.

Just take your little mouse cursor, put it in the search box and type "define murder rate" and see if you don't come up with something like "ratio of the total number of murders to the population".

Do you have the balls or competency to do that Bob? I double dog dare you or anybody to google "define murder rate" and report back with your findings.
Anon

United States

#143 Feb 7, 2013
Let's put it in terms they can understand.

You have a collection of 500 BB guns and a collection of 250 M16s. Which collection is more lethal and dangerous?
Bob

Murray, KY

#144 Feb 7, 2013
Chicago had the most murders of any other US city in 2012
juan

United States

#145 Feb 7, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Take a chill pill man.
Racist!!
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#146 Feb 7, 2013
Bob wrote:
Chicago had the most murders of any other US city in 2012
Wasn't the whole point of the Chicago example trying to show that strict gun laws have not prevented gun deaths in Chicago? I fail to see what the total has to do with that issue. Does the total number of deaths in Juarez, Mexico matter with their loose gun laws? I'm sure it ranks way up there in terms of being a dangerous location. I wouldn't go through Juarez these days for love nor money, but I have no fear of going to Chicago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr king Calloway county (Jul '15) 4 min Cooper 6
Murray st hires a high school coach 33 min Bennie Purcell 2
hih burger 36 min Coors Man 18
News Calloway the favorite for district, region titles (Dec '14) 1 hr Ugh 7
Pockets gas attendant is a cop calling bitch! 2 hr yaya 5
chick fil a at MSU 2 hr love that chicken 1
Trumpcare goes down bigly 3 hr Cadiz Ex Republican 61

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance