Bob

Murray, KY

#84 Feb 5, 2013
True.
HAHA

South Fulton, TN

#85 Feb 5, 2013
Sinistral opposite wrote:
<quoted text> I bet it would be safe to say the rate of alligator decimation would be higher in New Orleans than it would be in Chicago. Let me reiterate one more time for your comprehension skills, what was twisted was the original post. Akt twisted it from the body bag count to the rate of body bag counts, per population, per city, which therefore is a twist on what the man stated. More people died in the city limits of Chicago in 2012 than any other US city. Believe it or not.
Akt and Depends are like all libs they try to spin the facts
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#86 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text> I bet it would be safe to say the rate of alligator decimation would be higher in New Orleans than it would be in Chicago. Let me reiterate one more time for your comprehension skills, what was twisted was the original post. Akt twisted it from the body bag count to the rate of body bag counts, per population, per city, which therefore is a twist on what the man stated. More people died in the city limits of Chicago in 2012 than any other US city. Believe it or not.
By your logic, if strict gun law Chicago had 500 gun deaths last year and loose gun law Kirksey had 250, then Chicago has a much bigger problem than Kirksey. That's the logic you are using. The normal response to this from a gun nut will be to say how ridiculous it would be for Kirksey to have 250 gun deaths, sidestepping the issue of rates of death that all the sane people pay attention to. Now that's twisted.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#87 Feb 5, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
By your logic, if strict gun law Chicago had 500 gun deaths last year and loose gun law Kirksey had 250, then Chicago has a much bigger problem than Kirksey. That's the logic you are using. The normal response to this from a gun nut will be to say how ridiculous it would be for Kirksey to have 250 gun deaths, sidestepping the issue of rates of death that all the sane people pay attention to. Now that's twisted.
By “gun nut” do you mean constitution loving / Defending AMERICAN! If so you are a real P.O.S! And you still are not at all or by any means an “Independent"
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#88 Feb 6, 2013
Annoying Keyboard Tapper wrote:
<quoted text> By “gun nut” do you mean constitution loving / Defending AMERICAN! If so you are a real P.O.S! And you still are not at all or by any means an “Independent"
I don't think a nut like you is capable of judging the independence of anyone.

Since: Nov 12

Murray, KY

#89 Feb 6, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think a nut like you is capable of judging the independence of anyone.
Does anyone on this or any other thread think “Independent” is an independent other then AKT ?
Bob

Murray, KY

#90 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Does anyone on this or any other thread think “Independent” is an independent other then AKT ?
No Fing way!
its cold in outer space

Murray, KY

#91 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Does anyone on this or any other thread think “Independent” is an independent other then AKT ?
No!
Ginger

Murray, KY

#92 Feb 6, 2013
Are you kidding? He/she is the most partisan person on Topix ( next to AKT)
Ginger

Murray, KY

#93 Feb 6, 2013
No, he/she is the most partisan person on Topix ( next to AKT)

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#94 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Let me reiterate one more time for your comprehension skills, what was twisted was the original post. Akt twisted it from the body bag count to the rate of body bag counts, per population, per city, which therefore is a twist on what the man stated. More people died in the city limits of Chicago in 2012 than any other US city. Believe it or not.
Actually Mr. Awesome Reading Comprehension, Bob is the one who twisted it. Look back in the thread, it all started with #19, the very first mention of Chicago by WOW:
WOW wrote:
One teenager, two men killed and eight wounded in Chicago Tues. They have the stricktest gun control in the US. Working real good an't it?
Then I brought up the murder RATE in New Orleans, Louisiana in comment #20, and then you intellectual elites have spent all this time trying to tell ME that the murder RATE in Chicago is higher because the count is bigger, contrary to what anybody that knows basic statistics would tell you.

Also, let me reiterate that I HAVE NEVER ADVOCATED A GUN CONTROL POSITION, not once. Just bringing up an inconvenient fact for people who have apparently built their entire political philosophy up and hinged it upon Chicago being Death Town Central because of its gun laws. Believe it or not, some things just aren't that simple. But a lot of you haters are.
Rhonda

Murray, KY

#95 Feb 6, 2013
No he's a big lib.
Bob

Murray, KY

#96 Feb 6, 2013
Bob #19 is not the original Bob but as I have stated 1900 times now but Ms Tapper can't get it into her head. Chicago had the most murders of any US town in 2012, plain and simple. GET IT TAPPER.

Location hidden

#97 Feb 6, 2013
Actually, I really just can't bring myself to make the effort to bother to form an opinion on that particular issue. You probably find that hard to believe as fixated on it as you are.

I also have this awareness that the word "independent" is not limited to contexts that only describe one's political affiliations. Why just using the Google will bring up 12 different definitions of it as an adverb and 3 as a noun.

Location hidden

#98 Feb 6, 2013
Bob wrote:
Bob #19 is not the original Bob but as I have stated 1900 times now but Ms Tapper can't get it into her head. Chicago had the most murders of any US town in 2012, plain and simple. GET IT TAPPER.
Yes, I get it, Chicago has the highest murder count and I also get that it is one of the most populated cities in America. Last year it was New York City, but their murder count dropped to 414. Is that because of all those guns they are now allowed to carry in NYC now? Did NYC's murder count drop from over 2000 people in 1991 to 414 last year because their gun control laws don't work?

I also get that you don't want to understand or are unable to comprehend the difference between a per capita murder rate and a simple count.

I also understand that when you take the number of murders in one of America's biggest cities and you find a city a tenth of its size that has half as many murders, that city is a far more dangerous place to be.
Kbob

Murray, KY

#99 Feb 6, 2013
I'd rather be judged by twelve. Than to be carried by six.

Guns are the only thing that makes life worth living.
Bob

Murray, KY

#100 Feb 6, 2013
Ms tapper, when I started this, I never mentioned per capita. This is it, I don't want any more of your BS about per capita, this is not about per capita, GET IT, it's about total number, over 500 murders, the most of amy state in 2012, GET IT.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#101 Feb 6, 2013
Bob wrote:
Ms tapper, when I started this, I never mentioned per capita. This is it, I don't want any more of your BS about per capita, this is not about per capita, GET IT, it's about total number, over 500 murders, the most of amy state in 2012, GET IT.
Oh yeah. He gets it and so do I. We both understand numbers. We also understand "relativity." You do not, and you will suffer for it for the rest of your life.

Location hidden

#102 Feb 6, 2013
Bob wrote:
Ms tapper, when I started this, I never mentioned per capita. This is it, I don't want any more of your BS about per capita, this is not about per capita, GET IT, it's about total number, over 500 murders, the most of any state in 2012, GET IT.
Bob, you may have started this thread but you did not start 'this' about murder rates. The first person to mention Chicago was a user named WOW in comment #19. I responded in comment #20 about the murder RATE, which is by definition per capita, and the highest murder rate is in New Orleans. You called me an idiot. I've repeatedly explained what a murder rate is and you keep "sticking to your guns".

Is the problem that you don't even know what per capita means? Or just not the significance of it?

BTW, Chicago is not a state. The prize for most murders in a state goes to.......Sunny California! Followed by.....Gun loving Texas!

But if you look at it per-capita the prize still goes to......Louisiana. GET IT?
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#103 Feb 6, 2013
Uh, no. They won't get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Imes (Tax and Spend) 33 min oh well 76
Plan to get rid of the illegals. (Sep '15) 37 min RGW 25
Wes Alexander arrested again?????? 3 hr Donnie Brasco 25
Jared Tabers (Oct '15) 7 hr john 14
billington 7 hr john 29
registered sex offenders (May '11) 9 hr eaburkeen 23
Morgan Freeman 16 hr Him Too 2

Lynn Grove Jobs

Personal Finance

Lynn Grove Mortgages