Harley vs crotch rocket
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#41 Jan 16, 2013
Bilbo wrote:
Little circle you say? Do you know how many people own and ride Harleys? Name calling how about the HEY LOOK AT ME I'M A REAL MAN BS you posted.Lack of ammunition? Where is yours other than it annoys you? You by your post proves you know nothing about engines other than they have mufflers. How about small aircraft,copters etc do they annoy you? Better find out if they have mufflers or not before you answer.
I know that every gasoline/diesel engine makes a lot of noise when not muffled. You don't seem to know that. If you don't want a lot of noise, you put on a good muffler. I'm sure I've rebuilt many more engines than you unless you are in triple figures. Seems that my "real man" comment hit home with you. Sorry about that.
Bilbo

South Fulton, TN

#42 Jan 16, 2013
Somehow I doubt you have ever rebuilt anything. Your posts indicate you know nothing about a motorcycle engine or anything else. Now go google engine mufflers and find out what else they do besides muffle noise.
Independent

Murray, KY

#43 Jan 16, 2013
Bilbo wrote:
Somehow I doubt you have ever rebuilt anything. Your posts indicate you know nothing about a motorcycle engine or anything else. Now go google engine mufflers and find out what else they do besides muffle noise.
Bilbo, your posts indicate that you know nothing of engines. Gee, it's easy making stuff up! Why not just admit that no vehicle engine has to make a lot of noise if properly muffled? Oh no! My Harley is just too much machine to be controlled like that. No muffler is capable of quieting such a powerful engine! Give me a break.
Bilbo

South Fulton, TN

#44 Jan 17, 2013
Just where did I post that BS your posting? I beleave I ask you a simple question about mufflers that any shadetree mechanic could answer without googling it. I also ask you about small aircraft engines as well as why one would alter or change mufflers on any engine. A muffler is a very simple thing not unlike simple minded people like you that weaves and spins hoping to get away with BS.
However we hope you keep posting your intertaining.
Independent

Hawesville, KY

#45 Jan 17, 2013
Bilbo wrote:
Just where did I post that BS your posting? I beleave I ask you a simple question about mufflers that any shadetree mechanic could answer without googling it. I also ask you about small aircraft engines as well as why one would alter or change mufflers on any engine. A muffler is a very simple thing not unlike simple minded people like you that weaves and spins hoping to get away with BS.
However we hope you keep posting your intertaining.
Just voicing your thoughts, since you don't seem to think it's possible to muffle a Harley down the same level as other motorcycles.
BIC

Bronx, NY

#46 Jan 18, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Just voicing your thoughts, since you don't seem to think it's possible to muffle a Harley down the same level as other motorcycles.
Looks like Bilbo knows what he's talking about Independent and like he said I don't beleave you know JACK SHIT about engines. By the way I have been a certified mech. for 22 yrs.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#47 Jan 18, 2013
BIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Bilbo knows what he's talking about Independent and like he said I don't beleave you know JACK SHIT about engines. By the way I have been a certified mech. for 22 yrs.
Yeah, me too. No, I think it's been 23 for me.
BIC

Bronx, NY

#48 Jan 18, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too. No, I think it's been 23 for me.
Me thinks not!!!
Independent

White Plains, KY

#49 Jan 18, 2013
BIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks not!!!
Gee, why not? I'll believe your lies if you believe mine. Deal?
BIC

Bronx, NY

#50 Jan 19, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, why not? I'll believe your lies if you believe mine. Deal?
ASE certified 1990 American motorcycle inst. it is now wyoTech. Daytona Beach Fl. Go ahead and make a bigger ass out of yourself fellow.
Independent

Centertown, KY

#51 Jan 19, 2013
BIC wrote:
<quoted text>
ASE certified 1990 American motorcycle inst. it is now wyoTech. Daytona Beach Fl. Go ahead and make a bigger ass out of yourself fellow.
ASE certified 1989 American motorcycle Institute. I know who you are now!
BIC

Bronx, NY

#52 Jan 19, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
ASE certified 1989 American motorcycle Institute. I know who you are now!
The only people I knew from Murray that went to Amer. Inst. was a Roberts his family ran a florist in Murray, and a Schooly that was in marine engines, I think he dropped out.
Independent

Earlington, KY

#53 Jan 19, 2013
BIC wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people I knew from Murray that went to Amer. Inst. was a Roberts his family ran a florist in Murray, and a Schooly that was in marine engines, I think he dropped out.
Yeah, I know who you are. You're the guy with no sense of humor that won't admit you can muffle a Harley engine. There might be more than one of you.
Mags

Murray, KY

#54 Jan 19, 2013
gay.
BIC

Bronx, NY

#55 Jan 20, 2013
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know who you are. You're the guy with no sense of humor that won't admit you can muffle a Harley engine. There might be more than one of you.
No you don't know me nor I you. Where did I say you could'nt muffle a Harley engine? I am pretty sure you were not at Ameri Tech when I was there. I don't give a rat's a-- what you or BoBo thinks or says about Harleys. I simply stated that your spining BS which you are.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#56 Jan 20, 2013
BIC wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't know me nor I you. Where did I say you could'nt muffle a Harley engine? I am pretty sure you were not at Ameri Tech when I was there. I don't give a rat's a-- what you or BoBo thinks or says about Harleys. I simply stated that your spining BS which you are.
Not much for satire are you?
That One Girl

United States

#57 Feb 2, 2013
Mutt wrote:
Crotch rockets perform. With a Harley you are paying for a name. They are for middle aged men looking for something to do on the weekends.
you are dumb
John

Albany, GA

#58 May 16, 2013
I know a lot of motorcycle owners, both Harleys and rice burners. I have heard more BS stories about how "I did an exit ramp at 60 mph", etc. and other obvious BS stories that I don't even remember. And I see all the rice burners doing donuts and burning their tires in parking lots in front of crowds of like 30 other rice burners just trying to show who's the biggest dumbass. They're all acne-faced jocks who are extremely vulnerable to peer-pressure and probably stay up at night worrying if their peers think that they're the alpha rice burner or if someone else is. I see Harley riders, including myself, wave at rice burners as we pass each other, and either the rice burner totally ignores the Harley rider, or flips them off. Whatever, I don't really care if they flip me off or not. We have the same passion, and I acknowledge others who share it also.

Then there are my Harley owner friends who have everyone over for beer and grill-outs at least once a week, and know how to rebuild, swap out, or modify almost anything on a Harley, and who give parts to each other for whatever the recipient wants to give for payment. Usually it's beer, or another part. And several of them are under 30. Most of them have biked at least one 1,000+ mile trips.

My friend Tom has a 1976 SuperGlide that's so modified, it can't be called anything anymore. It's a shovelhead, so it does require some maintenance, but that can be a good thing. You get to know your bike and learn stuff instead of a young snob who has others repair his wrecked pos. Btw, the Evo engines require a lot less maintenance than older engines. My bike is an '02 Sportster, and I haven't seen a single drop leak.

Choose whatever you want, and enjoy riding, but I know which group I'd prefer to become friends with.

Btw, Harleys are pretty quiet from the factory. And they are muffled. Their owners modify them. Oh wait, I'm just making that up because this is the internet.
John

Albany, GA

#59 May 16, 2013
To be fair, there is this guy down my street who's pretty cool and he has a rice burner, and we wave at each other, but I have to say that he's one of the rare rice burners I've personally met who is like that.

One reason I just remembered for people modifying their exhaust on Harleys or other motorcycles is that if you're heard, you're more likely to have other motorists be aware of your presence rather than if you have a quieter bike.
Betty Boop

Wingo, KY

#60 May 17, 2013
I have a 2010 sportster that came with factory pipes, and it was quiet. I had a set of loud screaming eagle pipes put on it, not because I thought it would be cool. I did it so I would be heard and decrease my risk of getting run over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are You One Of Trump's Special People? 34 min Your nutty 36
Elsewhere KY (Aug '16) 2 hr anonymous 54
parklane trump sign 6 hr nonpartisan poster 11
I hate my job 7 hr Quit 6
Mardi Gras 7 hr C haddow 15
Kansas Faces Reality 9 hr bluecollar 10
Farmers (Sep '12) 10 hr Logic 51

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynn Grove Mortgages