Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Has anyone really paid attention what has been happening to our local government? We elect the city council to do something for our city, to be our voice, to stand up for the citizens in the community- I would like to know when someone is going to make the changes that are desperately needed in the City of Murray. The management has went down hill in the past few years, has anyone taken the time to find out why, what is happening within city hall? What is the management doing with all funds, they claim the city is going broke however ALL the upper management live in big nice houses, how many raises have they gotten since they obtained their position as Director of FiancÚ, Human Resource Director and the City Administrator? How much has the finance director given himself for a raise in the past couple years? Yes, he gives himself raises- request the yearly raises that have been issued for the employees every year! The employees that work hard on our streets, in the gas and water department, sanitation and all other city departments get cost of living raise if they get that. The employees are not treated fairly, respected nor appriciated, they are just a body to the management. Why has the job requirements been lowered so certain individuals could qualify for the position, such as the City Administor. Why does the Human Resource Director require a safety intern and 2 assistants? Ask yourself, or better yet as the employees what has happened to our city government? Bring back Mayor Rushing, City Administrator Donnie Elias, Don Leet, Sarah Duncan- City Clerk.... The city finances were a lot better when we had people in office that knew what they were doing! There was respect for the employees, respect for the management, job security and the entire team of city employees wereproud to work for the city. Ask e employees how they feel about their jobs? This new young Mangement has taken the city down hill and sad to say that our elected officials have not done a thing to stop them. City hall has had a lot of changes, they claim to be going broke but they contacted local construction companies regarding renovation for the city clerk area. It's strange how the 3 people that have been working in that area has either been fired (city clerk) or transferred to another department. The city clerk position was just filled, not by either of the ladies that is a certified Municiple clerk, which the training was paid for by the city and that has been there for years doing the duties- they hired someone from outside. What kind of organization would pass up utilizing there own seasoned employees for a green new hire? Step back and just look what is happening to our city government- what is the management really doing? Our city council needs to step up and do the job they were elected to do! Someone needs to look at the how the city was run 5-10 years ago- what's happened since then? The finance director needs to be investigated as well as the city administrator. Mayor Bill Wells- he needs to grow a back bone, stop being a puppet on a sting, I admit I voted for e wrong man! Ever since Wells has been in office- what has he done besides promote recycling? Make a difference day is all he cares about, he help create it and that is his only focus. I assure you that his friend Tom Rushing is highly disappointed with his performance! Mayor Rushing loved Murray, you seen it when he spoke about our town and his employees! Bill Wells is a joke, he needs to step down and go back to driving his dog around town because he has not done anything for our city since he has been in office.
Pinkman

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 4, 2013
 
tl;dr
ageed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 4, 2013
 
They also pay their public safety crap. Cops and firemen. Saw online a position of fireman starting less than $8 hr
Lanier

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Most businesses require two signatures on a check. Not at Murray City Hall where the finance director can write checks for whatever, whenever with only one (his) signature. Of course, this is when he isn't out taking pictures of people's license plates.
new year same o same o

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 4, 2013
 
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Has anyone really paid attention what has been happening to our local government? We elect the city council to do something for our city, to be our voice, to stand up for the citizens in the community- I would like to know when someone is going to make the changes that are desperately needed in the City of Murray. The management has went down hill in the past few years, has anyone taken the time to find out why, what is happening within city hall? What is the management doing with all funds, they claim the city is going broke however ALL the upper management live in big nice houses, how many raises have they gotten since they obtained their position as Director of FiancÚ, Human Resource Director and the City Administrator? How much has the finance director given himself for a raise in the past couple years? Yes, he gives himself raises- request the yearly raises that have been issued for the employees every year! The employees that work hard on our streets, in the gas and water department, sanitation and all other city departments get cost of living raise if they get that. The employees are not treated fairly, respected nor appriciated, they are just a body to the management. Why has the job requirements been lowered so certain individuals could qualify for the position, such as the City Administor. Why does the Human Resource Director require a safety intern and 2 assistants? Ask yourself, or better yet as the employees what has happened to our city government? Bring back Mayor Rushing, City Administrator Donnie Elias, Don Leet, Sarah Duncan- City Clerk.... The city finances were a lot better when we had people in office that knew what they were doing! There was respect for the employees, respect for the management, job security and the entire team of city employees wereproud to work for the city. Ask e employees how they feel about their jobs? This new young Mangement has taken the city down hill and sad to say that our elected officials have not done a thing to stop them. City hall has had a lot of changes, they claim to be going broke but they contacted local construction companies regarding renovation for the city clerk area. It's strange how the 3 people that have been working in that area has either been fired (city clerk) or transferred to another department. The city clerk position was just filled, not by either of the ladies that is a certified Municiple clerk, which the training was paid for by the city and that has been there for years doing the duties- they hired someone from outside. What kind of organization would pass up utilizing there own seasoned employees for a green new hire? Step back and just look what is happening to our city government- what is the management really doing? Our city council needs to step up and do the job they were elected to do! Someone needs to look at the how the city was run 5-10 years ago- what's happened since then? The finance director needs to be investigated as well as the city administrator. Mayor Bill Wells- he needs to grow a back bone, stop being a puppet on a sting, I admit I voted for e wrong man! Ever since Wells has been in office- what has he done besides promote recycling? Make a difference day is all he cares about, he help create it and that is his only focus. I assure you that his friend Tom Rushing is highly disappointed with his performance! Mayor Rushing loved Murray, you seen it when he spoke about our town and his employees! Bill Wells is a joke, he needs to step down and go back to driving his dog around town because he has not done anything for our city since he has been in office.
same thing that is happening in our federal government. plain ole laziness. if you don't do anything, you don't have to take any blame. don't matter that nothing is getting done.
You had me until

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You said bring back Mayor Rushing. Hopefully you speak figuratively since he's been dead for 3 years. Other points have some validity though.
You had me until

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 4, 2013
 
* he has
Tired of the complaining

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 4, 2013
 
So many complaints about the City Council and City Hall and the Mayor. Everyone has the chance to vote for change. Funny how people are happy with things until something doesn't go their way then everything and everyone is to blame. Time for folks to accept the consequences for their actions. ...perhaps these changes are for the greater good.
Wise Old Lady

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Has anyone noticed that these posts about the government have gotten much more frequent since a certain "City Clerk" was fired? Word is she is grasping for anything to try and make these people look bad. Her and her husband are on a war path to try to make some city councilmen side with her and make administration look bad. I hope that the council is smart to enough to see through the smoke. Once again, this lady threw her OWN DAUGHTER under the bus. Who would back a woman with that type on integrity?
Zack

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Murray is the only city in The Jackson Purchase that is thriving. I don't see what the problem is.
Nature Boy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 5, 2013
 
Get involved and do something about it. Actions are louder than words.
Mrs Murray Res

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I love the way Murray looks! I know it's small and not a lot of people like it, but we have sidewalks all over the city now! My kid can walk to school and he goes to Calloway!! Also, now Murray schools has police.(I wish we could get that.) If you sit back and look, it is a very beautiful, safe city. Not to mention we are GROWING! I know the few upset are the loudest, but I think it's great the way the city is being run. I can't wait to eat at the next new restaurant, whatever that may be.
Alien

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mrs Murray Res wrote:
I love the way Murray looks! I know it's small and not a lot of people like it, but we have sidewalks all over the city now! My kid can walk to school and he goes to Calloway!! Also, now Murray schools has police.(I wish we could get that.) If you sit back and look, it is a very beautiful, safe city. Not to mention we are GROWING! I know the few upset are the loudest, but I think it's great the way the city is being run. I can't wait to eat at the next new restaurant, whatever that may be.
The only people complaining are the hillbillies that wish it was still the 1800s.
hello

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mrs Murray Res wrote:
I love the way Murray looks! I know it's small and not a lot of people like it, but we have sidewalks all over the city now! My kid can walk to school and he goes to Calloway!! Also, now Murray schools has police.(I wish we could get that.) If you sit back and look, it is a very beautiful, safe city. Not to mention we are GROWING! I know the few upset are the loudest, but I think it's great the way the city is being run. I can't wait to eat at the next new restaurant, whatever that may be.
yes, murray is a beautiful place, but if you can't see there are some problems, you're looking through rose colored glasses. not as much as is wrong in the bigger cities granted, or they wouldn't so many have moved out of the bigger cities and come to our little piece of God's country.
JOHN

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Work for the city and you would see.. If you are a hard worker who doesnt sit around half the day shooting the bull and playing but doing your job that you were hired to do and paid to do then you WILL be let go..They won't have you working too hard or you may make the other lazy ass workers look bad...If you are lazy but like to have fun and joke around and suck up to your boss then you are a perfect Murray city employee...What a JOKE!!!
City worker

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I work for the city.... I am considered to be an exceptional worker. I know that the management at city hall is all for themselves. Mayor Rushing has passed away- and yes all the employees wish he was still there- he truly care about the city of Murray and the employees. If your not an employee, you don't have a clue!!!! You don't know how they treat us- the ones that brown nose and kiss the managements ass are the ones that get the raises, it's not the dedicated hard workers... Lanier is a joke.... He is a rude and is an ass to his employees... Mattingly- Lanier and Morris have turned the city upside down.... Not one employee in the city can say any of them have done any thing to help the city but they sure have helped themselves.... Everyone salary is public record, request it and see for yourself. Lanier has given himself over 5,000 raise in 2 years.... Request to look at the council tapes from when Tommy Rushing was still alive- he knew what they were up too, he wanted lanier gone.... Unfortunately he gotten sick before he could get rid of the bad apples. If your not an employee you do not have a clue how the employees are treated and it is not right. They will hire a unqualified stranger off the streets before they will promote from with in. If you can't see how they city is falling apart then you are blind. They say there is no money in the budget but they are rebuilding the clerk office.... Closing it off, building walls, making doors, there is nothing wrong with they way it is now... Just spending more money for no reason. Mayor Wells is a disgrace, he is a puppet on a string doing whatever Matt and Alan tell him to do. ThE only thing he cares about is recycling, make a difference day! That is it..... Just ask an employee how they feel about the city, you will see..... Request a copy of the raises and salary of the employees, you will see. Request to see the finance paperwork, not the budget that they provide cua that don't show everything.... Get a list of the checks that are written and see what they do..... Ask alan why he was caught stalking the old clerk- and how much they city is going to have to pay for his actions.... Just ask an employee about the city.... Everything with in the city government is public record..... See for yourself.
Attorney General

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

1)If you or your friend were considered to be an exceptional worker you wouldn't have gotten passed over on the job.

2)The main complaints are probably coming from people that have been in the wrong for years and now are being held accountable.

3)No one is going to like administration when they have to remove employees for immoral and unlawful acts.

4)Your public condemnation of administration's actions is proof that they need to continue to filter through employees actions and continue to hold them accountable.

5)Getting on Topix and slandering people shows the character of employees in which they are having to manage.

Some city employees actually like their jobs, but in every system and corporation the administration is usually the most disliked.
Do your job, enjoy your pay check and if you don't like it then find a new job.
Everywhere

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 10, 2013
 
It is not only the city, the county is just as bad or worse.Some of those people have major people skills problems!!!!
Oldman

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 10, 2013
 
If you are Howard Brandon or one of the Dens you will get anything you want done. I have seen the pipe running out of a cleanup shop on N 4th street that dumps waste into the creek next to it. I have also seen the old tires, trash, waste from a auto cleanup shop between 12th and 11th street dumping into the creek behind it. Nothing seems to get done about it no matter the complaints from other taxpayers.
Tired of the complaining

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Oldman wrote:
If you are Howard Brandon or one of the Dens you will get anything you want done. I have seen the pipe running out of a cleanup shop on N 4th street that dumps waste into the creek next to it. I have also seen the old tires, trash, waste from a auto cleanup shop between 12th and 11th street dumping into the creek behind it. Nothing seems to get done about it no matter the complaints from other taxpayers.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the original post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lynn Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lynn Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lynn Grove
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••