Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,709)

Showing posts 74,161 - 74,180 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Easy come, easy go. LOL
bird watcher

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

was hit by a jay bird!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Calling it a night. Going to be up at 4am for sure tomorrow.
old irish

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

According to new data released by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 19.7 million new venereal infections in the United States in 2008, bringing the total number of existing sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in the U.S. at that time to 110,197,000.

The 19.7 million new STIs in 2008 vastly outpaced the new jobs and college graduates created in the United States that year or any other year on record, according to government data. The competition was not close.

The STI study referenced by the CDC estimated that 50 percent of the new infections in 2008 occurred among people in the 15-to-24 age bracket. In fact, of the 19,738,800 total new STIs in the United States in 2008, 9,782,650 were among Americans in the 15-to-24 age bracket.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
Kentucky Legislature Passes Hemp Bill, Rand Paul Vows Support From D.C.
Mike Riggs|Mar. 27, 2013 10:49 am
Kentucky Senate joined the House in approving a hemp regulation bill last night. This morning, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) released a statement applauding the bill's passage and promising to continue to push for a federal waiver from the Controlled Substances Act for future Kentucky hemp growers:
“I commend the Kentucky General Assembly for final passage of Senate Bill 50. I want to thank Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture James Comer, Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Paul Hornback and the members of the Kentucky Industrial Hemp Commission for their leadership and hard work in passing this legislation,” Sen. Paul said.
“Senate Bill 50 is an important step forward in the reintroduction of industrial hemp in Kentucky. I have pledged, along with Rep. John Yarmuth, to seek a waiver when a regulatory framework is in place. I will follow through on that pledge and I hope that Kentucky will soon start growing hemp, creating jobs and leading the nation in this industry again.”
Earlier this month, libertarian activist Matt Hurtt wrote for Reason about Kentucky's push for industrial hemp legalization, and the support role Paul and Sen. Mitch McConnell are playing at the federal level.
http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/27/kentucky-le...
yay:) sad we almost had to go bankrupt first
Way back in, oh, 1996? 1997?, I worked part time in an extension office in KY. There were experimental crops of hemp at various farms in our county at that time. AG agent took great delight in bringing mature stalks(?) and leaves into the office and waving them in our faces. Lol.
Used to be large hemp farms up and down the ohio river many many years ago.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Thats only because morel mushrooms don't grow in the afghani desert ! lol
I LOVED those mushrooms !!! Then all at once one year I became allergic to them. Oh, id get soooo sick!!! Now I can't even fix them as even the smell makes me nauseous!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Way back in, oh, 1996? 1997?, I worked part time in an extension office in KY. There were experimental crops of hemp at various farms in our county at that time. AG agent took great delight in bringing mature stalks(?) and leaves into the office and waving them in our faces. Lol.
Used to be large hemp farms up and down the ohio river many many years ago.
My grandfather raised it prior to WW2 and sold it to the government to make ropes for ships. It still grows wild around here and the helicopters fly all around looking for amateur farmers. WW2 would probably have not been won without it. We knew all about hemp, but knew nothing about MJ until the Hippies went to Woodstock.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Sure do love these early mornings.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVED those mushrooms !!! Then all at once one year I became allergic to them. Oh, id get soooo sick!!! Now I can't even fix them as even the smell makes me nauseous!
That sounds about like me and and drinking bourbon. LOL On my 21st birthday. I bought a 1/2 pint of rot gut and chugged it all down just like one would do a Coca Cola. Back then, the "cure all" was chicken noodle soup so after 3 days of death, I went to the local Greasy Spoon and bought a bowl of the soup. When it came out with the grease floating on top, I was sick again. LOL

To this day, I do not drink bourbon or eat chicken noodle soup. Five years after that episode, someone brought in some chocolate candy to the office. I grabbed a piece and puked right then and there all over their desk. LOL It was "bourbon balls".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sure do love these early mornings.
Me too. I love to wake up and make a good hot cup of coffee and watch the CREATOR's new day come over the hill. It should be here soon.
So true

Big Clifty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Great morning, would love a big pot of chocolate gravy.. With some fresh biscuits.. Oh my fat tail don't need it anyway.. Better head out,,,u all have a great day.. Many hugs to each of you:)..
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders. What a beautiful day out. Birds are everywhere singing up a storm. Love it. 34 degrees going on 51 today. Come on Spring!!!

What's with all the gaps? Someone was posting as Nope? Wow, It has been awhile since we were invaded by trolls like that.

And where is Hempburn? Like betty, I wonder if he heard about the new bill? haha I hope him and little biscuit are doing alright. He must be busy getting that bike and smoker ready for the season. lol

Anne, I hope you find some shrooms, we have plenty around here. I love them.

For Ancient Wolf:

Howling Wolves Aren't Quite In Tune
http://msnvideo.msn.com/...

I hope everyone has a great day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

You know the game "Angry Birds?" This is the guy it’s named for.(he is soooo cute)

See 14 animals so cranky they make Grumpy Cat look cheerful

Tardar Sauce, the sour-faced feline better known as Grumpy Cat, is so grumpy that her bad mood has seemingly spread to every corner of the animal kingdom. Her infamous glare has infected other cats, dogs, fish, birds and all kinds of critters from land, sky and sea. By the time you've finished looking at these photos of bad-tempered animals, you'll probably have a scowl on your face, too.(You might want to look at some smiling animals to cheer yourself up.)

http://now.msn.com/grumpy-animals-photo-galle...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Dog travels 10 miles in cold to reunite with his love

Ben, a mixed German shepherd, ran away from his owners and traveled 10 miles to the Terre Haute (Ind.) Humane Society to reunite with Jade (in foreground). The two dogs were then both adopted by the couple who originally brought Ben home.
When Ben was separated from the love of his life, the mixed German shepherd showed there was no distance too far that would prevent him from reuniting with her.

Separated from the mother of his children after he was adopted from the Terre Haute (Ind.) Humane Society, Ben went on a 10-mile trek in the middle of winter to find his way back to Jade, a 1-year-old mixed German shepherd.

On Dec. 28, the 4 1/2-year-old, 70-pound dog ran away from owners Courtney and Jason Lawler and traveled across a wooded landscape in freezing temperatures to return to the Humane Society shelter, where Jade was still living.

After finding out about Ben's remarkable journey and seeing the strong bond between the two dogs, the Lawlers decided to bring Jade home as well.

“It was amazing,’’ Courtney Lawler told TODAY.com .“I was really shocked because we thought he was still in our area when he got away, and he walked 10 miles away from us. We knew that they had been caught together (by the Humane Society) and that they stayed together (before Ben was adopted), but we didn’t realize how strong of a bond they had.’’

Despite living as strays for most or all of their lives, Ben and Jade have bonded with the Lawlers' 3-year-old son, Peyton.

“We do have the occasional dog that will come back from not very far away, but 10 miles is a pretty good distance and that was some pretty rough territory that dog would have to go through,’’ Jacob Harrod, an adoption counselor at the Terre Haute Humane Society, told TODAY.com .“There’s never been anything like this that’s happened here before.’’

Ben had previously run away twice from the Humane Society shelter and returned, which may explain how he knew to find the place from the Lawlers' home, according to Harrod.

The bond between the dogs made the Lawlers realize that if they wanted to avoid Ben continually running away, they would have to adopt Jade. In the first week of January, they added her to their home, which also includes their 3-year-old son.
“We think that since (Ben) did this, he won’t be happy unless he has her and will keep looking for a way to get loose and come back to her,’’ Lawler said.“We thought,‘If this is going to keep happening, we can’t leave without her.' Everything’s been pretty good since we brought them both home.’’

The shelter took in the two dogs when they were strays last summer, after Jade became pregnant with six puppies, which eventually found homes through the shelter.

Even after Ben ran away from the Lawlers and returned to see Jade at the shelter, it took employees a lot of effort to catch him.

“It took them over a day to actually catch him because he was being smart,’’ Lawler said.“They had Jade in a penned-in area outside the building where dogs go to exercise, but he knew if he went in, they would close the gate, so he stayed outside the gate. They had to use a (tranquilizer) dart gun as a last resort and still ended up having to track him on foot for hours before he got groggy enough to slow down.’’

A few days later, the Lawlers returned and decided to adopt Jade as well, bringing home both dogs. Though the canine duo was initially very skittish around humans, taking four months before they allowed anyone to pet them at the shelter, they are definitely warming up to their new owners.

“They’ve been pretty confident around our son," Lawler said. "He’s been doing very well around them after we taught him at first to know when to back off. We give them attention and give them time to let them know they can roam around the house, and hopefully they will continue to open up.’’

http://www.today.com/pets/dog-travels-10-mile...

Too sweet
Merlin the Wizard

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Welcome to the end of time, my friend's.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

It's shameful when somebody deliberately posts as someone else. I thought it was kind of funny that Nope and I were probably taking out the trash and fixing coffee at the the same time yesterday afternoon.Lol. Didn't get to take my one mile walk yesterday. I have been getting two miles in during the weekend. Better than none I reckon. Hopefully, between the walking and eating more veggies, I'll lose that 30 lbs.Hehe.
The sun is shining brightly; the birds are singing. It's a nice afternoon. Am looking forward to a lovely evening. Glad the Bill passed. Maybe, that will help the job growth here in Ky. Having an income is better than not:) My phone cord disappeared in the middle of the night. I haven't found it, never moved it in the first place. Fortunately, my ear piece/ blue tooth cord fits it. A gremlin took it perhaps. Hehe. Odd nonetheless. You kind Folks have a good day. Oh, I noticed that during the winter I have burning and tingling in my fingers. I don't usually eat as much citrus foods. Well, this year I began taking Ester C 500 mg. a day. My joint,finger pain has been eliminated. I do forget to take it sometimes.Lol. Good day;)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

G'morning all! What a beautiful day the Lord has made!! Still "a bit too nippy for this old hippie", but at this point I'll take all the sunshine I can get. It simply means that instead of sitting out on the front porch for some warmth on my bones, I'll be sitting on the couch near the big window while the sun shines through on my back. Awwww, the nice warmth of real sunshine..

Anne: Honey, are you sure that you didn't get poisoned? You know that fake Morels are SO close in appearance that they are mistaken for the real McCoy often? They usually don't kill you, but they can and sometimes will make you extremely sick. I'm sorry, in any case. Morels are so yummy in my opinion. And yes, this time last year they WERE already being found. What a long winter it's been and I'm way over it right now.

AB, that's incredibly suspicious about all of these sink holes starting to show up everywhere all at once. The one I have on my property is still getting wider, but it seems to have slowed if I'm correct. That thing scares me, no doubt about it. But luckily in my case it's pretty far back. However, who knows what the parameters of it are underground... An invisible and quite scary threat.. Yikes.

Misty, I've learned to ignore the slams from our resident "you know who". I missed what was placed, if something was. And I can only assume it was my personal and ill mannered little troll. I've tried to be nice, but gave up. It's a waste of my time and energy. There are gaps on here again and that's something we've not seen in this thread for quite a while. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned. Whatever was posted is and was nothing but wasted typing time for whomever posted it, quite obviously.

I'll get off of here for now. I still have things to do before I can relax for the rest of the day. And relaxing is what's on my mind first and foremost. I feel like I may bet catching a chest cold. My bronchial tubes are 'burning' a bit and I've developed a cough. First time I've had anything such as that grab me in forever. I dread it if it's indeed a chest cold coming on. Due to my health scare last December, I'm not able to take some of the usual run of the mill prescription medications any longer. Bleh, the perils of old age and not taking my health more seriously when I was younger.

You all have a great one! Try to enjoy some of this wonderful sunlight if you've got the chance!!
reheaded wood pecker

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

So true wrote:
Great morning, would love a big pot of chocolate gravy.. With some fresh biscuits.. Oh my fat tail don't need it anyway.. Better head out,,,u all have a great day.. Many hugs to each of you:)..
love this thread but never posted before but i just gotta ask how to make that chocolate gravy
mockingbird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Birds are singing not for gold or fame.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Good day to all my feathered friends! Just thought I'd drop in and say HIGH and BY ! Going to Louisville for the weekend to spend some time with my son and his wife. HEY, I'm finally going to be grandpa! Might try my Luck at the river boat while I'm there. Not much of a gambler but who knows,I might get lucky. Hope all of you that are having Alements get to feeling better.'Nope' I hope my corny eyeball jokes don't offend you. Don't know why I like to pick on YOU, I guess it just worked out that way. haha. Birds of a feather flock together !@ Misty, Hope all that walking does you some good. sounds like it takes alot of time. Flying would be faster ! heeha ! Ya'll have a good weekend...HEY ! I'm going to smoke some cigars and play some blackjack....JACK!....Later!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,161 - 74,180 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynn Grove Discussions

Search the Lynn Grove Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 8 min Donnie B Can Not 922
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min conservative crapola 138,812
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 20 min BIG_STEVIE 418
Donnie Tipton 29 min jus sayin 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 33 min Whitehair Is A Doofus 16,033
Spring tells us, proves to us... 34 min YeahitsreallyMe 4
Flash of News (Aug '13) 46 min Carolyn 2,201
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE