Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,241 - 72,260 of 81,595 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
so true

Elizabethtown, KY

#85828 Feb 13, 2013
No More Smalling Up Of Me
Jean Wilson

No more meekly saying 'yes'
When my heart is screaming 'no'
No more taming of my feelings
So my power won't show
No more hiding my exuberance
From disapproving eyes
No more watering down myself
So my spirit won't rise

No more 'smalling up' of me
Pretending I am not here
No more running from the music
And the spotlight's glare
No more living in this prison
Barricaded by my fears
No more turning and retreating
In the face of new frontiers

Even as I am speaking
I am taking shape and form
Harnessing my powers
Like a gathering storm
There's no obstacle so bold
As to dare stand in my way
I am taking back my life
And I am doing it today.

Blueminer

United States

#85829 Feb 13, 2013
Good mornin to Everyone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85830 Feb 13, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi Bird peeps. Glad to see everyone tonight. I've been laying low today, not feeling well again.
Two days ago heart palpations started back up again with a vengeance and I just generally feel like crap. Getting dizzy spells again, periods of being lightheaded, and shortness of breath too. It comes and goes. I have no idea what's going on, but I have a feeling that I probably have another artery that's severely blocked again. It's too soon though, since not long ago I had an angioplasty with stent placements.
So those of you who believe in prayer, could you send some my way? It's too early for me to start having symptoms like this already after my last procedure and I'm getting worried. On top of these symptoms, it causes me to have severe panic attacks because I don't know yet what's going on.. Anyone who's ever had a heart attack is well aware that you don't generally know one is coming until it stomps your butt...
Thanks guys. I'd appreciate all the prayers you all can muster up. There is power in numbers!! And I believe in the power of prayer!!
Love ya'll,
_-_Nope_-_
Perhaps, you could get back to the doctor. Try not stress out thought. Unless your Peeps do that. You will be in my thoughts and I send you my Blessing of recovering soon and more life filled with happiness. An apple and laughter might just make that ticker feel better. May love surround you and your health improve soon:) Sure do miss you ...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85831 Feb 13, 2013
Wow, it's been a long one. No birds out today. Had a rain snow mix this morning for a while. Crazy.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85832 Feb 13, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For the BIRDS:
Viking Wilderness: Owl Snipes a Vole
The great gray owl spots his prey and snatches him up!
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/owl-sn...
Raptor Resource Project
‎~ 02/12/13: Mom & Dad Surprise Us With A Visit ~
Mom and Dad make a brief appearance on camera today and tidy up the original nest a bit about 1:43pm CST.(They did not bring any nesting materials or sticks in on this visit.) About 8 minutes later, vocals were heard in an apparent off camera mating. Our thanks to video maker 989razzle who has combined both the nest visit and off cam vocals in this link.
We are still unsure of which nest our Mom & Dad intend to use, but as we are approaching egg laying time pretty soon, we will just keep watching and waiting. We will let you know as soon as they have determined which nest they will use for 2013.
Decorah Eagles Surprise Visit & Mating Vocalizations 2-12-13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Sz2RXgmYXGMXX
I love watching these Eagles and their young. Can't wait to see which one they decide to use. If you love bird watching, watching these Eagles.
Magnificent creatures. Partner saw a bald eagle while driving through Montana last week. I enjoy hearing the different sound of birds.
why

Albemarle, NC

#85833 Feb 13, 2013
why is the post still going?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85834 Feb 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
20's thru depression era are very interesting; however, the post WW II era is one of my favorites. The dynamics of that war forever changed the family structure, the role women played in the work forces and redefined the American way of life.
I find it interesting myself that there have been matriarchal societies. I do believe from what I have learned about the Cherokee women, they played a role in bartering their goods. If I remember correctly the Celts had female warriors. Women have always played an important role in society; it's often that many dogmas tell men their women have a place. That is so wrong on many levels. My uniqueness is thus: I can do anything a man does if I want to if I have the fortitude. I agree,that era is extremely interesting.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85835 Feb 13, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Pup is being a pup,, seems he forgot he is fully house broken today and left a butt biscuit in the house. I think he's more mexican than russell, little immigrant.
Well, sometimes mother nature calls and there is no time to get to the door. Pups don't have full bowel/bladder control until about 3 months.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85836 Feb 13, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Wow, it's been a long one. No birds out today. Had a rain snow mix this morning for a while. Crazy.
My goodness, the birds are carrying on here. Looks like sparrows. Chirp, chirp LOL.

Location hidden

#85838 Feb 13, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Thanks AB. I'm feeling the exact same way I was before my last cardio crash. And like I said, this is too soon. I just had a procedure done not long ago. So something isn't right.
Thanks for the prayers. I can't pass away yet. All I ask of the Lord is for me to outlive my critter babies. And that's not really a far fetched request. They're all getting pretty old now.
The medical tests and whatnot just take SO long to get the results back from. I know that these panic attacks have GOT to stop. They're not healthy either. Stress is a huge no-no...
I've done everything I can do. Diet changes, no sodium, aspirin, plenty of water, meds taken on the HOUR they are due, etc. Problem is? This is another hereditary family trait. One of three, with cancer being the only one I've been spared from so far. My diet was healthy even before this. So the diabetes and heart condition just came because they're the cards I was dealt.
Thanks again for the prayers!
I am so, so sorry that you are not well. I know exactly what you're feeling. I've been there before, and will likely revisit again. The only thing I can tell you is that you have to have faith that the Lord will answer your prayers. Your fear is understandable. Don't hesitate to call the doctor and arrange for appropriate tests. Sometimes stents malfunction and do not keep the artery open. You need to find out if that is the case. If something is wrong, the surgeon will likely be able to correct it. Don't wait until you are too ill and become a surgical high-risk patient. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.
Stantheman

Duluth, GA

#85839 Feb 13, 2013
country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
Where?

Location hidden

#85840 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope.. I am enjoying waking up and being able to see without the dilated pupils. Although miracles can and do happen, I won't try to out think GOD and pray for your healing. That may or may not be GOD's plan for us.
But I will pray that you can find PEACE and COMFORT in knowing that with or without a miracle healing, you can be stress free. I was asked today by the Doctor if I wanted to schedule a colon exam? or a prostrate exam? I said "NoPE" to both.
If I were 20 years younger then maybe I would, but at my age I am not likely to live another 20 years anyways so why spend all that time in the hospital? or a nursing home? or needing someone to watch over me? Thanks, but no Thanks. When it is my time, I will just wave "bye bye" and say "Thanks, for the ride".
You are so correct, AW. I always pray that God's Will be done. Sometimes, he gives us a reprieve when He feels that we have more work to do. But eventually, He will call us home. I pray for inner peace and for the knowledge of the correct path to choose in life. Prayer, especially in numbers, is a strong force. Several of my doctor's expressed great surprise at my survival. My family physician calls my health "a deck of cards" ready to fall at any moment. I have told each of my physicians that there is no secret to my survival. I continue to live through Divine Intervention, and that the Good Lord must have a reason for allowing me to remain on this plane of existence. When my job is done, whatever that may be, I will go Home for eternity. I no longer fear death.(Death and I have been on first-name basis for quite some time now.) I am convinced that my energy, or Soul if you wish, will continue on in some form. Our lives on earth are just a rest stop along the journey Home. Like a traveler, I will enjoy the scenery here until it is time to move on. Right now, I do not have the physical stamina to engage in some of my favorite social activities. But I have found friendship in the oddest places, one of which is on my computer keyboard. My "fellow birders" have given me their friendship, hope, and good will, and although they are "virtual" friends, they are every bit as real to me as friends that I have made throughout my lifetime. I give thanks to have the opportunity to visit with them daily, all from the comfort of my bedroom.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85841 Feb 13, 2013
Good afternoon bird threaders. Happy to see you all with warm wishes and concerns for one of our posters. Makes for a better thread compared to what we use to have. I still see that one locationless posters still has a beef with AW. hmmmm who could that be? They should know AW don't care.

I am impressed with the una sites up and the change in attitude since their favorite poster has passed on. Great reading huh, Blue. I think the same unhappy poster here has made some comments on that thread as well.

Well the big white flakes are slowing down. All over the cars, road is wet and what is on the grass is starting to disappear as the temps rise. Ahhh, that is the only way I like that white stuff these days.

I hope everyone has a warm and cozy day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85842 Feb 13, 2013
I just think that if a person is young enough and suspects disease or things that might terminate this plane of existance, they should take all the precautions they can to enjoy living a little longer.

But I am well past that and GOD has blessed me with a reasonably good life and I have already survived a heart attack and a carotid artery surgery where the surgeon harvested a piece of vein out of my leg to make a splice. I did not take the precautions that I should have and I don't see much need to take the precautions now that the trail is getting close to the last bend in the road.

I am not going to stand in front of a train or try my luck at sky diving, but I am not going to worry about the time when the Creator thinks my work is done here. I just hope my work is satisfactory to the only JUDGE that counts.
viper

AOL

#85843 Feb 13, 2013
wolfman is very wise

the quality of ones live is more important
than the quantity of ones final days ,....

to die a self sufficient man ,...
on your own terms ,
in your own home
is far better
than dying in a nursing home, hospice
or cold and sterile hospital room ,

while suffering the indignation of
IV lines ,
bed pans
and automatic breathing aspirators ,

lying there , bored out of your mind
thinking of the others who have passed before you

painfully waiting for the end

unhidden
from the nonchalant stares
of uncaring and malevolent strangers ,
Really

United States

#85844 Feb 13, 2013
Precautions should always be taken no matter what. God gave us nursing homes, hospitals, etc... Is for our well being and is for the individual to answer for themself. Not what you want for them.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85845 Feb 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My goodness, the birds are carrying on here. Looks like sparrows. Chirp, chirp LOL.
Nothing here. The birds must be hiding.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85846 Feb 13, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing here. The birds must be hiding.
I think the chill in the air and the rain coming has caused the ones outside to fly away.Couple in Conn. married for 80 years! Talk about a lifetime:) On a sad note, SARS like symptoms have been linked to around 11 deaths in the UK.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85847 Feb 13, 2013
just got home. roads are wet but that's all here. got a heart shaped cheese pizza for the munchkins and a spinach Alfredo for me :) put wet wash from this morning in the dryer..... jury's still out on whether its already turned or not.... i have been able to smell since Sunday night. fixing to prop my feet up and cue the past three episodes of general hospital and not flipping do a thing for many hours.

hows everyone else doing?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85848 Feb 13, 2013
Hey everyone, just checking in. Going to go lay down for a while. Hope everyone is having a great day, even if it is cloudy out there.
Every day is a good day when you're breathing!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min no 1,376
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min Dale 151,168
Gary Rowland 1 hr nevergonnachange 10
Stupid Cigarette Smokers (Jun '13) 1 hr missnoname123 163
wreck at 4th and chestnut 1 hr Hey 4
funny fake names (Jan '11) 2 hr Leta- Lee-ta 69
Wealth imbalace vs. growth 2 hr Anonymous Keyboar... 52
•••
•••
Lynn Grove Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lynn Grove Jobs