Bob

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

If they had all the proof in the world that an American was a terrorist, you still wouldn't believe it, you're just beyond hope. It is rare that I agree with what Ms Tapper says but she said something I do agree with. Don't blame Bush nor Obama, put the blame where it belongs, blame it on the terrorist that hide among women and children like the cowards they are.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Bob wrote:
If they had all the proof in the world that an American was a terrorist, you still wouldn't believe it, you're just beyond hope. It is rare that I agree with what Ms Tapper says but she said something I do agree with. Don't blame Bush nor Obama, put the blame where it belongs, blame it on the terrorist that hide among women and children like the cowards they are.
Actually, you are quite wrong. I think a terrorist like Timothy McVeigh got what he deserved. Thing is, what he deserved was determined by due process of law that is guaranteed to ALL of us by the 5th amendment to the Constitution.

Unlike some here, I find the Constitution to be sacred. All parts of it must be obeyed. If we do not like one part, the founders gave us a way to change it, with the use of amendments. But, otherwise, it is the law of the land and is what protects us from tyranny of dictators and is supposed to keep as much liberty as possible in our own hands.

If you think it is ok to toss aside one right because you agree with it, then how can you get upset if someone else throws away a right you agree with?

How can you be ok with the execution of accused terrorists that are US Citizens yet not be ok with gun control, censorship, etc? If you think the government has the right to murder its citizens, then it most certainly has the right to tax us, tell us what to eat, etc as it sees fit.

One cannot get just a little bit pregnant. Once we accept the theft of one right, we have no reason to complain when the government ceases another right.

We have given trials to the lowest scum of the earth, and they weren't even citizens in some cases.

Being a US Citizen carries some great guarantees, and one of those is being able to tell the government that it cannot kill me or imprison me until it proves I deserve it. What is so bad about the government being forced to prove it as they did with McVeigh?

Throw away the right to a trial by jury, throw away very other right that you THINK you have, because you just rendered the words of the bill of Rights irrelevant. Am I the only one that sees this?

Yes, I hate terrorists. But they are attacking our way of life, and a huge part of that way of life is the wonderful liberties guaranteed to all citizens by our Founding documents.

But keep in mind, get rid of one right, you lose them all. Otherwise you are a hypocrite of the same mold you accuse others. Otherwise those we disagree with can shove their beliefs down our throats and we have no way to stop them.

I want terrorists executed too, but I believe that a US citizen is guaranteed rights until they lose them by due process of law. Sorry for wanting to follow such a noble document.

Your brown shirt is ready
Fred

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are quite wrong. I think a terrorist like Timothy McVeigh got what he deserved. Thing is, what he deserved was determined by due process of law that is guaranteed to ALL of us by the 5th amendment to the Constitution.
Unlike some here, I find the Constitution to be sacred. All parts of it must be obeyed. If we do not like one part, the founders gave us a way to change it, with the use of amendments. But, otherwise, it is the law of the land and is what protects us from tyranny of dictators and is supposed to keep as much liberty as possible in our own hands.
If you think it is ok to toss aside one right because you agree with it, then how can you get upset if someone else throws away a right you agree with?
How can you be ok with the execution of accused terrorists that are US Citizens yet not be ok with gun control, censorship, etc? If you think the government has the right to murder its citizens, then it most certainly has the right to tax us, tell us what to eat, etc as it sees fit.
One cannot get just a little bit pregnant. Once we accept the theft of one right, we have no reason to complain when the government ceases another right.
We have given trials to the lowest scum of the earth, and they weren't even citizens in some cases.
Being a US Citizen carries some great guarantees, and one of those is being able to tell the government that it cannot kill me or imprison me until it proves I deserve it. What is so bad about the government being forced to prove it as they did with McVeigh?
Throw away the right to a trial by jury, throw away very other right that you THINK you have, because you just rendered the words of the bill of Rights irrelevant. Am I the only one that sees this?
Yes, I hate terrorists. But they are attacking our way of life, and a huge part of that way of life is the wonderful liberties guaranteed to all citizens by our Founding documents.
But keep in mind, get rid of one right, you lose them all. Otherwise you are a hypocrite of the same mold you accuse others. Otherwise those we disagree with can shove their beliefs down our throats and we have no way to stop them.
I want terrorists executed too, but I believe that a US citizen is guaranteed rights until they lose them by due process of law. Sorry for wanting to follow such a noble document.
Your brown shirt is ready
And how long did the process with McVeigh take? If somebody is planning an attack you have to move faster.
Bob

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Here's what you seem to not understand, these drones aren't killing anybody here in the states. When you leave the states, you leave the US constitution behind, our constitution doesn't apply anywhere else in the world. This guy from CA that become a terrorist deserved to die. Like it or not that happened and I doubt you sitting behind the keyboard isn't going to change that. Ron Paul, probably your favorite has tried several times to be president and never gained any steam. He lives in the 1700's and it seems as though you do also.
Fred

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Our economy needs a jump start and terrorism needs to be destroyed. WWII was the spark that got the global economic engine going again and ended the great depression. We should put the resources into fighting terrorism that we put into fighting The Axis Powers and we can rebuild our economy and rid the world of the biggest threat to freedom in our world today. Why are we not doing this?
Bob

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

You also state that you want all terrorist executed. Do you know anything about a jury trial. They very often go the wrong way and killers go free. To me, it was very obvious that OJ and Casey Anthony both, among others walked away a free person. These are just two cases. Also you probably think when they capture somebody, terrorist, on the battlefield that they are protected under the constitution, why, they aren't American citizens. I also doubt if you know as much about the constitution as you think. Obama is suppose to know a lot about it, Harvard and all, many people sit on the SC and they don't even know it all so I doubt if you do.
Pedro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Bob wrote:
You also state that you want all terrorist executed. Do you know anything about a jury trial. They very often go the wrong way and killers go free. To me, it was very obvious that OJ and Casey Anthony both, among others walked away a free person. These are just two cases. Also you probably think when they capture somebody, terrorist, on the battlefield that they are protected under the constitution, why, they aren't American citizens. I also doubt if you know as much about the constitution as you think. Obama is suppose to know a lot about it, Harvard and all, many people sit on the SC and they don't even know it all so I doubt if you do.
And on the flip side evidence comes to light that shows people are innocent after their execution.
redwhiteandblu

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Bob wrote:
Here's what you seem to not understand, these drones aren't killing anybody here in the states. When you leave the states, you leave the US constitution behind, our constitution doesn't apply anywhere else in the world. This guy from CA that become a terrorist deserved to die. Like it or not that happened and I doubt you sitting behind the keyboard isn't going to change that. Ron Paul, probably your favorite has tried several times to be president and never gained any steam. He lives in the 1700's and it seems as though you do also.
I think you live in the 1700's if you don't think that given an inch our government will take a mile. won't be long until we all look like terrorists, if we don't go along with everything obama.
Bob

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Very few are found innocent in this day and time with DNA available. You probably say that's what found them innocent, well put the shoe on the other foot, it can also put them away. I believe in capitol punishment when there's no doubt. And I have no doubt with OJ and Casey. Of course a stupid glove is not going to fit over another glove if the glove is to fit your hand, get real.
Old old vet

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Back in my day, deserters were shot, no if's and's or but's. If you weren't loyal to your fellow American soldier, who was your brother, you were considered a traitor to your country. Now, is that the same this day and age or not? Regardless of where you're located. From the things I have seen and done, I am saddened by those who are in control of my country, who have never sacrificed anything, other than the way they vote. Blood is soon to be on your hands as well. It has an iron smell, and the stench of burned decaying flesh will forever be ingrained into your olfactory system that you will never forget. Talk is cheap, sacrifice is true patriotism.
Bob

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Talk is cheap because you would have to be pretty old to have been around at the time a deserter was shot on sight, probably over 100 years old and most people that old can't even see the keys on a keyboard. I'm not saying that's not the way it should be but it's not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynn Grove Discussions

Search the Lynn Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Jill 146,226
disaster after disaster 25 min Retired English Teacher 38
Places to keep a horse (Aug '12) 39 min peter long prong 10
Flash of News (Aug '13) 56 min My sister 3,297
murray state should be ashamed of themselves! 1 hr welp 61
Z's Grill 1 hr hemp 5
Goodfellaz ink 2 hr Yankee 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lynn Grove Jobs

•••