First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Oldman

South Fulton, TN

#1 Jan 10, 2013
77% of middle class workers that got thier paychecks found they were paying more federal taxes despite what they were told by our lustrous leader. Various news medias report the increase to be 1600 to 2000 dollars for folks making 45,000 dollars this is on top of the medicare increase and S.S. Obama lied (again)
Well

Farmington, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2013
We have to pay for lifetime protection for George W., Obama and future presidents somehow.
Morons

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Everyone that has any sense knew the payroll tax would expire. It would have been worse!
Noncore

Murray, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
These increases where in place well before Obama even took office. They never should have been giving in the 1st place. We cannot keep cutting taxes. About time we really raise them. On everyone. If you cannot live on what you make get a new job or spend less.
James

Murray, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Shocking, just shocking, I tell you.

We don't need to raise taxes, we need to cut spending about 70%. Our government squanders billion of dollars a year so people who don't want to work can sit on their asses.
Blackjack

South Fulton, TN

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Noncore wrote:
These increases where in place well before Obama even took office. They never should have been giving in the 1st place. We cannot keep cutting taxes. About time we really raise them. On everyone. If you cannot live on what you make get a new job or spend less.
You must be a goverment dependant or a complete idiot. What working person wants to pay more taxes to a gov. that can't control it's spending and keeps wanting more and more from us.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 11, 2013
Bush put them into effect it was up to Obummer to extend them and he didn't.I hope no one is surprised he needs the money for his anti-gun crusade!
Noncore

Murray, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2013
James wrote:
Shocking, just shocking, I tell you.
We don't need to raise taxes, we need to cut spending about 70%. Our government squanders billion of dollars a year so people who don't want to work can sit on their asses.
You have no idea how the government works.
I bet you're one of those people counting on SS.
Noncore

Murray, KY

#9 Jan 11, 2013
taurus pt809 wrote:
Bush put them into effect it was up to Obummer to extend them and he didn't.I hope no one is surprised he needs the money for his anti-gun crusade!
Those tax cuts NEVER should have been given.
Never.
Noncore

Murray, KY

#10 Jan 11, 2013
We need to raise taxes. 20% tax on all stock income over 200,000$ a year.
A Federal sales tax of 10% on all luxury good. That is on top of state sales taxes.
No more child tax credits. No more income tax refunds at all.
Churches loose tax exempt status. They pay just like everything else. Businesses are no longer able to take Deduction for anything but creating full time jobs that last more than a year and pay at least 1.7x Fed Min Wage.
That right there will bring in over 1.6 Trillion$ surplus each year.

Tax refunds are the only real entitlement program in the U.S.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Noncore wrote:
We need to raise taxes. 20% tax on all stock income over 200,000$ a year.
A Federal sales tax of 10% on all luxury good. That is on top of state sales taxes.
No more child tax credits. No more income tax refunds at all.
Churches loose tax exempt status. They pay just like everything else. Businesses are no longer able to take Deduction for anything but creating full time jobs that last more than a year and pay at least 1.7x Fed Min Wage.
That right there will bring in over 1.6 Trillion$ surplus each year.
Tax refunds are the only real entitlement program in the U.S.
But that does nothing about that guy down the street that "could work but doesn't", and "is too lazy to work and just wants to get a handout from the government", which if you didn't know, is apparently the only reason why we have any Federal deficit to worry about.

Plus, a tax refund is not an entitlement. It is an interest free loan of money in excess of money owed that most taxpayers gladly and willfully make Uncle Sam. To end them would amount to confiscation and would amount to an unlawful taking of a citizen's property. Bad idea.
Independent

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jan 11, 2013
It is hilarious how one poster goes through and "judges" every post they agree with (Faux news- type posts) with good icons and bad icons for everything else. It's part of a very insecure outlook on the world.
Independent

White Plains, KY

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Independent wrote:
It is hilarious how one poster goes through and "judges" every post they agree with (Faux news- type posts) with good icons and bad icons for everything else. It's part of a very insecure outlook on the world.
See? I wonder what's nuts about pointing out an obvious fact that is staring you in the face while you look at this page?
Go straw dog go

Murray, KY

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Obama is not a leader, nor will he ever be. He is an untruthful salesman, so therefore continual lying is the only thing he can do with certainty. It's also certain that his followers on here will take up for the liar no matter what. Oh you know who you are, you usually always show up in tandem. Sad,stupid intellectuals, makes no sense does it?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 12, 2013
The greatest inequality in the tax code is that ONLY earned income up to $109,000 is subject to the FICA-S tax. A working class man making $50,000 will pay roughly 3250 in taxes, or about 6.5%.

A man making $250,000 will only pay tax on his aerned income up to $109,000, or about $7085. Which works out to only 2.8%.

A wealthier man with earned income of $250,000, but another $250000 in investment income will still pay $7085, or about 1.4% of total income.

I am not saying the rich should pay a higher tax rate, but i think its only right that the middle class not bear the majority of the burden of the SS program.

tax all income the same rate for FICA, a flat rate, period. As it stands this tax is regressive.
Independent

White Plains, KY

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Obama is a corporate stooge, but he's still a big improvement over W. The public is incapable of electing anyone better.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#19 Jan 14, 2013
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
The greatest inequality in the tax code is that ONLY earned income up to $109,000 is subject to the FICA-S tax. A working class man making $50,000 will pay roughly 3250 in taxes, or about 6.5%.
A man making $250,000 will only pay tax on his aerned income up to $109,000, or about $7085. Which works out to only 2.8%.
A wealthier man with earned income of $250,000, but another $250000 in investment income will still pay $7085, or about 1.4% of total income.
I am not saying the rich should pay a higher tax rate, but i think its only right that the middle class not bear the majority of the burden of the SS program.
tax all income the same rate for FICA, a flat rate, period. As it stands this tax is regressive.
Hardly, it is actually progressive in that people are paying in proportion to the benefits received. The flaw in your logic is that the benefits received are not open ended. The maximum amount that you can draw in 2013 is 2,533 per month. This is assuming that you paid the full $7085 a year. That "working class man making $50,000" will not be drawing 2,533 a month, but a lesser check based upon the amount of their contributions.

Unless you allow for bigger SS checks for those earning more than 109,000, it is totally unfair to continue to tax them on further income if it they do not receive an increased benefit from it.
LOL

Bristol, TN

#20 Jan 14, 2013
Independent wrote:
Obama is a corporate stooge, but he's still a big improvement over W. The public is incapable of electing anyone better.
I wouldn't use the word "big" as an adjective. He's marginally an improvement, if he is at all.
Independent

White Plains, KY

#21 Jan 14, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't use the word "big" as an adjective. He's marginally an improvement, if he is at all.
Sorry. Obama is poor compared to what the country needs, but W was an unmitigated disaster, one that will take decades to recover from.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#22 Jan 14, 2013
Dare I say Hypocrisy???

Obama 2006

" The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Obama today:

“The issue here is whether or not America pays its bills,”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women chasing married men 16 min Heckler 6
Devry 35 min Chicken 3
calloway football coach 44 min Laker1985 14
Trump Shutdown 1 hr nutty 16
Make ya think Sheila 1 hr nutty 24
Trump Paying for Love 1 hr ohyeah 6
jessena henson 2 hr dunno 1

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance