Paul

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Do you permit her to be smarter than you? And if she is, do you let her talk about it? I guess by clinging to primitive mythology you get to feel superior to half of the human race. I can't tell you how pitiful that is.
stan

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

A woman is to be seen not heard
Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
IDK

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

2Independent wrote:
Do you permit her to be smarter than you? And if she is, do you let her talk about it? I guess by clinging to primitive mythology you get to feel superior to half of the human race. I can't tell you how pitiful that is.
Hey , it's the Obama lover again ! You have an option on everything .......... Blah blah blah !
Readallofit

Water Valley, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Paul wrote:
"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
25Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her
26to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, 27so that he may present the church to himself as glorious - not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In the same way husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29For no one has ever hated his own body but he feeds it and takes care of it, just as Christ also does the church, 30for we are members of his body.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

IDK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , it's the Obama lover again ! You have an option on everything .......... Blah blah blah !
Hey, it's 2Independent's stalker again! I assume you are also a woman hater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Readallofit wrote:
<quoted text>25Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her
26to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, 27so that he may present the church to himself as glorious - not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In the same way husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29For no one has ever hated his own body but he feeds it and takes care of it, just as Christ also does the church, 30for we are members of his body.
The population is slowly throwing off the giant wet blanket that passes for biblical moral code. Personally, I am against killing rivals to steal their property and wives. I am against killing my child to prove my love for an invisible cloud being. I am against treating women as second class citizens. Then again, I'm not superstitious and believe in doing things that work for the good of humanity.
Readallofit

Water Valley, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

You're free to believe whatever you wish; as am I. Abraham did not kill his son, it wasn't about that. It was all about having faith. I was referring that to the guy that said women are to be subordinate to their husbands. He needs to read the rest of the verses. Frankly, I'm not married. I support and take care of myself and am not subordinate to anybody. I like it that way!

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Readallofit wrote:
You're free to believe whatever you wish; as am I. Abraham did not kill his son, it wasn't about that. It was all about having faith. I was referring that to the guy that said women are to be subordinate to their husbands. He needs to read the rest of the verses. Frankly, I'm not married. I support and take care of myself and am not subordinate to anybody. I like it that way!
Exactly right. I believe the original poster was not a Christian zealot but one who enjoys stirring the proverbial pot. Imagine that..on topix! Shocked!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Readallofit wrote:
I think the story says that Abraham was in the process of sacrificing his son when "God" stopped him. Of course it's just primitive mythology, so it's irrelevant. If you are female, do yourself a favor and do not get married to anyone who thinks women should be play second fiddle.
sherry

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Paul wrote:
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
Why dont you make us shut up little kid.Sorry i forgot you are still a kid and never will be a man lol.
You need help

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

stan wrote:
A woman is to be seen not heard
Go craw back into the hole you crawaled out of.Very sick kid.

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I do find it interesting that many on the left will pile on a misrepresentation of the Bible and call you a racist, tea bagger, Islamaphobe, or intolerant when you criticize Islam's archaic and cruel beliefs concerning women.

Or, on the secular side, a rap song that regularly refers to women as b*****s is just an "artists" expressing themselves. That's ok. Hypocrites.
Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Proverbs 27:15-16
A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Booker Tee wrote:
I do find it interesting that many on the left will pile on a misrepresentation of the Bible and call you a racist, tea bagger, Islamaphobe, or intolerant when you criticize Islam's archaic and cruel beliefs concerning women.
Or, on the secular side, a rap song that regularly refers to women as b*****s is just an "artists" expressing themselves. That's ok. Hypocrites.
Not being a member of the left, I can say that I don't think either of those things are OK. Islam is just another destructive superstition that should go on the junk pile with the bible. And low class crap that people call rap should go on the same pile. As for the left, I think they would argue that it's not against the law to be stupid. On that, I agree. That doesn't stop billions of people from suffering from it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Paul wrote:
Proverbs 27:15-16
A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day. Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind or trying to hold something with greased hands.
Gee, I bet Paul doesn't have a woman.
Ed

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>Not being a member of the left, I can say that I don't think either of those things are OK. Islam is just another destructive superstition that should go on the junk pile with the bible. And low class crap that people call rap should go on the same pile. As for the left, I think they would argue that it's not against the law to be stupid. On that, I agree. That doesn't stop billions of people from suffering from it.
Not a member of the left? You defend liberal ideas and liberal politicians.
Paul

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Women are inferior to men: "A man is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man." (1 Cor. 11:7)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a member of the left? You defend liberal ideas and liberal politicians.
Yeah? I'm no fan of Obama? Who ya got in mind? I support progressive taxation. That is not a liberal idea, no more than disassembling government is a conservative idea. So what liberal ideas do I support?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynn Grove Discussions

Search the Lynn Grove Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min republiCONS 138,298
Pathetic Coach Trice (Jan '11) 1 hr Change 28
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne52 81,182
Cynthia 1 hr Brenda 1
Cutie at walmart 2 hr YeahitsreallyMe 17
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr sad 917
CAJones Management (Jun '12) 2 hr utopia 1,169
•••

Freeze Warning for Calloway County was issued at April 15 at 2:26PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••