really

Murray, KY

#64 May 7, 2013
A lot of people need to just grow up give them time to make it better. Anyone with a business knows it takes time and money. Instead of complaining offer comments on how to dress it up nicely or stf up.
I wonder

Murray, KY

#65 May 7, 2013
don't you have to get a permit to build anything in murray? please say they need one. they need one bad. support your local police.
munchkins

Murray, KY

#66 May 8, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
What in the world is The Breakaway Lounge located on Sycamore? It is really an eyesore for Murray Ky. As if it didnt look cheesy enough they took a bunch of cheap lattice and throw away pallets and built some kind of seating place out in the parking lot. Come on people. Surely theres some kind of city ordinance that states you cant just take a bunch of junk and construck any old thing in our city. I never see any cars there so surely it will go bankrupt and go out of business soon?
This town is pretty nuts about zoning laws; consequently, it was very surprising to see a place that looks like this in town. You can smoke your fruity cigarettes; that's great if you want to, more power to you...What you shouldn't be allowed to do is smoke em in a shit hole that looks like crap!
really

Murray, KY

#67 May 8, 2013
That building was there before them zoning has nothing to do with it dip stick. True be known your house is probably a shit hole so stfu
saw the blight

Murray, KY

#68 May 8, 2013
I think they are referring to the play pen out front. truth be known. that hasn't always been there for sure. what a blight on murray's beautification efforts.
Reality

United States

#69 May 8, 2013
Murray sucks. This business isn't gonna hurt a damn thing. Get over yourselves.
Ham

Indianapolis, IN

#70 May 8, 2013
really wrote:
That building was there before them zoning has nothing to do with it dip stick. True be known your house is probably a shit hole so stfu
I've seen trailers in new concord look better than that place
really wishes...

Murray, KY

#71 May 9, 2013
I feel sorry for the people of this town. Murray isn't such a great place to live because you people are some of the most narrow minded racist people I have ever met. Get over yourself Murray a business isn't what brings you down. Want to talk about eye sores how about the many trailer parks and shitty dirty houses in your great town.
Eddie

United States

#73 May 9, 2013
I think it's a houka bar
really

Murray, KY

#74 May 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="really wishes..."]I feel sorry for the people of this town. Murray isn't such a great place to live because you people are some of the most narrow minded racist people I have ever met. Get over yourself Murray a business isn't what brings you down. Want to talk about eye sores how about the many trailer parks and shitty dirty houses in your great town.[/QUOTE]

Amen
fyi

Murray, KY

#75 May 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="really wishes..."]I feel sorry for the people of this town. Murray isn't such a great place to live because you people are some of the most narrow minded racist people I have ever met. Get over yourself Murray a business isn't what brings you down. Want to talk about eye sores how about the many trailer parks and shitty dirty houses in your great town.[/QUOTE]

I believe there are some laws regarding dwellings in this town. they must be kept up to par. I would think the play pen, out in front of this "business" needs some work. where are the city planners? you can't build a carport without a getting a permit. how was this thing built without a permit? and I'm sure a permit would specify a little nicer playpen structure, if you could even get one.
girly

Murray, KY

#76 May 10, 2013
Omg im o tierd of people trashing this breakway hookah bar why not complain about all the other places in murray that are run down... Did you see th building before they opend there buisses? It really looked great then didnt it... They painted it and added an out door seating spot for makeing there customers happy. If you dont like it get a damn life and pull up your big girl/boy pantties and move the fuck on, the two people who opend this shop are trying there hardest to make it in "the friendlyest town on earth" have you read what you wrote?!?!? You guys are really keeping up your reputation, the best of luck to you guys at the breakaway.
boyly

Arlington, TX

#77 May 11, 2013
girly wrote:
Omg im o tierd of people trashing this breakway hookah bar why not complain about all the other places in murray that are run down... Did you see th building before they opend there buisses? It really looked great then didnt it... They painted it and added an out door seating spot for makeing there customers happy. If you dont like it get a damn life and pull up your big girl/boy pantties and move the fuck on, the two people who opend this shop are trying there hardest to make it in "the friendlyest town on earth" have you read what you wrote?!?!? You guys are really keeping up your reputation, the best of luck to you guys at the breakaway.
Public education really worked for you.
Josh

Paducah, KY

#78 May 11, 2013
girly wrote:
you got a good education at Calloway.. You talk as trashy as the place looks!
Reality

United States

#79 May 11, 2013
girly wrote:
Everyone wants to judge. In the end, do you know what their opinions really amount to? Nothing. If they don't love you.... screw 'em. If they're not feeding you, financing you, f$cking you.....screw 'em. Let them run their mouths. It gives them something to do with their pathetic lives.
Haha

Paducah, KY

#80 May 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone wants to judge. In the end, do you know what their opinions really amount to? Nothing. If they don't love you.... screw 'em. If they're not feeding you, financing you, f$cking you.....screw 'em. Let them run their mouths. It gives them something to do with their pathetic lives.
without customers they are nothing and will be gone by August
jessibeth

United States

#81 May 24, 2013
Let me say this. The HOWLAND family run it which means one thing and one thing only. Trash trash trash! I went in to see what it was where I was greeted by the owner who introduced himself as Cody Howland. I recognized the name from a couple years back in the newspaper. He and his brother were arrested for selling drugs. So it was no surprise this family was running it. Seems like all theyvare good for is illegal activity. My neice was friends with them for a while and told me about how they never live in one place too long. The parents are deadbeats who can't hold jobs and moved them every six months growing up. I think they have several kids but the two thatcause trotrouble in Murray are Cody and the younger one. I want this place shut down. The last thing we need is drug dealers running businesses in our lovely city. I don't think it will last long...the people have no common sense.
Ashley

Benton, KY

#82 May 25, 2013
Jessibeth, not all the Howland's are bad people. I am friends with Haley and her husband Zach (which is one of the older Howland brothers) They are wonderful Christian people, but I know that they don't really associate with that side of the family.
Reality

United States

#83 May 25, 2013
jessibeth wrote:
Let me say this. The HOWLAND family run it which means one thing and one thing only. Trash trash trash! I went in to see what it was where I was greeted by the owner who introduced himself as Cody Howland. I recognized the name from a couple years back in the newspaper. He and his brother were arrested for selling drugs. So it was no surprise this family was running it. Seems like all theyvare good for is illegal activity. My neice was friends with them for a while and told me about how they never live in one place too long. The parents are deadbeats who can't hold jobs and moved them every six months growing up. I think they have several kids but the two thatcause trotrouble in Murray are Cody and the younger one. I want this place shut down. The last thing we need is drug dealers running businesses in our lovely city. I don't think it will last long...the people have no common sense.
They have a past. So what? Your point? Everyone has done things they're not proud of.... It's called being human. They're not selling drugs out of that business and they're not bothering you, so what's your friggin' problem? I've got news for you...your "lovely city" is FULL of dope! And there's plenty more people that need to be focused on other than this kid who is trying to run a business and make an honest buck. Maybe this is his way of trying to do good. He's not hurting anything. So let him be.
zach HOWLAND

Nashville, TN

#84 May 26, 2013
jessibeth wrote:
This is one of the older brothers of those two kids your degrading. Cody runs the hookah shop and has turned his life around from what it was a full 360. He is now running a successful business that he knows a lot about. To all of you that are saying lets shut it down well look at the night owl, same concept but I bet someone with an upperclass ranking in murray owns that so it's fine. The youngest one works his butt off and supports his family. And as for my parents, yes we did move a lot but we had 6 kids in our family. Times are tough for people at the bottom. they are great people who have worked all odf our lives to support us and help us. I myself have three kids and am struggling with enough with my bills and things. I wish i had half the courage as cody to run a business. Way to go cody. Good job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flash of News (Aug '13) 31 min Murphy 6,175
The Cake lady (Sep '12) 1 hr Lisa 30
Sasquatch spotted in Kirksey area 2 hr Grimness 4
Hayden Burkey 4 hr Shhhh 3
lookin for a truck 7 hr yep 3
need to speak to the editor please 8 hr my name is mudd 8
Briggs medical clinic 8 hr Good luck 7
Lynn Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web