What is The Breakaway Lounge?
Steve

Murray, KY

#21 Apr 23, 2013
I am [state: injured]. I feel [emotion: fear] and my machine [action: interface] seems broken. My location is [place: unknown]. Please [action: help]. I do not [action: understand] what is wrong.
Where are the Colours? Where is peace?

Since: Jan 11

Murray, KY

#22 Apr 23, 2013
no looky wrote:
<quoted text>junky people go to junky places. must be something in the smoke that enlightens you if you can agree to go to such a junky looking place for the hooky.
Junky people...? My dear, you are quite wrong. There is nothing in the hookah that gives you any sort of high or anything of the sort. As I said before, they're remodeling, so that's why the outside looks a little rough. The inside, however, is really nice.:) So, stop with your childish insults. You have no idea what you're talking about.:)
surfin

Murray, KY

#23 Apr 23, 2013
no looky wrote:
<quoted text>
junky people go to junky places. must be something in the smoke that enlightens you if you can agree to go to such a junky looking place for the hooky.
like fools names and fools faces will always be found in fools places?
owner

United States

#24 Apr 24, 2013
Why must you judge place by its cover ... W offer alittle of everything ... Tell me something .. have you came into my shop??? Im thinking not ... Im 22 years old and have played my cards right .. im offering something That theres not alot of and also im trying to make this side of town look better ... Sorry i dont have all the money in this town but im trying to make the best with what i got... Pallets are free and in your eyes you see trash but in mine i see happy custamers ... All i want in my life is to put smiles on peoples faces and im doing That ok So how about you come and say this to me and im sure When you leave you Well be happy ... Well maybe if you not stick in this old shelterd time ... I love my shop and my custers do To hope to see you up there .. bye friends and haters
??

United States

#25 Apr 24, 2013
owner wrote:
Why must you judge à place by its cover ... Wé offer alittle of everything ... Tell me something .. have you came into my shop??? Im thinking not ... Im 22 years old and have played my cards right .. im offering something That theres not alot of and also im trying to make this side of town look better ... Sorry i dont have all the money in this town but im trying to make the best with what i got... Pallets are free and in your eyes you see trash but in mine i see happy custamers ... All i want in my life is to put smiles on peoples faces and im doing That ok So how about you come and say this to me and im sure When you leave you Well be happy ... Well maybe if you not stick in this old shelterd time ... I love my shop and my custers do To hope to see you up there .. bye friends and haters
First it's "CUSTOMERS!" Maybe you should focus on an education honey instead of a "smoke joint!" So I'm going to "enlighten" you withOUT smoke! Clean your place up! Murray isn't trash!! We like our town neat!
Captain Crunch

Murray, KY

#26 Apr 24, 2013
You know what I dont understand? Your comment Owner about being a stick in this OLD SHELTERED TIME. Just because a person is quore "conservative" in their view they are a stick in the mud or stuck in an old sheltered time. Murray Ky. did not have drinking holes and bars and liquor and smoking lounges and all these other similar things and it survived and thrived and was a Wonderful and prosperous place to live and even won several prestigious National Awards for being a great place to live and raise your family and for being friendly. We were doing just fine before alcohol and all the other liberal trach that people want to drag into Murray Ky. so they can quote "improve" our city. I am proud to say that I grew up in a city with no bars or lounges or shady and seedy places and I just wish my children and grandchildren one day could expeirience the same. Morals and goodness and honesty and being a good neighbor and helping others..those are the kinds of things that prosper a city or community. Not smoking lounges and liquor stors and bars. Just go to one of these bars like the Big Apple at closing time and watch the people stumble out, falling around, cursing and swearing and then getting in their vehicles and driving away. Boy that sure does make us a better more prosperous place to live now doesnt it. Liquor bottles littering the streets where driving drunks who could care less about our city or our children throw the bottles carelessly out the car windows.Ok so Im stuck in this old sheltered time. Theres a reason why The Andy Griffith show is still a big hit all these years later. Because we all dream of a simpler safer cleaner "sheltered time when we didnt even have to lock our doors.I say if you didnt like our city the way it was go to San Francisco...Im sure they have a street or alley there for you to sleep in!
??

United States

#28 Apr 24, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
You know what I dont understand? Your comment Owner about being a stick in this OLD SHELTERED TIME. Just because a person is quore "conservative" in their view they are a stick in the mud or stuck in an old sheltered time. Murray Ky. did not have drinking holes and bars and liquor and smoking lounges and all these other similar things and it survived and thrived and was a Wonderful and prosperous place to live and even won several prestigious National Awards for being a great place to live and raise your family and for being friendly. We were doing just fine before alcohol and all the other liberal trach that people want to drag into Murray Ky. so they can quote "improve" our city. I am proud to say that I grew up in a city with no bars or lounges or shady and seedy places and I just wish my children and grandchildren one day could expeirience the same. Morals and goodness and honesty and being a good neighbor and helping others..those are the kinds of things that prosper a city or community. Not smoking lounges and liquor stors and bars. Just go to one of these bars like the Big Apple at closing time and watch the people stumble out, falling around, cursing and swearing and then getting in their vehicles and driving away. Boy that sure does make us a better more prosperous place to live now doesnt it. Liquor bottles littering the streets where driving drunks who could care less about our city or our children throw the bottles carelessly out the car windows.Ok so Im stuck in this old sheltered time. Theres a reason why The Andy Griffith show is still a big hit all these years later. Because we all dream of a simpler safer cleaner "sheltered time when we didnt even have to lock our doors.I say if you didnt like our city the way it was go to San Francisco...Im sure they have a street or alley there for you to sleep in!
I agree completely!!!!!!!!!
Murray NOT Mayberry

Nashville, TN

#29 Apr 24, 2013
You forgot to mention that Mayberry had Otis Campbell and was set in a fictionalized town. Have been at the Big Apple many times at closing and have never seen what you stated. If you don't like a smoking lounge - don't go. If you don't like a bar - don't go. If you don't like a liquor store - don't go. But I'll be damned if your OLD SHELTERED TIME thinking, which apparently describes you well, will deny me the right to do what is legal.

United States

#30 Apr 24, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
Actually... Just to correct your statement... Murray is still a thriving town and the alcohol sales have helped tremendously! I'm sure things were different when you were growing up but the fact is, times are changing. I'm not saying that conservatism or being "old-fashioned," is a bad thing. But to say that Murray isn't still a great place to live and to raise children and retire to is simply not true. Murray is a beautiful town and has so much to offer not only to families with children and retirees, but also to college students and young adults. You said morals and goodness and honesty consist of being a good neighbor...? Why not, instead of bashing someone's establishment on a website, go and ask them "Hey! Your spots looking a little rough. Want some help, neighbor?" You don't have to like what they're selling but that, to me, would be a good "neighborly," thing to do. This city is still a beautiful place to live and it's got a lot more to offer. You want to be a good neighbor...? Maybe practice what you preach a little more...?

United States

#31 Apr 24, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:

And also... People have been littering long before liquor sales started up in Murray. If you truly don't like it... Maybe pick up trash off the side of the road...? That's a good "neighborly" thing to do as well! Help our community!:) It's obvious that the owner of The Breakaway Lounge does like our city because he's contributing to its prosperity. If the people of Murray didn't want to allow a place like the Breakaway Lounge, the Night Owl, bars or liquor, we wouldn't have them. These types of establishments have to go through a process before opening a business. So, don't blame just one person for it. If you truly have an issue with it, then maybe you might want to consider moving to some place that is more conservative...? But regardless... As I said before, times are changing and it's just something we all have to get used to.
Captain Crunch

Murray, KY

#32 Apr 24, 2013
I was born and raised here so dont be telling me I need to move elsewhere. And boy what a great argument that the liquor stores are helping Murray be a better place. As far as people coming out of the Big Apple drunk just look at the rise in DUI's since liquor stores came to Murray. Go on and live your life for Liquor and fight for your alcohol. As for me Ive got better things to fight for. Things that will really help people. We will see how long The BreakAway Lounge lasts. Meanwhile you go on defending it and using your breath to argue why alcohol, liquor and smoking is so great! Ill speak again when I see the place go up for sale. Meanwhile good luck with the 1 or 2 customers you'll have tonight. Nuff said!
Anon

United States

#33 Apr 24, 2013
With the right atmosphere, a hookah lounge should be able to thrive in a college town. I wish you guys much success.
Lol

United States

#34 Apr 24, 2013
Somebody's got sand in their Vajayjay! Lol! I was curious about this new little business, so I went to check it out. There is nothing illegal or offensive about the business. The young man who owns it was very polite, friendly, informative, and had very reasonably priced products. He's not hurting or bothering anyone. As far as the pallets go, maybe he's just making use of what he has until he makes a little money and can make gradual improvements to the place....? I think someone that young trying to make it on their own shows initiative. It beats the hell out of being one of these losers who sits on their dead ass living off of their parents/ government! The kid is trying, which is more than a lot of people in Murray are doing! Quit hating on him. You may not like hookahs, hippie jewelry, or t-shirts. So what?! Don't shop there. He may not like golf, knitting, or Martha Stewart! It doesn't make you any better. Just different. We are all the same in God's eyes, and it's not your place to judge. Quit giving this kid such a hard time.
just duckie

Murray, KY

#35 Apr 24, 2013
Lol wrote:
Somebody's got sand in their Vajayjay! Lol! I was curious about this new little business, so I went to check it out. There is nothing illegal or offensive about the business. The young man who owns it was very polite, friendly, informative, and had very reasonably priced products. He's not hurting or bothering anyone. As far as the pallets go, maybe he's just making use of what he has until he makes a little money and can make gradual improvements to the place....? I think someone that young trying to make it on their own shows initiative. It beats the hell out of being one of these losers who sits on their dead ass living off of their parents/ government! The kid is trying, which is more than a lot of people in Murray are doing! Quit hating on him. You may not like hookahs, hippie jewelry, or t-shirts. So what?! Don't shop there. He may not like golf, knitting, or Martha Stewart! It doesn't make you any better. Just different. We are all the same in God's eyes, and it's not your place to judge. Quit giving this kid such a hard time.
Is this the owner? Are you talking to yourself on here? Do you have the two or three cars parked there at times?
Cjs

Murray, KY

#36 Apr 24, 2013
I would like to say to owner good luck with your business.I was 23 when I started mine and am now 48.Please don't let people trying to live in the past get you down.They are miserable human beings and their only mission in life is too belittle others because it makes them feel better.Good luck and best wishes too you.
yeah right

Duluth, GA

#37 Apr 25, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
What in the world is The Breakaway Lounge located on Sycamore? It is really an eyesore for Murray Ky. As if it didnt look cheesy enough they took a bunch of cheap lattice and throw away pallets and built some kind of seating place out in the parking lot. Come on people. Surely theres some kind of city ordinance that states you cant just take a bunch of junk and construck any old thing in our city. I never see any cars there so surely it will go bankrupt and go out of business soon?
No ordinances I guess. Have you hone down poplar next to the police station, that old house is sided with scrap.
yeah right

Duluth, GA

#38 Apr 25, 2013
stage_gal02 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually... Just to correct your statement... Murray is still a thriving town and the alcohol sales have helped tremendously! I'm sure things were different when you were growing up but the fact is, times are changing. I'm not saying that conservatism or being "old-fashioned," is a bad thing. But to say that Murray isn't still a great place to live and to raise children and retire to is simply not true. Murray is a beautiful town and has so much to offer not only to families with children and retirees, but also to college students and young adults. You said morals and goodness and honesty consist of being a good neighbor...? Why not, instead of bashing someone's establishment on a website, go and ask them "Hey! Your spots looking a little rough. Want some help, neighbor?" You don't have to like what they're selling but that, to me, would be a good "neighborly," thing to do. This city is still a beautiful place to live and it's got a lot more to offer. You want to be a good neighbor...? Maybe practice what you preach a little more...?
Well said. I didn't agree with Murray voting in alcohol sales I was afraid we would go to hell in a hand basket and become a dirty town. I woke up the day after the vote a little disappointed but with the realization that Murray is as good as the people here. Whether you choose to buy alcohol or not you choose what kind if town this will be. And yes if the looks of the breakaway lounge bothers you stop by and talk to the owner see if there is anything you can do to help and you just might coming away seeing its beauty. You ever met a person you thought was instructive until you got to know them???
yeah right

Duluth, GA

#39 Apr 25, 2013
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. I didn't agree with Murray voting in alcohol sales I was afraid we would go to hell in a hand basket and become a dirty town. I woke up the day after the vote a little disappointed but with the realization that Murray is as good as the people here. Whether you choose to buy alcohol or not you choose what kind if town this will be. And yes if the looks of the breakaway lounge bothers you stop by and talk to the owner see if there is anything you can do to help and you just might coming away seeing its beauty. You ever met a person you thought was instructive until you got to know them???
Sorry my spelling so bad this morning. Damn spell check on this phone, that unatractive (LOL still spelled wrong I give up) you know what in saying I think. "Love your neighbor"
Murray NOT Mayberry

Nashville, TN

#40 Apr 25, 2013
I wish the owner all the luck in the world. Bringing something new and different to Murray is a good thing. Give him time to get everything set up. And remember it's better to help your neighbor than condemn them.
??

Duluth, GA

#41 Apr 25, 2013
We don't want Murray to turn into trash! Drunks & druggies!!! Don't u get what he is saying??? Most people have family & kids !! We don't want to walk around seeing liquor, porn, strippers, & smoke stores. Some of us have morals & values still!! Yes and we have that right too!! We want to keep our kids safe & sheltered and always from trash! We don't want them growing up and becoming druggies & drunks!!!! Wake up Murray!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Craig Clevidance 13 min Seriously 2
Women at Briggs and stratton 26 min The Tall Cool One 2
baldys 26 min Jenny 5
question about MSU budget cuts 3 hr Anti-GOP 35
Greg Conner 5 hr Family 2
Letter from the jail (Apr '11) 10 hr Derp 19
Murray high basketball 13 hr Brett Miles 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynn Grove Mortgages