What is The Breakaway Lounge?

Posted in the Lynn Grove Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Captain Crunch

Benton, KY

#1 Apr 19, 2013
What in the world is The Breakaway Lounge located on Sycamore? It is really an eyesore for Murray Ky. As if it didnt look cheesy enough they took a bunch of cheap lattice and throw away pallets and built some kind of seating place out in the parking lot. Come on people. Surely theres some kind of city ordinance that states you cant just take a bunch of junk and construck any old thing in our city. I never see any cars there so surely it will go bankrupt and go out of business soon?
Smiley

United States

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
What in the world is The Breakaway Lounge located on Sycamore? It is really an eyesore for Murray Ky. As if it didnt look cheesy enough they took a bunch of cheap lattice and throw away pallets and built some kind of seating place out in the parking lot. Come on people. Surely theres some kind of city ordinance that states you cant just take a bunch of junk and construck any old thing in our city. I never see any cars there so surely it will go bankrupt and go out of business soon?
Shut up. Mind your own business. If you don't like it, don't look. Have a nice day!
this is dinh

Murray, KY

#3 Apr 19, 2013
Its a place where dreams can come true.
Captain Crunch

Benton, KY

#4 Apr 19, 2013
I thought this Breakaway Lounge was a public place of business? So I guess it is everybodys business who makes up the public. I am a taxpayer in this City and I have free speech so I dont have to shut up and I have a right to ask what this places is and why they are junking the place up with loading pallets?
calloway citizen

Quincy, FL

#5 Apr 19, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
I thought this Breakaway Lounge was a public place of business? So I guess it is everybodys business who makes up the public. I am a taxpayer in this City and I have free speech so I dont have to shut up and I have a right to ask what this places is and why they are junking the place up with loading pallets?
I agreed, but its not that big of deal to me. If it bothers you contact city hall to see anything can be done.
Smiley

United States

#6 Apr 19, 2013
They're not doing anything to hurt you. You're just another person looking for something to complain about. You really have nothing better to do?
Captain Crunch

Benton, KY

#7 Apr 20, 2013
Smiley wrote:
They're not doing anything to hurt you. You're just another person looking for something to complain about. You really have nothing better to do?
Ok I basically ask 2 questions. The first I ask noone seems to know. What is The breakaway Lounge? Being named a lounge Id think they'd probably serve alcohol? The I hear rumored you smoke there? Then in the window they have written in big white letters Novelty Store. That can mean anything. As far as the place being junky I dont care what you say it is every residents business if the place is junky. There are strict ordinances on what kind of sign you can put up and another ordinance that says you cant let the grass go without mowing it. So it is others business when you start taking pallets and start making some sort of seating area. All I hear is about how bringing alcohol to Murray will help the city and bring new opportuntys. I just hope we dont start looking like Fulton Ky with run down taverns and a dumpy looking city. So Breakawa Lounge plese paint your building all over please? And please paint it one color? And pick up the loading pallets out of the parking lot. And lets keep Murray Ky. a classy place like its always been. Thanks!
agree!!!

Tucker, GA

#8 Apr 20, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I basically ask 2 questions. The first I ask noone seems to know. What is The breakaway Lounge? Being named a lounge Id think they'd probably serve alcohol? The I hear rumored you smoke there? Then in the window they have written in big white letters Novelty Store. That can mean anything. As far as the place being junky I dont care what you say it is every residents business if the place is junky. There are strict ordinances on what kind of sign you can put up and another ordinance that says you cant let the grass go without mowing it. So it is others business when you start taking pallets and start making some sort of seating area. All I hear is about how bringing alcohol to Murray will help the city and bring new opportuntys. I just hope we dont start looking like Fulton Ky with run down taverns and a dumpy looking city. So Breakawa Lounge plese paint your building all over please? And please paint it one color? And pick up the loading pallets out of the parking lot. And lets keep Murray Ky. a classy place like its always been. Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing!! What is this place??? Yes!! Please clean up the junk!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

United States

#9 Apr 20, 2013
The Breakaway Lounge is a Hookah place. They have a really good selection of Hookah to choose from and they're prices are really reasonable. They also have a little shop in the back with tapestry's and clothes and other cool stuff. I've been In there a couple times an they're really nice and they're prices are probably the lowest when it comes to hookah than any other place in Murray.
agree!!!

Tucker, GA

#10 Apr 20, 2013
stage_gal02 wrote:
The Breakaway Lounge is a Hookah place. They have a really good selection of Hookah to choose from and they're prices are really reasonable. They also have a little shop in the back with tapestry's and clothes and other cool stuff. I've been In there a couple times an they're really nice and they're prices are probably the lowest when it comes to hookah than any other place in Murray.
A smoking lounge ?? Are you serious???
Lets sit around and smoke & be "enlightened" !!
Wake up Murray!! We are going to trash!!!
Humm

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="agree!!!"]<q uoted text>
A smoking lounge ?? Are you serious???
Wake up Murray!! We are going to trash!!![/QUOTE]
Just because you don't understand something is no reason to trash it. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Expand your horizons. If we were all alike it would be a boring place.
LOL

Benton, KY

#12 Apr 20, 2013
For a "tobacco" establishment, I bet they'll be awfully busy today...
Captain Crunch

Benton, KY

#13 Apr 20, 2013
Thank you stagegal for letting me know what the Breakaway Lounge is all about.
doctor

Ashburn, VA

#14 Apr 20, 2013
Why not sit around and smoke? People sit around and drink. Wouldn't you rather someone sit around and smoke then leave and not kill anybody, or would you rather someone sit around and drink then leave and kill somebody really you can't have your cake and eat it too.

United States

#15 Apr 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="agree!!!"]<q uoted text>A smoking lounge ?? Are you serious???
Wake up Murray!! We are going to trash!!![/QUOTE]

Just to "enlighten" you on this... It's not marijuana. It's a flavored tobacco. It's actually very relaxing. I've only done it a couple times but I've really enjoyed it. It doesn't give you a high or anything like that. But they weren't the first hookah bar around here. There was an old thrift store on the court square that did it on the weekends back in 2005-2006. Then there is the Night Owl. So, don't be so quick to judge if you aren't even educated on things that have been in Murray for several years. They're place does look a little rough right now. But they've only been open for a little while. They're still remodeling and such. So, cut them a break.

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2013
Captain Crunch wrote:
Thank you stagegal for letting me know what the Breakaway Lounge is all about.
You're welcome, doll!:) they are really a cool place. Really nice people too.:)
Steve

Benton, KY

#17 Apr 20, 2013
I have no idea what colors are going on here.

QUE?
Quent

Fishers, IN

#18 Apr 22, 2013
who owns/runs the place?
no looky

Murray, KY

#19 Apr 22, 2013
stage_gal02 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to "enlighten" you on this... It's not marijuana. It's a flavored tobacco. It's actually very relaxing. I've only done it a couple times but I've really enjoyed it. It doesn't give you a high or anything like that. But they weren't the first hookah bar around here. There was an old thrift store on the court square that did it on the weekends back in 2005-2006. Then there is the Night Owl. So, don't be so quick to judge if you aren't even educated on things that have been in Murray for several years. They're place does look a little rough right now. But they've only been open for a little while. They're still remodeling and such. So, cut them a break.
junky people go to junky places. must be something in the smoke that enlightens you if you can agree to go to such a junky looking place for the hooky.
GOD

Murray, KY

#20 Apr 22, 2013
Ain't you seen my movies!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clintons love story 7 min American Patriot 41
Love Murray! 18 min old prople 2
David Caldwell 38 min John 8
Library Tax - what are the facts? 1 hr Heard Enough 2
Mcch housekeeping gone to hell 4 hr Penner 1
Does anyone remember a girl name Lisa that live... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Looking 1
News Raid in Thunder Holler in Lynn Grove, KY (Jul '09) Sep '12 grover 67

Lynn Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance