Waynesboro on Rutherford's Complaint: 'Matter is Closed'

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Monday night the city of Waynesboro is responding to the threat of legal action over a charity Christmas tree sale in a residential area.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
amused

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Rutherford is losing respect by pursing such frivolous claims (and wasting our tax dollars to respond)... they'd be better off keeping quite until have a real issue to chomp on.
Wanda

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Really because it's the little people like this that don't have the knowledge to fight issues on their own.
doodles

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

amused you would not feel that way if u had cancer and could not afford a tree.I have cancer and it is hard to afford things when one cancer treatment every other week is 19,000.00 dollars and no insurance so it is nice for people to do good deeds maybe u should try it.or try cancer!!!!!!!
disgusted

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

City idiot leaders strikes again. What about yard sales? Or auctions? There used to be residence on rosser that had many yard sales and this place was even at an intersection. They have since moved out. No body said anything about yhis. The idiots who run w'boro nitpick on those who try to do good, I have deen it many times. Try working for them, you're even more abused.
clownsboro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

i wish these were the only types of crimes that happened
Foe

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

amused wrote:
Rutherford is losing respect by pursing such frivolous claims (and wasting our tax dollars to respond)... they'd be better off keeping quite until have a real issue to chomp on.
The Rutherford Institute is not funded by tax dollars. They are a non-profit which is funded by voluntary donations and provide their services free of charge.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

the rutherford institute picks and chooses its battles "issues" very carefully...they do not like to lose or get any bad publicity.....
Patricia

Fishersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

This is no different than a kid setting up a lemonade stand in the summer to get money for whatever, whether it be for college, charity or anything else. Is the city of Waynesboro going to shut down the lemonade stand? The guy was trying to do something good. The matter should not be over, as someone may want to do this again next Christmas, it being Mr. Critzer or anyone else. The city was wrong. People stand in front of Walmart collecting money for all kinds of things as well as panhandlers on the side of the road, what about them? How about yard sales? This is the same thing except for what people are selling. Some people have yard sales every week all summer long. Is the city going to shut them down? This is a business for some people.
Patricia

Fishersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Wanda wrote:
Really because it's the little people like this that don't have the knowledge to fight issues on their own.
I think it is impressive that the Rutherford Institute stuck up for the guy. It might be you one day that wants to do the same thing. Wouldn't you want someone to stick up for your cause?
HAHA

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I think a US citizen should be able to sale what ever he wants for what ever reason from their own front yard. Who cares if it's a residential are, this man was hurting no one.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh, I see. The whole thing is over because you say it is? Even if you agree with Waynesboro, you have to admit that response is pretty childish. When you're accused of doing something wrong, the government (police) will investigate and will never consider the matter "closed" until you're charged or the person who made the accusation is charged with making a false report. So, why should the government, accused of doing wrong, should be able to say the matter is closed?
Judy

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Considering the assault on the word Christmas, perhaps he should have sold holiday trees. Waynesboro
sounds like the liberals. "As long as you agree with them you're okay, but disagree with them and you're attacked"
WOW

Concord, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Waynesboro this Sucks !!!!!!
John Henry Smith

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

It's just a shame when someone thinks this is wrong to do what this man did. Go home eat it a swallow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lyndhurst Discussions

Search the Lyndhurst Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 23 hr Hoolio 2,539
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Jun 28 hollie 14
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Jun 24 female 278
Hope clinic (Dec '12) Jun '14 Dear SCREWED 41
Police Look for Marijuana Bust Suspect (Apr '13) May '14 joe animal 9
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
you (Oct '13) May '14 Miquel 3
•••
•••
•••
Lyndhurst Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lyndhurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••