Huffman To Stand Trial For Murder

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Ridge Huffman is charged with killing 20-year-old Rebekah Gibson with a broken bottle.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2013
Lone Justice

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

If he's from the sturats draft, and it happened in WVa, where will the trial be held? WVa?

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

6

3

2

This is another example of an undereducated, underachiever. I would be willing to bet he came from a broken family saturated with alcoholism and drugs.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I see that someone decided to give me a clueless lightbulb, a disagree, and a mean. Thank you.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Now we have a nut. This is great. I defy you to prove me wrong about this alleged murderer.
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

2

C-Ville Patriot wrote:
Now we have a nut. This is great. I defy you to prove me wrong about this alleged murderer.
Amazing isn't it? Every idiot in Virginia has there very own legion of apologists.
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

THEIR very own legion of apologists. I will apologize for my own failure to proofread before hitting "post comment".
Simon Says

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

The Trial will be held in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred. It doesn't matter where you are from.
Concerned Citizen

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

C-Ville Patriot wrote:
This is another example of an undereducated, underachiever. I would be willing to bet he came from a broken family saturated with alcoholism and drugs.
Not every offender comes from a broken home with alcoholism. Idiots came come from any where. There are plenty of good people in this world who come from good homes.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every offender comes from a broken home with alcoholism. Idiots came come from any where. There are plenty of good people in this world who come from good homes.
There are indeed exceptions to every rule. However, an overwhelming majority of these types of citizens come from similar backgrounds. And until society as a whole accepts the truth the problem will never be solved.
brenda adcock

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

i was so shocked to hear about this and i hope the family doesnt mind me posting this , but this is where we begin to stop violence against women .... knowledge .... something has to change . please stop violence against women !
lord

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

C-Ville Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>There are indeed exceptions to every rule. However, an overwhelming majority of these types of citizens come from similar backgrounds. And until society as a whole accepts the truth the problem will never be solved.
Broken home awash in drugs and alcohol? Sounds like Ridge Huffman might have something in common with George Huguely V.
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 4, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every offender comes from a broken home with alcoholism. Idiots came come from any where. There are plenty of good people in this world who come from good homes.
"There are plenty of good people in this world who come from good homes."

It is your quote.

Okay, so what?

Your logic is that broken homes with alcoholism are good.

Are you willing to stick with this contention?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

brenda adcock wrote:
i was so shocked to hear about this and i hope the family doesnt mind me posting this , but this is where we begin to stop violence against women .... knowledge .... something has to change . please stop violence against women !
You have made comments about stopping violence against women...but you have only made a plea. Knowledge, for who? The male? the female? These males do not suddenly show aggression against women, there are many warning signals which I will not go into. And, until women learn to get out of these relationships when they see the first signs this will continue. This was probably not the first time there was an argument between the two, and it was more than likely an abusive relationship. Unfortunately, she has lost her life, and he will be spending his doing prison time, as he should.
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Bengalandi wrote:
<quoted text> You have made comments about stopping violence against women...but you have only made a plea. Knowledge, for who? The male? the female? These males do not suddenly show aggression against women, there are many warning signals which I will not go into. And, until women learn to get out of these relationships when they see the first signs this will continue. This was probably not the first time there was an argument between the two, and it was more than likely an abusive relationship. Unfortunately, she has lost her life, and he will be spending his doing prison time, as he should.
Those interested in violence against women should acquaint themselves with the faces on the Sex Offender Registry on the Virginia State Police website. It can be searched by name or zip code---start with 22902 for our downtown mall.

Then. if these concerned citizens actually want TO DO something for a change, instead of just the usual empty talk, they can BOYCOTT these men on the downtown mall and University Corner and NOT give them money as they hold their little signs and try to look sorrowful.

Perhaps, just perhaps, this new type of common sense display will reduce violence against not only women, but the public as a whole???????

It is not morally wrong to encourage felons to beg for money in another town----------

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I agree, they stay on the mall because some people are encouraging and supporting them by continuing to give them money. When there is no money, they will move on to greener pastures!
exgirlfriend

Bowling Green, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 13, 2013
 
I'm assuming all of you, who want to jump the gun and think you know everything about ridge and say he's such a bad person, don't really have much of a life of your own considering you have nothing better to do than judge others. Ridge is an amazing person regardless of his mistakes. None of you know the circumstances or the events that took place that night. All you know is what this so called government wants you to know. So go get a fuckin life. Prayers out to ridge and the whole family. I love you man!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lyndhurst Discussions

Search the Lyndhurst Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Crimora man charged with attempted murder (Jun '13) Jul 13 heather stamper 3
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Jun '14 hollie 14
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Jun '14 female 278
Hope clinic (Dec '12) Jun '14 Dear SCREWED 41
Police Look for Marijuana Bust Suspect (Apr '13) May '14 joe animal 9
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
•••
•••
•••
Lyndhurst Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lyndhurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lyndhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lyndhurst News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyndhurst
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••