Waynesboro Man Wins $100,000 In VA Lottery

James Brown didn't know he had a $100,000 winning ticket in his possession. The first inkling the Waynesboro man had was when he received a call from his daughter, saying a winning ticket had been bought at Royal Mart, 501 Rife Road East Avenue in Waynesboro. Full Story
Spanky

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 9, 2013
Obligatory "I bet he feels good!" statement.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Spanky wrote:
Obligatory "I bet he feels good!" statement.
You beat me to it!

Congratulations, Mr. Brown!
Anonymous

Woodbridge, VA

#3 Apr 9, 2013
I think he's crazy to put his name in the paper - all kinds of long lost relatives will crawl out of the woodwork with their hand stretched out!
the deal

High Point, NC

#4 Apr 9, 2013
I hope he spends wisely. $100,000 actually doesn't go very far anymore...especially after the taxes come out.... :/
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 9, 2013
ActionJackson

Bassett, VA

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Hey James..it's me, John your cousin! Been awhile so let's get together & catch up. I've been working in the real estate market & have some cheap land out west. Give me a shout! John.
jogger

Hillsville, VA

#7 Apr 9, 2013
After taxes he winds up with about $68K.....enough for a nice vacation and a new car....then its back to being broke....
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#8 Apr 9, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I think he's crazy to put his name in the paper - all kinds of long lost relatives will crawl out of the woodwork with their hand stretched out!
Virginia is one of the states that releases the names of winners publicly.
Jose Santchez

Barboursville, VA

#9 Apr 9, 2013
Go on a spending spree, blow all the money and get loans then declare bankruptcy, then you will be like 90 percent of lottery winners

Since: Sep 12

Makati, Philippines

#10 Apr 21, 2013
Well if I will win this amount of money I will be extremely happy too. I need to plan on how will I spend this amount of money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyndhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck convoy Wed jaymac 1
False prophets of Augusta County, Va Oct 18 Livn4Him 2
Waynesboro Lowes Manager Oct 15 Bad Attitude 2
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Waynesboro Lowes (Apr '13) Sep '14 Lowes Appliances 7
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Anonymous A 5
panhandlers by hospital (Feb '14) Sep '14 working tax payer 9
Lyndhurst Dating
Find my Match

Lyndhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lyndhurst News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyndhurst

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]