ABC Agent Involved in Recent Raid has...

ABC Agent Involved in Recent Raid has Troubled Record

There are 57 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 12, 2013, titled ABC Agent Involved in Recent Raid has Troubled Record. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

New documents reveal a troubled record for one of the Alcoholic Beverage Control agents involved in a raid that led to a University of Virginia student's arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

SizeCompensation

Columbia, VA

#22 Jul 14, 2013
Looks like this Taylor is compensating for lack of size or performance from a certain body part.

Parts not up to par, okay, lets intimidate young people - especially females.
G Luv

Marietta, GA

#23 Jul 14, 2013
Zimmerman is going to need a job. I'm sure he could fill this guy's shoes well...
fred sanford

Bowie, MD

#24 Jul 14, 2013
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article...
Ch. 29 missed this ! Sure this will " disappear off this site "
Barny fife

Bowie, MD

#25 Jul 14, 2013
After nearly 20 years of working in the agency's Lynchburg office, Director Shawn Walker said Taylor no longer was capable of leading the agents there and would be sent to Staunton "for the good of the bureau," according to records filed as part of an appeal of an employee grievance.

Walker said he made the decision about Taylor after seeing "an altercation" during a training exercise at a Lynchburg firing range. The confrontation was the latest in a series of problems that Walker witnessed that day, he testified.

"Just watching the physical reactions, the eye rolling, the turning away, the very closed type of body language of [Taylor's] agents," Walker said. The behavior involved "a number of [agents and was] enough to be significant, where I realized I've got to intercede and do something here."

Neither Taylor nor Walker responded to interview requests.
sue

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Jul 14, 2013
John Taylor has a nasty attitude. He is known to tell people that he is the LAW. Also, makes threats of shut downs for small businesses that sell alcohol. Luckily, my employees were instructed to go by the laws of VA when selling alcoholic beverages off premises and I never had any problems. I know others that had issues with him that could be called harrassment. My experience was 10 years ago and he should have been released from his employment at that time.
However, he is still around the area and still intimidating law abiding citizens. A power thing.
AA member

Falls Church, VA

#27 Jul 14, 2013
Has anyone wondered if the ABC boys partake in the drink of fermented fruit or grain ? Bet John Taylor will excels in it soon !
Middle Seat

Atlanta, GA

#28 Jul 14, 2013
Transfer him to Dept. of Corrections for the rest of his career. He deserves it and they deserve him!
Kitty Kat

Buckingham, VA

#29 Jul 14, 2013
John Taylor is obviously a loose cannon. ABC will wish they had fired him at his previous location instead of transferring him. Loose cannons only get worse! We don't need him or his goons to keep us safe from water-carrying girls. Or even if they had beer, we don't need his protection methods.
The Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#30 Jul 14, 2013
The only real analogy I can come up with is the Catholic Church transferring pedophile priests to other diocese after learning of misconduct.
How can his misconduct be under appeal if his own supervisor testified against him?
This guy Taylor has no place in law enforcement and the ABC is culpable for any further aggressive acts post transfer, including this one.
It is time for Bobby Mac and CoochieCoo to get involved.
Umm

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Jul 14, 2013
RandomThoughts wrote:
There was another incident a couple days ago where an Albemarle cop threatened to break out someones window for contempt of cop .
Time these brownshirts hit the fry station at the local McDonalds.
Um, to clarify:

The "brownshirts" you refer to are deputies that are part of local sheriff's departments, i.e., they wear brown shirts and khaki-colored pants. In rural counties like Louisa (for example), they are responsible for everything from traffic enforcement to criminal investigations to courtroom security to serving warrants.

In contrast, Albemarle County (like many larger jurisdictions) has two police entities: The Albemarle County Police Department and the Albemarle County Sheriff's Department. The former is responsible for everything but courtroom security and serving civil warrants; those are left to the Sheriff's ("brownshirts") department.
Just wanted to ensure that you understand the difference between the two.
Umm

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Jul 14, 2013
Kitty Kat wrote:
John Taylor is obviously a loose cannon. ABC will wish they had fired him at his previous location instead of transferring him. Loose cannons only get worse! We don't need him or his goons to keep us safe from water-carrying girls. Or even if they had beer, we don't need his protection methods.
Has the young female student who was arrested retained any sort of counsel?

If so, is she considering filing a civil complaint against the ABC agent(s)?

If so, might counsel consider a charge of negligent retention (of Agent Taylor) on the part of the ABC?

Jus' askin'...
knowitall

Bowie, MD

#33 Jul 14, 2013
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the young female student who was arrested retained any sort of counsel?
If so, is she considering filing a civil complaint against the ABC agent(s)?
If so, might counsel consider a charge of negligent retention (of Agent Taylor) on the part of the ABC?
Jus' askin'...
Rutherford institute on pantops is doing the most !
Kevin

Richmond, VA

#34 Jul 14, 2013
This guy should have been let go a long time ago (if all these allegations are correct). Is he a minority? That would account for his being transferred and allowed to continue being an incompetent bully, rather than being fired. Or has he been receiving special treatment because he knows someone? Like the Culpeper cop who was hired (against recommendations) and kept on the job because his mama was the chief's secretary/assistant.
People like these bullies have no business wearing a badge. But we should not blame all cops. Just like when a teacher gets in trouble. Don't fault all teachers.
Noneya

Washington, DC

#35 Jul 14, 2013
We the citizens should be able to convene a board of common sense monthly. We can rule on as many cases as possible in one eight hour day. Let's start with Officer Taylor. Common sense says he should be fired.....next?
Legal Eagle

Cumming, GA

#36 Jul 14, 2013
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, to clarify:
The "brownshirts" you refer to are deputies that are part of local sheriff's departments, i.e., they wear brown shirts and khaki-colored pants. In rural counties like Louisa (for example), they are responsible for everything from traffic enforcement to criminal investigations to courtroom security to serving warrants.
In contrast, Albemarle County (like many larger jurisdictions) has two police entities: The Albemarle County Police Department and the Albemarle County Sheriff's Department. The former is responsible for everything but courtroom security and serving civil warrants; those are left to the Sheriff's ("brownshirts") department.
Just wanted to ensure that you understand the difference between the two.
Not correct. The Albemarle County sheriff's deputies have MORE power and authority than any Albemarle County police officer has. The deputies have traffic, civil and criminal authority. Wanna test this? Pass one of them on the Interstate and see if you don't get a traffic ticket for 90 mph in a 65 mile per hour zone. Or smack your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend in sight of a county deputy and see what happens. Do you think he/she will stand there, watch and dial 911? Keep thinking that while you are whining out loud about how the deputy put the handcuffs on too you tight. This "all the deputies do is courtroom security and serve papers" thing is so 1970s and 1980s. I also see many of them wearing gray pants and black shirts now, not sure what's up with that.
Legal Eagle

Cumming, GA

#37 Jul 14, 2013
ps - this ABC three ring circus took place in the City of Charlottesville limits. The city also has a police department and a sheriff's office. The deputies in the Charlottesville sheriff's office also have more power than any Charlottesville police officer does, same as stated above in reference to the Albemarle deputies.
Sum Ting Wong

Midlothian, VA

#38 Jul 14, 2013
WHY SHOULD WE EVEN LISTEN TO THE MSM?!?!?

How about Maria Hallas and her editor figure out how to do simple proper reporting!!

'The allegations of inappropriate bullish behavior by JONES could trigger greater scrutiny into the actions of the ABC and put the state at greater risk of a viable lawsuit by the UVA student.'
TAYLOR is the name of the agent in question!!!
SCREW THE INCOMPETENT MEDIA!
syne

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Jul 14, 2013
I'm a bit confused , where is the sales associate in all of this (where the water and ice cream was purchased? Aren't they suppose to ID the individual before they even get out of the store ? Wouldn't that have prevented all of this ?
sez you

Macomb, MI

#40 Jul 14, 2013
Par for the course in LE. The thin blue line, they refuse to get rid of bad cops, and there are plenty. And who pays? the average citizen. Local officials like to set up commissions, let them set up a commission to review cops and their histories and get rid of bad cops. Police chiefs need to be held accountable for the bad cops they refuse to get rid of when they mess up.
NormanT

Tempe, AZ

#41 Jul 14, 2013
Noneya wrote:
We the citizens should be able to convene a board of common sense monthly. We can rule on as many cases as possible in one eight hour day. Let's start with Officer Taylor. Common sense says he should be fired.....next?
I like your thinking. Unfortunately common sense no longer exists in government of any level. Sometimes I'm not even sure too many citizens have it. It is all about being politically correct these days. Shameful really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyndhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sonya Coffey Jun 20 calf mountain nei... 3
Town of fishersville Jun 19 Guest 1
baby Horn jan 1958 information Jun 4 lucy 1
Swannanoa Mansion (Feb '07) Nov '15 barnes 404
IF someone has my full name, phone number, date... (Dec '13) Dec '13 alfredatuognstana... 2
Yahoo is asking me for a new e-mail,is this a s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 wekyvinemel 2
Favorite bank and least favorite bank?!?!? (Dec '13) Dec '13 xusydofevid 2

Lyndhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lyndhurst Mortgages