Interest in Taking Dumler's Place Grows

Interest in Taking Dumler's Place Grows

There are 32 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 6, 2013, titled Interest in Taking Dumler's Place Grows. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Just days after Chris Dumler stepped down from the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, more information is coming to light about what led up to the sudden resignation - and who is in the running to fill the spot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Captain Peacock

Farmville, VA

#23 Jun 8, 2013
There seems to be a lot of confusion about what the word "sodomy" actually means. Practically every female on these boards, and most men, think Dumler is guilty of some sort of posterior penetration. I believe I was very clear about the nature of what actually happened. I guess not as many people read these boards as I had thought.
Time to move on

Spotsylvania, VA

#25 Jun 8, 2013
Aunt Bea wrote:
Scottsville voted in a democrat. A democrat should finish the term.
Not
Helen Crump

Spotsylvania, VA

#26 Jun 8, 2013
Aunt Bea.....Decomc....are what is wrong with DC....
The Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#27 Jun 8, 2013
Captain Peacock wrote:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about what the word "sodomy" actually means. Practically every female on these boards, and most men, think Dumler is guilty of some sort of posterior penetration. I believe I was very clear about the nature of what actually happened. I guess not as many people read these boards as I had thought.
My response was deleted and it was no less "insensitive" or more "graphic" than yours is.

Were you there?

Coerced oral penetration might be seen as more violent than unauthorized “switching locations" during consensual intercourse.
The Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#28 Jun 8, 2013
Helen Crump wrote:
Aunt Bea.....Decomc....are what is wrong with DC....
Would be "is" but no, it's only a good portion of what is wrong with DC, the majority, though, starts with an R.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Jun 8, 2013
I think we may see a replay of the Jimmy Carter effect (political parties reversed).

The first election after Nixon/Ford, the American people wanted to cleanse the palate. They were so disgusted by them, and the Republicans by extension, that they would have elected Foghorn Leghorn if he was a Democrat.

And in a way, they did.

The peanut-farming governor from Georgia was the antiseptic that fit the bill. Imagine someone so honest that he confessed to "lusting in his heart" after a woman!! Think about that in contrast to Slick Willie years later.

I have a feeling that the most wholesome, non-threatening Republican or Independent who will run has got it in the bag over ANY Democrat. The FIRST thing voters will want is the closest guarantee that can elect that will never put them through this again.
The Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#30 Jun 8, 2013
Amanda wrote:
I think we may see a replay of the Jimmy Carter effect (political parties reversed).
The first election after Nixon/Ford, the American people wanted to cleanse the palate. They were so disgusted by them, and the Republicans by extension, that they would have elected Foghorn Leghorn if he was a Democrat.
And in a way, they did.
The peanut-farming governor from Georgia was the antiseptic that fit the bill. Imagine someone so honest that he confessed to "lusting in his heart" after a woman!! Think about that in contrast to Slick Willie years later.
I have a feeling that the most wholesome, non-threatening Republican or Independent who will run has got it in the bag over ANY Democrat. The FIRST thing voters will want is the closest guarantee that can elect that will never put them through this again.
By putting them through it again? If that happens, we really are a nation of idiots.
How do you think Reagan got us out of stagflation? By increasing government spending, cutting taxes, and borrowing... does that sound familiar? Reagan increased the debt to GDP by 188.6% and per capita by 168.2%, almost triple that by percentage of Obama.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-P...
Rand Paul will be the most interesting candidate, because of his stance on National Defense Spending and non- interventionism. I doubt the institutional old guard lets him win
Wrapped a little tight

Douglasville, GA

#31 Jun 9, 2013
Captain Peacock wrote:
For you to speak with such authority, you must have been one of the two people present, right? It is clear you are not the victim, so that can only mean you are the perpetrator. The criminal record will forever show that you plead guilty; the details of which don't matter, so why do you continue to attempt to rewrite history?

And why do you refer to yourself in the third-person?
No Way

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Jun 9, 2013
How about Peter Way! Boyd would love to have another pawn in his pocket.
Bollocks

Stone Mountain, GA

#36 Jun 9, 2013
Wrapped a little tight wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to speak with such authority, you must have been one of the two people present, right? It is clear you are not the victim, so that can only mean you are the perpetrator. The criminal record will forever show that you plead guilty; the details of which don't matter, so why do you continue to attempt to rewrite history?
And why do you refer to yourself in the third-person?
The details don't matter? Are you friggin' insane? The details are the ONLY thing that matters in the case, as it would have determined whether the crime happened or whether the accounts of the accuser were completely bunk.

If I'm charged with grand larceny and plead guilty to petty theft, you'd be a retard to suggest that I plead guilty to grand larceny. And that's exactly what everybody's been getting b0ners over this entire time, playing up the guilty plea to what they want to hear. It's music to your ears, but you know it's not the truth, so stop peddling it to be so.

And add another tally mark to a list of people who try to derail the conversation by claiming the author of that comment was in any way associated with the accusations. As if that mattered in the least.
Payne N Diaz

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Jun 9, 2013
Y'all talkin past history. Whats now is the process and election to take Dumlers place. The Hooks recent interviews with city candidates is now asking everyone Ever been arrested? The Dumler effect.
More Dumler effects. The so called Dumler law comin up. How'd you like your name on that law? Some nice lady will just run and win the Scottsville seat, custom made by the Dumler effect. Wait until the debates. Every candidate will be asked Would you have voted to remove Dumler?
Dumler is still serving his sentence and after jail he will still be parolin it. The news people will still be announcing when his jail term is done. When the army brass kicks him out that will be another news story. All this will happen while the race is going on so the Dumler effect will still be in the election even though Dumler aint running.
Shmang

United States

#38 Jun 11, 2013
Any Dumler supporters in tha house?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyndhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sonya Coffey Jun '16 calf mountain nei... 3
Town of fishersville Jun '16 Guest 1
baby Horn jan 1958 information Jun '16 lucy 1
Swannanoa Mansion (Feb '07) Nov '15 barnes 404
IF someone has my full name, phone number, date... (Dec '13) Dec '13 alfredatuognstana... 2
Yahoo is asking me for a new e-mail,is this a s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 wekyvinemel 2
Favorite bank and least favorite bank?!?!? (Dec '13) Dec '13 xusydofevid 2

Lyndhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lyndhurst Mortgages