Waynesboro Police Charge Nelson Man with Construction Fraud - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News...

The Waynesboro Police Department has charged a Nelson County man with felony construction fraud after he defrauded a 78 year old Waynesboro woman out of $250 for some tree trimming work he never completed. Full Story
ceasar

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Headline Top Story news.. Really?
Everyday small claims case to me.
Joseph Smith

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Hope they get some jail time. Defrauding Granny is not nice.
Mike Litorious

Orange, VA

#3 Sep 24, 2012
A dishonest woodchuck? Who would have ever thought that could happen. NEVER pay woodchucks until the work is done!!
Kevin

Spotsylvania, VA

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Lets find his granny!!!!!!
TEX

Palmyra, VA

#5 Sep 24, 2012
nice work, plain thievery of the elderly must be a yankee and/or a liberal
Sandy

Baltimore, MD

#6 Sep 24, 2012
I dont know this lady or what kind of shape her mind is in, I hope and pray as good as it was when she was 20. But if she has family, she can trust, she really should let some one else handle her money and tae care of things like this. Her paying this scum before the wrok was done was not a good thing and she should have known that. Slim balls like this are all looking for oder people to rip off. I know some people dont have anyone to handle thier money that they can trust. cant trust family these days, but a lot do, and still let an older person handle and loss their money to crooks. I would not let my mother or family member say if not safe at driveing at age 79, do that either, but a lot of familys let their loved one over 90 drive. Just crazy..... A lot of people dont agree with my statemnet, but I could care less what they think, just like they care for their older family members... not!!!
Lfish

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Sep 24, 2012
So sad how people like that continue to take advantage of the elderly. It is not a good idea to pay any contractor all of the money up front before the work is done. It is also good to check a contractor's references. Check with the BBB to see if there is any negative feed back on the company if possible. If not listed with the BBB, then you might want to be ware. That to me is a red flag and would make me wonder why. Just saying.
Morris Shifflett

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 24, 2012
TEX wrote:
nice work, plain thievery of the elderly must be a yankee and/or a liberal
FOR the record, this guys born and raised in one of yer Hollows! LOSER
Huckle Berry

Edgewater, MD

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Morris Shifflett wrote:
<quoted text>FOR the record, this guys born and raised in one of yer Hollows! LOSER
That would be hollers, to ole TEX.
sure

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 25, 2012
Morris Shifflett wrote:
<quoted text>FOR the record, this guys born and raised in one of yer Hollows! LOSER
Shifflett Hollow probably.....2fs & 2ts
joe

Rollins Fork, VA

#11 Dec 17, 2012
dishonest people , no license to do work no insurance, they could be drug dealers looking for money ask for reference, ask to see their business license and insurance, watch the way they dress and come to job on time, always call 911 if they look like trouble, while the construction people are on your property, never ever give them cash up front would you give a stranger on the road cash for nothing. alot of dishonest wood floor installers, siding, tree trimmers, carpet layer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyndhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
False prophets of Augusta County, Va Sat Livn4Him 2
Waynesboro Lowes Manager Oct 15 Bad Attitude 2
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Waynesboro Lowes (Apr '13) Sep 26 Lowes Appliances 7
Augusta Man Faces Felony Sex Charges - NBC29 WV... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Anonymous A 5
panhandlers by hospital (Feb '14) Sep '14 working tax payer 9
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Sep '14 Don 280
Lyndhurst Dating
Find my Match

Lyndhurst Jobs

Lyndhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lyndhurst News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyndhurst

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]