Waynesboro Preparing New Trout Fishery

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Augusta hopes the new trout habitat will draw fisherman from across the area. The future of an Augusta County waterway could be trophy-class trout that lure anglers from all over the country.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2011
sturmgeist

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Judged:

Good, let them go there to fish and open the river in waynesboro to the rest of us. Not everybody flips flies and it's a shame those of us who do not get crapped on in waynesboro. Who wants to eat anything out of this river anyway? My friend and I catch and release and do not think it's fair that we are banned 8 1/2 months of the year from fishing here.

They like to say HOSPITALITY IN THE VALLEY?, this needs to be changed to HOSTILITY IN THE VALLEY! So open up more of the river to those who just want to fish and not have to purchase extra license and go by certain rules because of stupid trout.
fishin guy

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

What are you talking about? The special reg section is not fly fishing only, it is single hook artificial only. I am assuming if you catch and release your probably not using bait, because the release part is generally not a success when the fish have swallowed the hook. Go by some trout magnets from Walmart and have at it. I spin fish it all the time. The fishing is not that great anyway. Spend the extra $12 PER YEAR and have all the fishing you want.
sturmgeist

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

Judged:

We use bait! If the fish swallpows the hook then we cut the line and leave the hook, it will eventually disolve. We DO NOT HURT THE FISH! WHO cares about those stupid trout. I WILL NOT pay an extra $12 per year to fish for trout. There are places in these areas that are good places for other kinds of fish. I would rather bait fish and know I can catch fish instead of fliping single hook lures and looking stupid. I can out fish you any day!
fishin guy

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

If there are other places in the area that are good places for other kinds of fish, why are you so concerned about the part in Waynesboro anyway. The fishing sucks either way in that part. You can probably out fish me if its creek chubs were talking about, but bass fishing I would smoke you. And keep on thinking that a gut hooked fish will survive, do some research.
strurmgeist

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

You do research, the hook will desolve.If you're so smart you should know this. There is good spots in w'boro to catch fish. MOST KNOW-IT-ALLS-DON"T. If the fishing sucks why are you fishing here. I caught 13 trout in one day from the south river and I released them. THESE were caught on live BAIT!!!!!!! SO THERE!!
fishin guy

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

you mean 13 creek chubs. I said the fishing sucks in that section, not all parts of the south river. Your the one that started the conversation about that particular section. Also, if your truly an avid fisherman you would realize that the $12 per year does not affect only trout fishing, it is for the improvement of all of our fisheries. The VDGIF doesnt get your $12 and say "Oh, we can only use this on trout waters." Its used for all of our waters, hopefully to make fishing better for all of us. You probably fish with a soda can anyway, so keep on keeping on.
sturmgeist

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

No I'm talking about opening other parts not just there! Pay attention. Oh and by the way I don't use soda cans cause that's considered littering. No it was TROUT! And I'm not going to tell you where so you'll stay out of MY spot. I do know how to tell trout from chubs and you're just jealous. HA,HA,HA.
fishin guy

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

No you are.
sturmgeist

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

HA,HA,HA,HA,ha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lyndhurst Discussions

Search the Lyndhurst Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Crimora man charged with attempted murder (Jun '13) Jul 13 heather stamper 3
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Jun 28 hollie 14
Shenandoah Acres???? (Jun '06) Jun '14 female 278
Hope clinic (Dec '12) Jun '14 Dear SCREWED 41
Police Look for Marijuana Bust Suspect (Apr '13) May '14 joe animal 9
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
•••
•••
•••
Lyndhurst Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lyndhurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••