Man Hit by SUV on Whitehead Road

Man Hit by SUV on Whitehead Road

There are 64 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Man Hit by SUV on Whitehead Road. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Emergency crews rushed the victim to the UVA Medical Center, but the man does not appear to have severe injuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#62 Mar 26, 2013
G Luv wrote:
"It was OUR university before you were born..."
Nearly as ironic as car drivers complaining about 'entitled' pedestrians...
You don't get sarcasm, do you?
real central Va Marine

Crozet, VA

#63 Mar 26, 2013
Student wrote:
I am truly horrified at these comments. Regardless of whose fault it was, somebody was horribly injured. You have a right to your opinions, but please show some respect. There is absolutely no need to voice negativity here, in the comments of an article that is hardly four sentences long. Saying these things brings nothing but hurt to the student and to his community, who are grieving with him over this unfortunate event. Maybe I have too much faith in humanity, but I had hoped to see many more wishes for a speedy recovery and for all to be well. Think about if this was your son, your daughter, your friend, or even yourself. Would you want to wake up in a hospital, bent and broken almost beyond repair, and find this level of negativity surrounding your accident? Think about how your words can affect somebody. This person has a life ahead of him that is bright and hopeful, and I truly hope that those judging him based on a few sentences re-think what they have said. This is not the place for a debate about crosswalk safety. This is the place for love and support and a community of trust - playing the blame game will get us nowhere.
Hopefully our words will cause "them" to look thrice before stepping into the street (that which was created for motor vehicles, not walkers). If it was my son or daughter, they would have expected the vehicle to keep moving because they were entering the street, not vice versa. Where would you suggest we hold the "debate about crosswalk safety"?
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#64 Mar 26, 2013
real central Va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully our words will cause "them" to look thrice before stepping into the street (that which was created for motor vehicles, not walkers). If it was my son or daughter, they would have expected the vehicle to keep moving because they were entering the street, not vice versa. Where would you suggest we hold the "debate about crosswalk safety"?
Makes you proud to know future doctors, lawyers , engineers, CEOs and politicians don't know how to cross the street.
Tiffany Anne Shifflett

Charlottesville, VA

#65 Mar 26, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Makes you proud to know future doctors, lawyers , engineers, CEOs and politicians don't know how to cross the street.
Oh they know how to cross....what they never learn is that they are not the center of everyone's universe, only their own!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyndhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What to do Jun 7 Saywhat 1
Has anyone heard about this Trump Fortunes comp... May 29 HarleyAllTheWay78 1
Matt Kirby May '17 Needs to know 1
Thinking of moving to Waynesboro, getting away ... (Dec '14) Mar '17 Hannah Goodman 5
News Augusta Sheriff Investigating Late Night Shooting (Sep '10) Mar '17 reflections 87
IF someone has my full name, phone number, date... (Dec '13) Dec '13 alfredatuognstana... 2
Yahoo is asking me for a new e-mail,is this a s... (Dec '13) Dec '13 wekyvinemel 2

Lyndhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lyndhurst Mortgages