Review: Monster Broadband, Inc.

Review: Monster Broadband, Inc.

Posted in the Lynchburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Sep 15, 2010
Is anyone else having connection problems In Bell Buckle with their Monster broadband?
To Roast Beef

Antioch, TN

#2 Sep 16, 2010
Change your Internet setting to accept all cookies.
Frustrated

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Sep 18, 2010
I don't think that is my trouble but I will try. It works for a week or so, and then slowly degrades.. I begin to get connection errors, and connection time outs, Having to constantly restart the hardware, and usually don't have service for a couple of days. After my complaining steadily, they will do something on their end, and it will work again for a week or so, and then I am back to nothing.. I have done the speed test and my upload speeds are that of dial up, but my download speeds are good. I Just can't seem to get this fixed.. The people in the office say I am the only one having this trouble.. Their phone service wouldn't work for me either, because I can't maintain a constant connection...

I will try the cookies thing though..
To Roast Beef wrote:
Change your Internet setting to accept all cookies.
Frustrated

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Sep 19, 2010
Tried your cookies tip... NOTHING.. Just now able to get online after an hour of "Diagnose Connection" Connection failure messages..
Frustrated

Ooltewah, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2010
Just an update to keep the public abreast of what continues with the connection issues. After Failed attempts at getting Monster broadband to get my services working, I uploaded videows of the service issues to youtube.com . After notifying them of the videos, I received an email telling me they had decided to cancel my contract, and discontinue services.. So if you have this company, and expect them to provide the customer service that they are supposed to; you can expect to get disconnected too...

Be wary of this company!!!
Frustrated

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Sep 20, 2010
After Speaking with Mayor Eugene Ray, Anyone having similar problems with Monster Broadband should forward a detailed letter explaining the issues, and what Monster Broadband has or has not done.. Also include any emails or supporting documentation. He is highly concerned with how my situation has been handled, as I have always paid my bill on time, and Monster simply failed to uphold their end of the contract... Also File your complaints with the Better Business @ nashville.bbb.org .. It is one thing to be in rural TN, but it is another thing when you are getting fleeced....
Frustrated X2

Normandy, TN

#7 Sep 26, 2010
Frustrated wrote:
I don't think that is my trouble but I will try. It works for a week or so, and then slowly degrades.. I begin to get connection errors, and connection time outs, Having to constantly restart the hardware, and usually don't have service for a couple of days. After my complaining steadily, they will do something on their end, and it will work again for a week or so, and then I am back to nothing.. I have done the speed test and my upload speeds are that of dial up, but my download speeds are good. I Just can't seem to get this fixed.. The people in the office say I am the only one having this trouble.. Their phone service wouldn't work for me either, because I can't maintain a constant connection...
I will try the cookies thing though..
<quoted text>
I have the same problem. It has nothing to do with your cookie settings. I've been told I am also the only one experiencing problems. It is very frustrating because it has happened almost every week for the 2 months I have owned the service.

Are you using a router? If so, when this problem occurs, plug the internet cable directly into your computer. When I do this, I get an error "there is another computer on your network with the same IP address" Leads me to believe it is an issue on their side.

Sometimes I can temporarily regain connection by using a Public DNS such as Google. But it's ridiculous that I would have to go through so much workarounds to get the internet to (intermittently) work properly. I really enjoy the service when it works, and it is the only high speed option my area will probably get for the next 5+ years.:(
Frustraed

Westland, PA

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Are you in Bell Buckle? I was using a router, but it never helped for me to plug the equipment directly into my machine. I wish I had an answer for you. You are right, the service is great when it works, but getting it to work is very frustrating. Which is why I got cut off, cause I kept telling them it was broken, and needed to be fixed... The reason I asked if you were in bell buckle is because I know several of my neighbors are having the same troubles, but since I got cut off, they are now scared to ask for help!!!
Frustrated X2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem. It has nothing to do with your cookie settings. I've been told I am also the only one experiencing problems. It is very frustrating because it has happened almost every week for the 2 months I have owned the service.
Are you using a router? If so, when this problem occurs, plug the internet cable directly into your computer. When I do this, I get an error "there is another computer on your network with the same IP address" Leads me to believe it is an issue on their side.
Sometimes I can temporarily regain connection by using a Public DNS such as Google. But it's ridiculous that I would have to go through so much workarounds to get the internet to (intermittently) work properly. I really enjoy the service when it works, and it is the only high speed option my area will probably get for the next 5+ years.:(
Heads UP

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2010
When you are having these connection issues, it means they are monitoring your web activity. You must be politically active, as this company is rumored to be funneling funds to a fundamentalist group in the Middle East.
Bob

Athens, TN

#10 Oct 11, 2010
Mine has always worked good.... Customer service has always helped me out when I have problems and come to my house the next day.. I wouldn't be to concerned if I were you.. There a private funded business it won't always be perfect
Escudo8

Mcminnville, TN

#11 Nov 8, 2010
I seem to be in the same situation as everyone else. I live in Normandy, service went out 18 Oct. I called and they came out to fix it. Worked for a VERY short time (less than 15 minutes) after they left. I've called and left a dozen messages - no reply. They promise to check into the problem and call you back - they never do. It's great when it works, but this is rediculous!
Same Boat

Winamac, IN

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Im starting to have the same problems...When i first got the service it was Great..now not so much.. i can still browse the net.. but when it comes to watching netflix or playing games online It lags so bad.. I even upgraded my package... still no good... Like said , awsome and no problems for months.. then wham No Good :(
nana

Normandy, TN

#13 Sep 5, 2011
It has nothing to do with cookies. My neighbor and I are both having a lot of problems. They have put on a new receiver and still it is disconnecting and is running very sloooow. Trying to find out how to test the speed right now.
Dana

San Diego, CA

#14 Sep 6, 2011
Cookies will not resolve their issues. My grandparents are currently contracted into their services & I am going to see what can be done about terminating the contract. The phone & internet both have been out of service for over a week & this is after Monster sent a tech to fix the lines from the phone & internet not working the previous week. The tower is within 1/2 a mile from our house & they still cannot provide adequiate service. AT&T may charge twice the amount per month but at least you had your service.

For anyone interested, I would advise using another internet source. For anyone suckered in to a lousy 2 yr contract, good luck getting phone/internet service through Monster.
Dana

San Diego, CA

#15 Sep 6, 2011
Correction to the location entered above, I am in Decherd, TN not Orlando.
Ticked Off

Winamac, IN

#16 Jan 21, 2012
Same here I live in Fayetteville, TN. Had Hughnet sat service and payed them $180.00 early termination feed because of being limited on the down load's, they cut back your bandwith so bad that dial up is faster. Got monster broadband 4 even though I never reached d-load speeds of 2 meg's it was close 1.2 -1.5. But low and behold about 3 month's later it slowed down, mostly on week nights and weekends. I called them and they came out and said my antenna was too low so they raised it up 2 feet. My access speed was fine untill the 7:00 pm that night and BANG right back to the way it was. Paying $79.00 a month for a $39.00 service package speed. I think they have oversold the service areas for their towers and the bandwith is being cut back on everyone during peek usage hours. I have been using a internet speed test at www.bandwithplace.com for the last 2 weeks at different times of the day and printing out the results. I'll be sending monster a copy of them soon, so I guess I'll be the next one to get my contract terminated.
Frustrated

Barnesville, OH

#17 Jan 21, 2012
Ticked Off wrote:
Same here I live in Fayetteville, TN. Had Hughnet sat service and payed them $180.00 early termination feed because of being limited on the down load's, they cut back your bandwith so bad that dial up is faster. Got monster broadband 4 even though I never reached d-load speeds of 2 meg's it was close 1.2 -1.5. But low and behold about 3 month's later it slowed down, mostly on week nights and weekends. I called them and they came out and said my antenna was too low so they raised it up 2 feet. My access speed was fine untill the 7:00 pm that night and BANG right back to the way it was. Paying $79.00 a month for a $39.00 service package speed. I think they have oversold the service areas for their towers and the bandwith is being cut back on everyone during peek usage hours. I have been using a internet speed test at www.bandwithplace.com for the last 2 weeks at different times of the day and printing out the results. I'll be sending monster a copy of them soon, so I guess I'll be the next one to get my contract terminated.
You also need to notify your mayor. The mayors are being paid off to keep other companies out of Monster Broadbands service areas.
To webmaster

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Jan 22, 2012
Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
You also need to notify your mayor. The mayors are being paid off to keep other companies out of Monster Broadbands service areas.
Check this crap out. It does'nt belong here.
bob

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2012
monster.com sucks dont waste your money poor customer service slow internet dont work right half time. dumb ass techs that dont know there ass froma hole in the ground
trent

United States

#20 Feb 3, 2012
fly by night co. I tried them for a short time seen real quick they are a bunch of con artist. who does not have the balls to stand behind there servise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewell's Hwy 55 Auction (May '11) Aug 27 Iris 34
Elder Abuse Video Aug 25 Adam 5
Tullahoma TN Cult Aug 19 momma 1
Tennessee County Tax - Coffee Aug 18 Peeps 1
Known drug dealer and warrant! (Sep '14) Aug 13 Z3124aa 3
Viva zen in tullahoma or manchester Aug 13 Z3124aa 1
News Obtaining Forrest statue for Savannah is compli... Aug 10 Nathan 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynchburg Mortgages