Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13972 Nov 19, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>The msg's sound rather clear to me. NO hypocracy that I can see. YOU even clearly stated their msg. Thank you for the clarity.
Holy Stupidity, Batman.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13973 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read it for awhile, but I'm pretty sure that was about a rather narrow area and not the global arena of subsidies. But if it makes you feel better to think that Oil companies aren't getting a fair shake, go right ahead. I'm sure they are equally worried about you.
When did I say they were not getting a fair shake? Sure they are, but so is every other company domestically or internationally.

Subsidies are write-offs; no different than a mortgage deduction on your home, or perhaps a medical deduction if you're paying a lot of medical expenses. You can't single out one or two companies based on how much they earn or how much you dislike them and say they should be treated differently than my widget company.

Tax time is around the corner which means hours of calculation work on my part. I am calculating my subsidy. I have to add up all those expenses it takes to run my business so I can deduct them from my gross profit. Mortgage interest deductions, water and sewer deductions, property tax deductions, second mortgage interest rate deductions, house insurance deductions, maintenance and repair deductions, city inspection and occupancy fee deductions. I am being subsidized by our federal government.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13974 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The benefactors of subsidies are the consumer no matter how you shake it. Those on the left constantly complain about subsidies going to this or that, yet have little to say on subsidizing Planned Parenthood, Solyndra and other failed green energy companies, NPR and PBS, Cowboy Poetry. The left doesn't consider those subsidies. They call them investments.
Okay, how is it that PBS is an investment when it only benefits a small amount of our population while oil is not an investment when it benefits most everybody? I never got that.
You are the only person I have ever heard say that. You should stick with speaking for yourself and let others speak for themselves.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13975 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Teabaggers demanding small government and holding signs that say "Keep your hands off my Medicare" aren't hypocrites.
No they aren't. They were FORCED to pay into a system whether they approved of it or not. Why is it hypocritical that they get back what they were promised their entire lives while funding the program? It's not like they had a choice. If there was an option, and they chose a private insurance company to take care of them in their golden years, and then demanded their Medicare, that would be hypocrisy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13976 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. They were FORCED to pay into a system whether they approved of it or not. Why is it hypocritical that they get back what they were promised their entire lives while funding the program? It's not like they had a choice. If there was an option, and they chose a private insurance company to take care of them in their golden years, and then demanded their Medicare, that would be hypocrisy.
While they bitch about people getting unemployment.

I pay taxes. If someday I need food stamps like your buddy Pops did, didn't I pay for that? You and the teabaggers only care about "big government" when government helps other people. When it helps you, you are entitled to it. Hypocrites.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13977 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say they were not getting a fair shake? Sure they are, but so is every other company domestically or internationally.
Subsidies are write-offs; no different than a mortgage deduction on your home, or perhaps a medical deduction if you're paying a lot of medical expenses. You can't single out one or two companies based on how much they earn or how much you dislike them and say they should be treated differently than my widget company.
Tax time is around the corner which means hours of calculation work on my part. I am calculating my subsidy. I have to add up all those expenses it takes to run my business so I can deduct them from my gross profit. Mortgage interest deductions, water and sewer deductions, property tax deductions, second mortgage interest rate deductions, house insurance deductions, maintenance and repair deductions, city inspection and occupancy fee deductions. I am being subsidized by our federal government.
You're damn right you are and I am tired of carrying your ass.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13978 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you think your "subsidy" is in any way proportional to what Oil gets, you are even more of a fool than I had you pegged for.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13979 Nov 19, 2012
standing firm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes oil companies do control the price, idiot. Who controls the supply? You are royally retarded.
For the short bus people:

Oil supply is generally the same. It's the usage that changes. Usage varies based on production. Supply is sometimes interrupted by oil rig fires, refinery shut-downs, Obama, or oil line leaks. But in general, oil is pretty steady.

There is only one major player when it comes to reduced oil production: OPEC. OPEC does intentionally alter prices by reducing output. Oil companies have no control of that.

In the US, we have an administration that prints Monopoly money. When that happens, it weakens the value of the US dollar. When the US dollar is weakened, it takes more US dollars to buy a commodity. When the US dollar is strong, it may only take $75.00 to buy a barrel of oil. When it is weakened, it takes $87.00 to buy that same barrel of oil.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13980 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
While they bitch about people getting unemployment.
I pay taxes. If someday I need food stamps like your buddy Pops did, didn't I pay for that? You and the teabaggers only care about "big government" when government helps other people. When it helps you, you are entitled to it. Hypocrites.
No, that's not the conservative stance. Food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, even HUD are all fine programs provided that they are not abused or used as a lifestyle. That's what Republicans complain about. You will find few conservatives who say we should end all social programs for every single individual.

The problem is that Democrats want to see more government dependents because it means more likely Democrat voters. And when Republicans object, the left lies as usual and says because we want to end abuse, we want all social programs eliminated.

Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13981 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil supply is generally the same. It's the usage that changes. Usage varies based on production. Supply is sometimes interrupted by oil rig fires, refinery shut-downs, Obama, or oil line leaks. But in general, oil is pretty steady.
There is only one major player when it comes to reduced oil production: OPEC. OPEC does intentionally alter prices by reducing output. Oil companies have no control of that.
In the US, we have an administration that prints Monopoly money. When that happens, it weakens the value of the US dollar. When the US dollar is weakened, it takes more US dollars to buy a commodity. When the US dollar is strong, it may only take $75.00 to buy a barrel of oil. When it is weakened, it takes $87.00 to buy that same barrel of oil.
The world according to Rush.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13982 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're damn right you are and I am tired of carrying your ass.
Well I'm tired of paying for Big Bird and Planned Parenthood. Do we have a deal?

Like all so-called subsidies, if I don't get those write-offs, I have to increase my rental rates for my tenants to make up that loss. Most renters are not well-to-do people. Why would you want to make it harder for them to survive? That's typical of you heartless liberals.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13983 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The world according to Rush.
Nope, it's the world of being a commodity investor for several years. When you make investments with your own money, you do a lot of leg work to protect your investment and to insure you understand what you're investing in. Even Rush has been inaccurate on this subject many times.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#13984 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are simple.
Fantastic reply Batman!! or is that; Fantastic reply batty one.

//
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#13985 Nov 19, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are simple.
Simple doesn't necessarily mean stupid. In this case it means NOT complicated. You are not complicated.
grow some gray matter dude.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#13986 Nov 19, 2012
Looks like the unions are fighting a good fight at Hostess. Seems some bloated CEO's are gonna have to earn those bonuses for once.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#13987 Nov 19, 2012
Man, it is obvious by the numbers that the economy is heading in the right direction. You guys need to ignore what you have been taught by propaganda for so many years and help make this country great again. There is a way to make everyone win. It would take both sides to see that. Just in our infrastructure alone there is huge job potential and huge money to be made. The upcoming health care shortage brought on by baby boomers is an incredible opportunity for America to rise above it's global competitors. People need to come out of their end times Bible bunkers and lend a hand to these things. Who cares if gays want to marry? We've got whole cites to rebuild and if we don't take disaster and turn it into opportunity, we will end up being an army for hire economy. As far as caring about the environmental damage caused by the energy industry, this is done out of a rock solid belief that younger generations deserve better than a bunch of old money telling them that they don't get a turn at bat because they are so important that only the end of the world and the return of Jesus can sum up their greatness.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13988 Nov 19, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two questions that apply to mine, Che's and your posts re oil.
Do Oil Companies receive subsidies from our tax dollars to the tune of 4 Billion dollars? Yes.

Are Oil companies raking in Record PROFITS, Not GROSS, but PROFITS?
YES.
Also don't believe the crap about them spending exhorbitant amounts of money on Green Rnergy exploration.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13989 Nov 19, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
Man, it is obvious by the numbers that the economy is heading in the right direction. You guys need to ignore what you have been taught by propaganda for so many years and help make this country great again. There is a way to make everyone win. It would take both sides to see that. Just in our infrastructure alone there is huge job potential and huge money to be made. The upcoming health care shortage brought on by baby boomers is an incredible opportunity for America to rise above it's global competitors. People need to come out of their end times Bible bunkers and lend a hand to these things. Who cares if gays want to marry? We've got whole cites to rebuild and if we don't take disaster and turn it into opportunity, we will end up being an army for hire economy. As far as caring about the environmental damage caused by the energy industry, this is done out of a rock solid belief that younger generations deserve better than a bunch of old money telling them that they don't get a turn at bat because they are so important that only the end of the world and the return of Jesus can sum up their greatness.
You tell em. Nut up or shut up. If they want to be a part of this Nation through good times and bad then pitch in, stop whining like little bitches and get to work. If not, you don't have what it takes anyway, so go secede with all the other quitters and get on the forkin' boat and get the fork out. Goodbye.
socialite liaison

Marysville, OH

#13990 Nov 19, 2012
baerries a coward..........Baby!

Since: Aug 12

United States

#13991 Nov 19, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell em. Nut up or shut up. If they want to be a part of this Nation through good times and bad then pitch in, stop whining like little bitches and get to work. If not, you don't have what it takes anyway, so go secede with all the other quitters and get on the forkin' boat and get the fork out. Goodbye.
I can just imagine PIGH as the lead hamster in the boat of hamsters in that tv commercial....
"Row!!!! Row!!!! Row!!!! Row!!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengal VIP tix, worth it? 16 min Traveling your way 1
Ku Klux Klan rally nears for Northern Kentucky 4 hr car007 2
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 4 hr car007 103
Brian Kirn (Jul '09) 7 hr Bweil 4
IHMC and law enforcement Thu car007 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Vote For Donald Trump Thu Sensible American 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynchburg Mortgages