Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31802 Jul 22, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It was, I feel it everyday but earned a real good living from it. One thing I don't do is cry about it and look for pity.
Skilled trades are nothing to be ashamed of, and pride of workmanship is to be commended.

Skilled trades are vanishing from this country, and it is a shame.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31803 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I possess the ability, and wasting it on you is not going to occur.
That's a classic. "I could tell you, but I won't."
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31804 Jul 22, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>That might impress your cradle robbing MommaTeacher, but the rest of us don't really care...
Impress?

I was late to the game by 3 years. All my fellow dock neighbors already had a jet ski, and most have 2 or more.

My rank in comparison to fellow dock mates is under 50%.

Due to my work ethic and ambition I earn above average income, but fall far behind those who I consider really successful.

I set my sights high as a goal for achievement.

Just because you lack ambition and are jealous is not my problem. Because you are a troll I love rubbing it in your face.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31805 Jul 22, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a classic. "I could tell you, but I won't."
classic is that you need to be told.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31806 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Impress?
I was late to the game by 3 years. All my fellow dock neighbors already had a jet ski, and most have 2 or more.
My rank in comparison to fellow dock mates is under 50%.
Due to my work ethic and ambition I earn above average income, but fall far behind those who I consider really successful.
I set my sights high as a goal for achievement.
Just because you lack ambition and are jealous is not my problem. Because you are a troll I love rubbing it in your face.
Very nice post until the last sentence.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31807 Jul 22, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Very nice post until the last sentence.
Good point.

But honestly who cares if I hurt a trolls feelings?

They have no problem with insults pointed at me, and when I can rub chit in their face it makes me smile.

Sorry if I offended you. My apologies to you.
ino

Waverly, OH

#31808 Jul 22, 2014
YAHOOOO !!!!
YIPPEEE!!!!!
HAPPY !!!!!
A federal appeals court panel in the District struck down a major part of the 2010 health-care law Tuesday, ruling that the tax subsidies that are central to the program may not be provided in at least half of the states.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31809 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama being elected has only stagnated economic growth in America.
And yet, the stock market continues to reach new highs. What metric are you using?

You do remember that the stock market crash happened before Obama took office, right?
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.....the average american family has lost $5000 of annual income under Obama.
When George W. Bush took office in 2001, real (inflation adjusted) median household income stood at $54,766. When he left office it was at $53,285, and was headed downward.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M...

The most recent numbers (May 2014) show the real median household income currently at $53,385.

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/upd...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31810 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
But honestly who cares if I hurt a trolls feelings?
They have no problem with insults pointed at me, and when I can rub chit in their face it makes me smile.
Sorry if I offended you. My apologies to you.
I took no personal offense but thanx for the un-needed apology.
You & woo & Canton have your personal conflict that has been going on so long that it really doesn't matter who started it.
Have at it 'gentlemen" Even tho a sad shame, It is some times entertaining
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31811 Jul 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, the stock market continues to reach new highs. What metric are you using?
You do remember that the stock market crash happened before Obama took office, right?
<quoted text>
When George W. Bush took office in 2001, real (inflation adjusted) median household income stood at $54,766. When he left office it was at $53,285, and was headed downward.
The most recent numbers (May 2014) show the real median household income currently at $53,385.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/39/39...

above government link of your own home town demographics say differently.

PS: the great sell off prior to Obama taking office because of fear, had corporations go into preservation mode they currently still reside in. Without all the monopoly money by the fed being poured into the market it would still be in the dumper.

You need to brush up on reality, and lay off the kook aide.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31812 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking about Cincinnati, we are talking about the USA as a whole. I presented my sources, let's see yours.
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>

PS: the great sell off prior to Obama taking office because of fear, had corporations go into preservation mode they currently still reside in.
That's a pretty good trick. The US was already in recession in 2007. Obama wouldn't even be nominated until late August of 2008.
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to brush up on reality, and lay off the kook aide.
Why don't you just present your facts, and lay off the juvenile slogans?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31813 Jul 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking about Cincinnati, we are talking about the USA as a whole. I presented my sources, let's see yours.
<quoted text>
That's a pretty good trick. The US was already in recession in 2007. Obama wouldn't even be nominated until late August of 2008.
<quoted text>
Because he can't.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31814 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Because he can't.
but but but...I posted a government link.

It had cincinnati, and then national on another tab had you been paying attention.

Old guy does not pay attention either.

According to you 2, this is the best the economy has ever been in history, but figures don't lie, and liars figure spin wins.

maybe you need to look further, and not listen to NPR for news. Remember your news sites must be subsidized or they can't remain open.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31815 Jul 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
maybe if you re-visited the posted link you could find the tab to national numbers.

why don't you pay attention, and not spin your adolescent opinions here as fact?.

My source was the united states government.

Why do you want to ignore your own city?.....you embarrassed a third live in poverty?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31816 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
but but but...I posted a government link.
It had cincinnati, and then national on another tab had you been paying attention.
Old guy does not pay attention either.
According to you 2, this is the best the economy has ever been in history, but figures don't lie, and liars figure spin wins.
maybe you need to look further, and not listen to NPR for news. Remember your news sites must be subsidized or they can't remain open.
The link you posted had national figures on it? You might want to take another look. You would think that you would be right about something once just by accident.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31817 Jul 22, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.....the average american family has lost $5000 of annual income under Obama.
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to ignore your own city?.....you embarrassed a third live in poverty?
I'd like to keep talking about your original assertion "the average american family has lost $5000 of annual income under Obama."

As I demonstrated above, you were wrong on a simple factual matter --- one that was easy to check. Then, rather than respond directly, you try to deflect the argument to something unrelated. That diversion might work for you occasionally in real time conversation, but it doesn't play well here. Here we have a record of everything that is said. We can always go back and look at exactly what the other person said.

I think that you know that your original assertion is wrong. You seem smart enough to read a table, and understand it. And yet you are unwilling to admit it.

If your hope is to somehow deceive us with easily checked lies, obvious evasions, or juvenile insults, you are sadly mistaken. You only make yourself look bad.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31818 Jul 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'd like to keep talking about your original assertion "the average american family has lost $5000 of annual income under Obama."
As I demonstrated above, you were wrong on a simple factual matter --- one that was easy to check. Then, rather than respond directly, you try to deflect the argument to something unrelated. That diversion might work for you occasionally in real time conversation, but it doesn't play well here. Here we have a record of everything that is said. We can always go back and look at exactly what the other person said.
I think that you know that your original assertion is wrong. You seem smart enough to read a table, and understand it. And yet you are unwilling to admit it.
If your hope is to somehow deceive us with easily checked lies, obvious evasions, or juvenile insults, you are sadly mistaken. You only make yourself look bad.
This is the guy who went on for days about how his 40 plus lawyers had made him an overseas corporation who would never pay a penny of income tax again and then has spent the subsequent two years bragging about how much income tax he pays. There's a little more going on there than stubbornness.
shooting blanks stepson

Peebles, OH

#31819 Jul 22, 2014
Clark Griswald
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31820 Jul 22, 2014
ino wrote:
YAHOOOO !!!!
YIPPEEE!!!!!
HAPPY !!!!!
A federal appeals court panel in the District struck down a major part of the 2010 health-care law Tuesday, ruling that the tax subsidies that are central to the program may not be provided in at least half of the states.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...
We won the battle but not the war. There could be two more appeals processes involved before all is said and done. But it is going in the right direction. Another newspaper smack on the snoot of big ears and it is funny.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31821 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Why does it make you feel better to cling to your false premise that everyone who disagrees with you is on welfare?
I think its because if you accept the other possibility as true, that the people who refuse to do your job are people who are smarter, better educated, and have better jobs than you, it destroys your Rush Limbaugh fantasy life that you really could have been something if the darn Obama had never been elected.
No, disagreeing with me is just part of it.

I go to Topix quite a bit when the weather is crappy like when it rains or during the winter, and it seems that no liberals work. How can that be???? Are they all smarter and better educated?

It seems to me I'm one of the few people that have a job on Topix. Everybody else? Independently wealthy, has a business at home, retired..........

I can understand one or two perhaps, but all of them?

Next is the political stance those so-called successful people take. I mean, if a person worked themselves to a point where they no longer have to work, why would they side with a party that wants to take more of what they have and give it to those that don't want to achieve anything in life? It just doesn't make sense, or as Cantoon said frequently "Voting against your own interest."

So I ask myself, why would these successful people want more government in their lives? After all, if truly successful, government didn't make them that way, they made themselves that way, and that includes getting government out of the way if anything.

However, it would make sense if a person with such a political position needed government for something outside of what the Constitution grants citizens. After all, successful people don't need government for anything, government dependents need government for just about everything. It would make sense those people would be behind a larger government. The larger the government, the more government can give them.

I have successful people in my family. I have millionaires in my family. I know what aggression it took for them to be successful. Lots of hard work, money, taking huge risks and education. Most successful people look down on those who did nothing for themselves or even tried. They are not willing to open up their wallets and purse and say "Take what you need! You didn't feel like working, well I did, so here you go!!"

Most successful people feel government is a hindrance and not a help. Government isn't paving the way, government is getting in the way. Liberalism is rewarding the irresponsible while punishing the responsible. And I don't know of many irresponsible successful people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 45 min Congregation Times 19,913
WLW Radio Military Advisor Colonel Twittle will... 5 hr Gorilla Gluee 7
CINCINatI is TOO ANTI-gay (Jun '09) 12 hr jessi Haynes 110
benzos 12 hr jessi Haynes 2
Randy Hibbs jr. (May '14) Wed marty griffin 6
colette draeger May 19 linnie_murphy2 2
Where to get electronics help May 18 Dude 2
More from around the web

Lynchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]