Looking for information on old Zanol Products Company from Cincinnati.

Posted in the Lynchburg Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Elaine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Arthur Nahatis wrote:
<quoted text>
I collect Zanol items for my 87 yr old father who sold them in the 30's
Please contact me as I would be interested in buying this tiem.
SIncerely
Arthur Nahatis
anahatis@sbcglobal.net
Ijust found a 1,000.00 money back guarantee from the Zanol Company.
The paper is signed and notarized by Albert Mills President.
It is dated Oct. 3d. 1921.
We are restoring a fort from the late 1700's and it was in the walls of the newer part of the house.
NewTiques

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

I have a clear glass Zanol screw top (top missing) bottle that says "quality first" in great condition. Anyone interested in it??
please view at: newtiques.net
chris

Belmont, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

i found a 1936 president club certificate signed by albert mills president made out to charles h auspach
Volvelle collector

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

I just purchased a volvelle (circular chart) that has the title Zanol Meal Planner. You pick a particular main course--beef stew, Swiss steak, fried chicken to name a few on the wheel--and the wheel gives you choices of various full menus you serve with it--what type of potatoes, vegetable and dessert. It's pretty funny to think of creamed tuna fish being served along side cauliflower with Hollandaise sauce and fruit gelatin salad. It has insignias for both Zanol and American Products Co. It has a 1933 copyright notice and a stamp of "Your Zanol Dealer" H.L. Spencer in Bremerton WN.(I assume Wisconsin) Hope this helps anyone who is interested.
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

I tore down an old house in Milton-Freewater, OR a few years ago and found in the attic an old Zanol Products catalog. It does have a lot of really neat things in it which I wish I could order! I suspect it's from the late 30's. I'd like to sell it. contact me at <gpetersen@my180.net>
Judy Bradshaw

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

I was going through some old memorabilia today and found the Zanol suitcase that my great grandmother carried when she sold Zanol products door to door in Lafayette, Indiana. In the top of the suitcase there is an official 'Guarantee of Satisfaction' paper with a raised seal that would show the customer that they were an honorable company. On the bottom it says American Products Co. by Albert Mills, President. The certificate was executed in Cincinnati, Ohio. I would love to know what happened to the company.
Gary

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

I have an old bottle of LaBara Cold Cream. It has "Zanol Products, Cincinnati" on the label. Interested in finding out more about this item and the company
dlsmith

Mount Airy, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

recently found an old bottle which is of clear glass has "Zanol The better way to buy" embossed on the front. Anyone have any info on this bottle?
Tommy J

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

A few years ago my son, while installing air conditioning in a historic Charleston, SC home found: Sales brochure for "Secrets of Making Liquors at Home, Concentrated Extracts." Testimonial page on back cover dates brochure 1909. ZANOL trade mark name on cover. The info matches what matches Greg's post dated Sep 10, 09. All of there "Booze" products (flavors) are listed along with order blank. References to Prohibition within book. Brochure is 3" X 6". Excellent condition.
Susan Zanol

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

My last name is Zanol. There are only three people with this last name in the world as far as I know. Was Zanol Products named after the owner? I am curious as it is such an unusual name.
Ann

Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Greg wrote:
I just bought two ZANOL viles(little test tubes),one you add to moonshine and water to get Apple Brandy,the other is Whiskey.Pretty neat little things,there still sealed with a cork and then sealed with wax.Got them on E-bay.
Says "Universal Import Co. Cincinnati,Ohio" on the bottom label.
If you wouldn't mind can I ask how much did you buy the viles for?
Jeff E

Vincennes, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

While metal detecting in Farmersburg Indiana on July 4th 2011 at my great granfathers old homestead I dug up an old tooth paste tube with the Zanol label on it. It says: Tooth Paste for beautifying the teeth. It has an Accredited by the American Dental Association logo on the front. It is cream colored with dark blue lettering. My Great Grandparents lived there back in the the 1930's and 40's. The house is gone now and only some of the foundation remains in the woods. I was curious as well about the company and found it very interesting to read everyone's posts on this old turn of the century company.
jeanne

Rockland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

just found the bottom of a Zanol jar in the surf at low tide in Rockland, ME.
Cheri

Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

I have 12 bottles of ZANOL Whip-aid I found in my Granny's basement years ago. Most are almost full, and many have complete front ant back labels.
Cheri Washington State

Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

just posted and not sure why it says bullhead City AZ on the posting. I live in WA state.
Cheri Washington State

Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Volvelle collector wrote:
I just purchased a volvelle (circular chart) that has the title Zanol Meal Planner. You pick a particular main course--beef stew, Swiss steak, fried chicken to name a few on the wheel--and the wheel gives you choices of various full menus you serve with it--what type of potatoes, vegetable and dessert. It's pretty funny to think of creamed tuna fish being served along side cauliflower with Hollandaise sauce and fruit gelatin salad. It has insignias for both Zanol and American Products Co. It has a 1933 copyright notice and a stamp of "Your Zanol Dealer" H.L. Spencer in Bremerton WN.(I assume Wisconsin) Hope this helps anyone who is interested.
That would be BREMERTON WASHINGTON.:)
James in Florida

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Kelleen wrote:
I have a leather suite case "like item" that maybe the sales rep carried with the word Zanol on the inside. Its what looks like to be advertisement, for when the sales rep opened the case it would look offical with raised seals and certificate type of documents. I can not find anything further about the company.
Good luck if you want to see it I can send photo.
email me, kkittycat3@yahoo.com
Kittycat I would love to see that picture as I think I have one of these cases too!
Roman Smith

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ashley wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the old company Zanol Products Company. They had a Factory in Cincinnati in the early 1900s. They sold home remedies, Cosmetics and Home Specialties through dealers direct to the home. I beleive they were a sister company of American Products Company also of Cincinnati. I can't find any information online about what happend to this company and its products.
M

My mother use to sell zanol products from an old 1928 chevrolette She sold for Blair and Zanol.. The products were good.

Roman
Teresa

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I have a 1941 sellers kit from Zanol everything is in mint condition, along with the flyers and sales catalog. I am looking for information on the kit who would be collecting such a thing?
Arthur from TX

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Teresa wrote:
I have a 1941 sellers kit from Zanol everything is in mint condition, along with the flyers and sales catalog. I am looking for information on the kit who would be collecting such a thing?
I am an avid collector for my now 90 yr old Dad who sold Zanol as a young boy to help assist his immigrant Greek family get settled in America.
He probably has the most complete collection anywhere and I am always looking for additional items for him.
It's his pride and joy.
Please email me to:
thanasi70@hotmail.com
And put Zanol on subject line
Thank you very much.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely
Arthur Nahatis

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lynchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lynchburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lynchburg People Search