Looking for information on old Zanol Products Company from Cincinnati.

Posted in the Lynchburg Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ashley

Jerome, PA

#1 May 6, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to the old company Zanol Products Company. They had a Factory in Cincinnati in the early 1900s. They sold home remedies, Cosmetics and Home Specialties through dealers direct to the home. I beleive they were a sister company of American Products Company also of Cincinnati. I can't find any information online about what happend to this company and its products.
Brian

Buda, TX

#2 Apr 6, 2008
Hey. I live in a very old house in Austin TX. I had to take my front door off because it was out of square. When I did I found a pce of paper, a business card, folded up behind the hinge. I guess the builder had had used this business card as a means of squaring the door. Anyways I unfolded it and its a Business card from Zanol " The American Products Co. " Cincinnati OH.
How it got all the way down here and in my door I have nt a clue. I've been trying to research the company as well and havent really come up with much.
Anyways I thought you may find that interesting.!?! Good luck
Ashley wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the old company Zanol Products Company. They had a Factory in Cincinnati in the early 1900s. They sold home remedies, Cosmetics and Home Specialties through dealers direct to the home. I beleive they were a sister company of American Products Company also of Cincinnati. I can't find any information online about what happend to this company and its products.
Brenda

Madisonville, KY

#3 Apr 12, 2008
Yesterday I bought a milk glass container from an antique store in Corbin Ky. on the bottom was Zanol The American Products Co. I would like to know more about this company and how old this bottle/container is. Thanks...
Kelleen

Arvada, CO

#4 May 20, 2008
I have a leather suite case "like item" that maybe the sales rep carried with the word Zanol on the inside. Its what looks like to be advertisement, for when the sales rep opened the case it would look offical with raised seals and certificate type of documents. I can not find anything further about the company.

Good luck if you want to see it I can send photo.
email me, kkittycat3@yahoo.com
LaVerne Thornton

Montreat, NC

#5 May 30, 2008
I earned money selling Zanol home products in the late forties and early fifties. We were very poor tobacco farmers in Pittsylvania county Va. the money I earned helped me pay my way through Va Tech. Igot a degree in mechanical engineering in 1959
wahoo bob

Wahoo, NE

#6 Jun 21, 2008
I am selling a medal commemorating in 1929 the 22nd anniversary of Zanol/American Products Co. on eBay, posting on June 21, 2008. Nice-looking medal, about the size of a half-dollar. Glad to know more about the company from your site. Thanks.
Eloy

Los Alamos, NM

#7 Jun 24, 2008
Ashley wrote:
I have a Zanol Catalog # 20 copyright 1927.
Catalog cover is black and in excellent condition.
truj_eft@yahoo.com
Lynne from NH

Manchester, NH

#8 Jul 1, 2008
I have an unused Sana-Genic Shaving Brush in its original box and part of the tissue paper claiming "bristles vulcanized in rubber guarenteed" printed on it. The box is blue & beige with one end opened. Does anyone know if this is actually worth anything?
Lynne from NH

Manchester, NH

#9 Jul 1, 2008
I forgot to mention that the shaving brush is a "Zanol" Quality-First Product", according to the box.
Eva from va

AOL

#10 Sep 9, 2008
I am a heavey equipment operator, and today while digging in a really old part of Norfolk, Va., I found a beautiful greenish glass bottle with a cork top that has a metal pouring spout with "Zanol" Product embossed in it. Does anyone have any idea if this is worth anything?(I know for a fact the ground we are digging in is circa 1895.)
Darrell G Sheets

Baltimore, MD

#11 Sep 14, 2008
My mother sold Zanol Starch all over Danville and Madison, West Virginia. In the early 40's and I would have to deliver all of the starch to customers and we were poor family and this helped to buy food and bought materials to make dresses etc. while times were hard this was a big help and I would have to take a wheel barow to the Train Depot and pick up these Items when the Old Steam Engines would make delivery 1 time a day and I always look forward in meeting the steam engine trains when it arrived to pick up our big cartons (5) or more each time. My sister and I were talking about this on the telephone and wonder if this company was out of business or had they moved to a new location. If any one has any information concerning the fate of this company please contact me at 148 OSBORN ROAD, ABERDEEN, MARYLAND 21001
Leroy Dunbar

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2008
I have a 1938 Zanol Products Calender. All 12 Months are intact and the calender is in pretty good condition. Is their a market for old Zanol items?
Also, I am in Central Illinois. Found it under our kitchen cabinets. The house is 100+ years old and the cabinets mid thirties.
choo choo bear

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 7, 2008
they need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys.

becuse these babby cant frigth back?

it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids . they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his chrilden ;

i am truley sorry for your lots
Arthur Nahatis

United States

#14 Oct 31, 2008
Lynne from NH wrote:
I have an unused Sana-Genic Shaving Brush in its original box and part of the tissue paper claiming "bristles vulcanized in rubber guarenteed" printed on it. The box is blue & beige with one end opened. Does anyone know if this is actually worth anything?
Hi there, If this is made by Zanol and has id on it I might be interested in buying.
I collect Zanol items for my Dad who sold them as a young boy to help out the family.
Let me know, please
anahatis@sbcglobal.net
GHOST OF WALTER REILLY

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Jan 2, 2009
Hi I'm Walter Reilly, past distributor of "The Zanol Way" home shopping products in the 1920's. I left my flier with a list of Zanol products for some stoners to find in the basement of my residence at 701 Portage ct in Kalamazoo MI, in the 1990's . The flier list many foods stuffs for shopping at home. the house has since been resold and the flier may very well still be there. I built the house in 1920 and original permits are still in the basement. I'm there there too, and can be spotted on the occasion dreary evening blundering about...
Billy Tinsley

Freeport, FL

#16 Apr 7, 2009
I have a old mantle clock that was given as a award for selling Zanol products. Can anyone help me with dating this item?
Arthur Nahatis

Venus, TX

#17 Jun 17, 2009
Lynne from NH wrote:
I collect Zanol items for my 87 yr old father who sold them in the 30's
Please contact me as I would be interested in buying this tiem.
SIncerely
Arthur Nahatis
anahatis@sbcglobal.net
Greg

Canada

#18 Sep 10, 2009
I just bought two ZANOL viles(little test tubes),one you add to moonshine and water to get Apple Brandy,the other is Whiskey.Pretty neat little things,there still sealed with a cork and then sealed with wax.Got them on E-bay.

Says "Universal Import Co. Cincinnati,Ohio" on the bottom label.
meg

United States

#19 Nov 7, 2009
i bought 2 jade glass shakers one has the lable on the bottom of the shaker ZANOL cinnamon NO.1868 if anyone knows about the shakers please tell me about them i collect jade ware and liked them but cannot find and thing about them on the internet
Pam

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Nov 12, 2009
I have a Zanol Products bottle, looks to be possibly a medicine bottle. Use to have a screw top I think. It also says Cincinnati - New York - Paris on the bottle, has a number 4 on the bottom. Can anyone tell me about this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 55 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,476
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Duh 18,857
No Charges For Farm Owner in Cow Beating Video (Jul '10) 18 hr honesty2010 13
Ashlin Faulkerson (Nov '11) Wed chandra hakes 7
Duke Energy Rip Off (Jul '09) Wed High and Dry in NC 32
man charged $9,000 for emergency room visit for... Aug 26 Suchanekpartners 1
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) Aug 26 hurtforh 65
•••
•••

Lynchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••