Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue needs to...

Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue needs to return dog to his family

Posted in the Lynchburg Forum

SHOCKED

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Feb 13, 2012
Why is this happening? Could someone please explain.
Awful

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Feb 13, 2012
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#1Thursday Feb 9

Was cruising on facebook and noticed this post. I had suspicions that his group had a dark side to them and this is a little overboard!

To Whom It May Concern: PLEASE HELP!!!

My dog, Jack went missing from our fenced-in yard in Ashland, KY on Halloween evening. Immediately, the next morning I contacted the local animal shelter as well as my vet and other local vets to report him missing in case anyone found him or brought him in. Jack has a microchip (Home Again) in him in case of something like this. My girls made up posters of Jack and we posted them throughout the neighborhood in hopes someone would see them. After two months of multiple phone calls and check-ins with the shelter and the vet and no word about him, we had to accept the fact that Jack was probably dead and grieved for him. Last week at school, a friend of my daughter’s told her he had seen Jack on some lady’s Facebook page and when we looked him up, sure enough it was him. I

Continued in comments
Awful

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Feb 13, 2012
Was cruising on facebook and noticed this post. I had suspicions that his group had a dark side to them and this is a little overboard!

To Whom It May Concern: PLEASE HELP!!!

My dog, Jack went missing from our fenced-in yard in Ashland, KY on Halloween evening. Immediately, the next morning I contacted the local animal shelter as well as my vet and other local vets to report him missing in case anyone found him or brought him in. Jack has a microchip (Home Again) in him in case of something like this. My girls made up posters of Jack and we posted them throughout the neighborhood in hopes someone would see them. After two months of multiple phone calls and check-ins with the shelter and the vet and no word about him, we had to accept the fact that Jack was probably dead and grieved for him. Last week at school, a friend of my daughter’s told her he had seen Jack on some lady’s Facebook page and when we looked him up, sure enough it was him. I

Continued in comments
Awful

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Feb 13, 2012
immediately contacted her and told her who I was and that we had been searching for him for two months and missed him dearly and wanted to make arrangements to get him home to us. She responded by saying that she volunteered for Ashland Animal Rescue Fund and had attempted in every possible way to find his owners and when she had no luck doing so, she had him transported to an out-of-state organization in Staten Island, New York…Louie’s Legacy Animal Rescue. Naturally, I was heartbroken but unwilling to give up. I then contacted Louie’s Legacy by email as this was the only contact info given for them with no response. After hours of research from myself as well as a few select friends, we found several contact numbers for Louie’s and tried reaching them by phone. Multiple messages were left but no one would call me back. Late Thursday night on 2/2/12 I wrote a heartfelt letter to Louie’s pleading for someone to contact me about my boy and within a couple of minutes, my post was deleted and I was blocked from their page. I then went to my personal Facebook page and made a plea to my friends to copy & paste my letter to their page thinking that the more people I could get involved, maybe someone would help me. Unfortunately, a few select people decided to ignore my request of reposting my letter and instead made derogatory remarks and threats to Louie’s which only served to upset the situation even more. The following day, I spoke with the head of the AARF foundation here local, the ones that originally had Jack and was told that the overflow of correspondence that came through to Louie’s website the previous evening had infuriated them and they were not only not willing to give Jack back to me but they were going to personally hold me responsible for the remarks/threats made by others and charge me with harrassment. Not one time did I ever threaten nor swear nor so much as raise my voice at anybody throughout this whole ordeal. This person advised me to get an attorney because they weren’t going to help me with anything. The next day, Saturday 2/4/12, I called the Petco in Staten Island, NY to find out that they had my boy up for adoption even though they knew he was mine. Needless to say, I couldn’t believe it! With it being the weekend, I had no choice but to wait until yesterday, Monday 2/6/12 to contact an attorney to help me. After several calls made on my behalf, I received a call this morning 2/7/12 to be told that someone would be contacting me to return my dog. You can imagine how elated I was! Within 10 minutes, I received another call saying that not only were they not really going to return him to me but that they had found him a new home this weekend. I’m heartbroken beyond words as are my children. Jack is not just our dog, he’s our family member. As of right now, I have several people still trying to urge these people to do the right thing….I mean, isn’t this their mission as animal rescuers to reunite these babies with their owners if at all possible? I don’t understand where I went wrong in all of this….anyone that truly loved their pet would stop at nothing to get them safe at home. I’m asking, BEGGING for everyone to PLEASE keep my story circulating because the more people who know what has gone on here, the better my chances of us seeing our boy again will be.

Sincerely,

crious

Proctorville, OH

#8 Dec 20, 2012
when did you move to florida?
Jeff C

Fall River, MA

#10 Dec 29, 2013
Awful wrote:
immediately contacted her and told her who I was and that we had been searching for him for two months and missed him dearly and wanted to make arrangements to get him home to us. She responded by saying that she volunteered for Ashland Animal Rescue Fund and had attempted in every possible way to find his owners and when she had no luck doing so, she had him transported to an out-of-state organization in Staten Island, New York…Louie’s Legacy Animal Rescue. Naturally, I was heartbroken but unwilling to give up. I then contacted Louie’s Legacy by email as this was the only contact info given for them with no response. After hours of research from myself as well as a few select friends, we found several contact numbers for Louie’s and tried reaching them by phone. Multiple messages were left but no one would call me back. Late Thursday night on 2/2/12 I wrote a heartfelt letter to Louie’s pleading for someone to contact me about my boy and within a couple of minutes, my post was deleted and I was blocked from their page. I then went to my personal Facebook page and made a plea to my friends to copy & paste my letter to their page thinking that the more people I could get involved, maybe someone would help me. Unfortunately, a few select people decided to ignore my request of reposting my letter and instead made derogatory remarks and threats to Louie’s which only served to upset the situation even more. The following day, I spoke with the head of the AARF foundation here local, the ones that originally had Jack and was told that the overflow of correspondence that came through to Louie’s website the previous evening had infuriated them and they were not only not willing to give Jack back to me but they were going to personally hold me responsible for the remarks/threats made by others and charge me with harrassment. Not one time did I ever threaten nor swear nor so much as raise my voice at anybody throughout this whole ordeal. This person advised me to get an attorney because they weren’t going to help me with anything. The next day, Saturday 2/4/12, I called the Petco in Staten Island, NY to find out that they had my boy up for adoption even though they knew he was mine. Needless to say, I couldn’t believe it! With it being the weekend, I had no choice but to wait until yesterday, Monday 2/6/12 to contact an attorney to help me. After several calls made on my behalf, I received a call this morning 2/7/12 to be told that someone would be contacting me to return my dog. You can imagine how elated I was! Within 10 minutes, I received another call saying that not only were they not really going to return him to me but that they had found him a new home this weekend. I’m heartbroken beyond words as are my children. Jack is not just our dog, he’s our family member. As of right now, I have several people still trying to urge these people to do the right thing….I mean, isn’t this their mission as animal rescuers to reunite these babies with their owners if at all possible? I don’t understand where I went wrong in all of this….anyone that truly loved their pet would stop at nothing to get them safe at home. I’m asking, BEGGING for everyone to PLEASE keep my story circulating because the more people who know what has gone on here, the better my chances of us seeing our boy again will be.
Sincerely,
Has anything new developed on this? I am very interested because I would like to know more about how forthright this organization is,- I have adopted from them. I never had a problem contacting the, but some information they gave was not complete. Your post is really disturbing to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have Negro Fatigue?. 41 min Grim reaper 9
Blacks cry racism after Black GoRilla shot at zoo. 48 min Grim reaper 10
Michelle Gregg 50 min Grim reaper 21
Gorilla kids mom owes everyone an apology 1 hr Paulette 2
Parents of ]\[iglet who fell into Gorilla pen h... 2 hr Gracias 4
WLW Attorney Lisa Wells Framed 2 hr Perc Junkie 2
I ate out a hooker! 3 hr Gracias 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynchburg Mortgages