Tuition at most Ohio universities to rise again

Jul 20, 2014 Full story: WLWT-TV Cincinnati

Most of the universities chose to boost tuition as much as state limits would allow this year: 2 percent or $188, whichever is higher.

Full Story
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jul 20, 2014
Why not? They aren't about education, they are about self employment & revenue.
Universities compete with each other for size & private trust & endowments.
We do need many fields with collage degrees but plumbers, engine mechanics, carpenters, etc etc do not need degrees. NOW some college grads wait tables, tend bar, build homes & have useless school loans to pay off.
I have a college student son that has told me that every year, his classes get larger, from 30 or so students to 50 or so students & still have the same one professor. That would be a 'hidden' increase in income for the college before the tuition increase.
Are you kidding me

Galion, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2014
Once again something subsidized by the government becomes unaffordable for the middle class. Schools raise tuitions because enough aid packages will cover it. Meanwhile, middle class kids get screwed. It is the same old story that repeats itself over and over.

If you are middle class, forget college. Send your kid to a vocational high school so they graduate with job skills. Even if they do decide to go to college for something else, they'll have skills to work in a higher paying field to help pay their tuition while attending college.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#3 Jul 21, 2014
College is a scam.$100,000 to show your future employer a line on your résumé that states you attended school for a few years? Some of the smartest people I've ever known about barely graduated high school, much less some snooty institution of "higher learning".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 19,553
Culture Rant 5 hr Simplyd 1
Message and or Shaving Service 23 hr mike0u812 2
Taboo, kink, forbidden loving females.... looki... Dec 18 WARNING 3
Rose Gilbert is dead Dec 18 gravy 4
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) Dec 17 Christa Eldridge 82
martinsville village Dec 17 CDF131 1
Lynchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web