Is Ohio next on right-to-work battlef...

Is Ohio next on right-to-work battlefront?

There are 183 comments on the WKYC-TV story from Dec 12, 2012, titled Is Ohio next on right-to-work battlefront?. In it, WKYC-TV reports that:

As neighboring Michigan became the 24th state Tuesday to enact laws that prohibit agreements requiring workers to join a union or pay dues, Ohio groups that support the laws say the Buckeye State has to follow suit or watch jobs leave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#185 Jul 7, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>So you pay dues to an organization that protects your rights to work as little as possible, gets waivers from Obama care & call anyone that is non-union whatever names that you want when all anyone wants to do is take care of their families.
Another class of underachieving 'government union' non-workers are often welfare recipients whose numbers have nearly doubled across the board in the last 5-7 yrs. Watch your taxes grow to pay for such just like you union dues grow to pay graft.
Exactly.
politicalshyguy

Taylor, MI

#186 Jul 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
RTW states have lower unemployment than union states. They have more jobs available although some of those jobs don't pay what they do in union states. But I look at it this way: I would rather have lower paying jobs available than no jobs at all.

Our company lost customer after customer because of unions and state expenses such as workman's compensation. If we were a RTW state the last ten years or so with leadership like Kasich, I would bet many of those companies would still be here. But no. They left to go south or out of the country altogether just to escape expenses like unions.

Some people still don't get it. If you want to catch a mouse, you have to use bait such as cheese. No company wants to be in a state where they have massive debt and unions that will eat away at company profit.
Well said and exactly right !
GAGA

Anonymous Proxy

#387 Aug 28, 2013
NEVER IN THEIR LIVES TO HELL AND BACK

READ HERE

http://goo.gl/HgD9fw

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man With World's Worst Forehead Tattoo Is Arres... 2 hr OneWomynRiot 3
who's taking our children Mon POPS 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Pedro 21,284
Boycott Waynesville! (Nov '16) Oct 15 Tim 16
News Sex, lies cost doctor license for two years (Nov '08) Oct 12 Guest 21
Remove Fountain Square ? Oct 12 Richard 2
Tessah Carter Oct 9 Cincydude 7

Lynchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lynchburg Mortgages