If you dont like it, leave.

Posted in the Lynch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Sitting here at my desk amusing myself reading the grumblings on Topix about how life is so unfair that poor little Georgetown is so worse off with a plant that generates millions to the local economy.
Oh they fuss about how much better Georgetown was before Toyota arrived and how they wish they could go back to the way it was before.
It frustrates them that the only jobs they can get with their G.E.D. entails bolting something to a car in some dark corner that no one cares about.
Inspirations crushed by laziness as they realize the only other job in town is at the local Wal-Mart handing out carts to the Scroggins that come in once a month to stock up on baby formula and Doritos.
Oh wait, almost forgot the new Super Kroger. So wish that would have been in place 18 years ago when I came to this shit hole of a town. How life may have been different considering you usually have a better class of people at Kroger’s than Wal-Mart.
Well, I have bored quickly thinking of these plebeians dismay. I think I will go check my account balance to see if I want to buy a new vehicle this month or wait until next month.
I will leave one final thought for all who may peruse this post. Would it not be easier to move out all the trailers from the parks, and the people that inhabit them than to try and close a plant?
Just then maybe we get some more so called “Northerners” to move in and we could see a real community here.
Good Day
Come on man

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jan 29, 2013
You are even worse than those you complain about. You think you have hit the big time because you have a factory job that you will toil at the rest of your life. You only think you have it good because you live in Kentucky and can only compare yourself to others that make min wage. Come down to Cumberland lake sometime and look at one of the 5000, half million dollar houseboats owners that own a business and laugh at your peasant job and life, much the same way you are laughing at others for not wanting to better themselves! You could find them there mon thru Friday but you will be working in a factory
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Funny,
I really dont recall any posts in these forums complaining about the people who put houseboats on Cumberland.
Never have seen one saying wish these people would all go away because that would make our lives better.
I am at the place in life that I worked for and made plans to be here. When I retire, I will be in another place.
Extremely happy with my life.

As for yourself friend. You have attacked a poster instead of the subject,even worse you have fed a troll. Which I openly admit I am. Visit these forums because you amuse me.

In other words you have failed at simple debate and have done exactly what I wanted.
So who is the peasant here?

Good Day
trollfeeding

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jan 29, 2013
At the risk of feeding the troll I must admit that while he is being a tool he does have a point. People complain about Toyota bringing the trash to Georgetown when I think they should probably talk about the farmers that pay illegal immigrants to work for them. Those shady trailer parks are sure not full of people making 40 to 70 grand a year.
lol

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
Funny,
I really dont recall any posts in these forums complaining about the people who put houseboats on Cumberland.
Never have seen one saying wish these people would all go away because that would make our lives better.
I am at the place in life that I worked for and made plans to be here. When I retire, I will be in another place.
Extremely happy with my life.

As for yourself friend. You have attacked a poster instead of the subject,even worse you have fed a troll. Which I openly admit I am. Visit these forums because you amuse me.

In other words you have failed at simple debate and have done exactly what I wanted.
So who is the peasant here?

Good Day
neither have i seen anyone attacking people with houseboats? you fail miserably at comprehension.
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#6 Jan 30, 2013
@LOL
I would suggest you read what has already been written.
The comparison between factory workers and houseboat owners was stated above.
seek help

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
Your own admission that you frequent Topix to find people over whom you can win a debate tells us that you're not actually interested in an intellectual challenge, but are instead interested only in making yourself feel smarter and more powerful.

That you choose to do so in an arena that you feel doesn't pose much of a threat tells us that you're actually quite insecure about your own intellectual capabilities. You did not, after all, choose to troll a Mensa forum.

Moreover, telling yourself that you only come here for "amusement" is clearly a rationalization indicating that you are, at least on some level, aware -- and somewhat ashamed -- of why you're REALLY here, which of course is to try and make yourself feel better at the expense of others.

What I believe is that, despite your claims of happiness, you're actually very unhappy with your life at the moment, and the quickest way for you to gain a much needed boost in self esteem was to come here and attempt to dominate those whom you're counting on being of lesser intellectual capacity than yourself.

In short, you're a sad little coward.

Most everyone who read your initial post probably knew that intuitively, of course, but I felt it might do you some good to read WHY doing what you've done is a clear sign that you are, indeed, a sad little coward, so that perhaps you could begin to engage in a little meaningful self evaluation -- and perhaps even get some help.
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Jan 30, 2013
@seekhelp
I humbly bow to your clearly superior intellect.
That you are able to extract so much verifiable information from such a few short words amazes me.
Then to present your hypothesis with such conviction! You are a true champion of the under dog.
I can’t help to wonder though. Did you base your analysis on things that you see within yourself?
For it seems brother. You are doing the same thing that you are so admittedly convicting me of.
Thank you for the moments entertainment.
Good Day
Lol

Georgetown, KY

#9 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
@LOL
I would suggest you read what has already been written.
The comparison between factory workers and houseboat owners was stated above.
I have performed as you requested and still fail to comprehend any COMPLAINTS of houseboat owners. Seems you conveniently have changed the wording to "comparison" in order to validate your argument
Barbara

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2013
You sit high on you horse there guy! You talk to the less fortunate as if they are peasants. Shame on you! Not everyone chose the life they are living. I do think Toyota is great and does contribute to the community in many ways. The "trailer park" I live there! I once lived a wealthier life too and believe me it can change. Be careful what you do and say because they are powerful.
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#11 Jan 30, 2013
@lol

"Come down to Cumberland lake sometime and look at one of the 5000, half million dollar houseboats owners that own a business and laugh at your peasant job and life"

To me this statement implies that owners of said houseboats laugh at persons who are employed in a factory. Even though I imagine that they would have something better to do.

"I really dont recall any posts in these forums complaining about the people who put houseboats on Cumberland.
Never have seen one saying wish these people would all go away because that would make our lives better."

My intention here was to state that I have never read a post complaining about houseboat owners.(implying those that are well off)
A quick search of this forum will show multiple posts complaining about Toyota workers and the desire for the plant and its workers to just go away.

If my wording was off, or my intentions not clear enough. I do apologize.
I am not so far beyond reproach that I fail to realize my mastery of the English language could not use polish.

But on the same note, if this forum would contain multiple posts against persons who own house boats or whatever kind of boat.
I would place them in the same category as the sad little people who complain about Toyota.

seek help

Louisville, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
@seekhelp
I humbly bow to your clearly superior intellect.
That you are able to extract so much verifiable information from such a few short words amazes me.
Then to present your hypothesis with such conviction! You are a true champion of the under dog.
I can’t help to wonder though. Did you base your analysis on things that you see within yourself?
For it seems brother. You are doing the same thing that you are so admittedly convicting me of.
Thank you for the moments entertainment.
Good Day
I hope one day you come to learn just how predictable your reaction really was.

You see, your immediate response was to try to attribute your flaws back to me, since -- as I pointed out earlier -- you seem to possess no method by which to assess your own value other than by scrutinizing and pointing out the flaws of others. Therefore, it really only makes sense that your gut response would be to try and bring me down to your level to keep from feeling too badly about yourself.

With no other coping mechanisms available to you, what choice did you really have but to respond as you did?

However, on a more positive note, attempting to bring me down to your level and assign me your flaws actually indicates a tacit acknowledgement of those flaws, which is encouraging. It tells me that you're capable of introspection -- albeit obviously somewhat limited.

If you were to seek counseling, I'm sure a good therapist could help you build on your ability to accept criticism and help you learn to channel it into something more positive than...well, this.

Good luck in your quest to improve your mental health! I sincerely wish you all the best!
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#14 Jan 30, 2013
seek help wrote:
<quoted text>
However, on a more positive note, attempting to bring me down to your level and assign me your flaws actually indicates a tacit acknowledgement of those flaws, which is encouraging. It tells me that you're capable of introspection -- albeit obviously somewhat limited.
Have I hit a nerve?
The elusive chink in the armor that makes you feel like you must rush to write such eloquent responses to a forum troll?
I admitted openly that I have come here for my own amusement and to stir the proverbial pot.
But you brother, your long winded writings are nothing more than name calling which lost all merit in the first childish mudslinging, let’s see what the comment was? Oh yes, Coward something or other. Once again I stand by my original statement and can’t help to wonder what it is that you see in the mirror?
Are you neighbors with our friend Barbara up above? Did you live the good life and loose it all to overspending, divorce or health reasons? Maybe it was alcoholism? Or were you one of the unfortunate ones who grew up not knowing who your father was? Was mother selling herself to pay for her habit? I have to ask this as it is typical for the citizens of your fine town.
Granted, based entirely on your diagnosis of my mental health, you seem to have an education. Your family must be very proud of you. Do you show them these posts? Like a child who is happy to have a picture hung on the refrigerator?
I must thank you though. You have given me what I came here for once again, so very predictable.
Good Day
Lol

Georgetown, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I hit a nerve?
The elusive chink in the armor that makes you feel like you must rush to write such eloquent responses to a forum troll?
I admitted openly that I have come here for my own amusement and to stir the proverbial pot.
But you brother, your long winded writings are nothing more than name calling which lost all merit in the first childish mudslinging, let’s see what the comment was? Oh yes, Coward something or other. Once again I stand by my original statement and can’t help to wonder what it is that you see in the mirror?
Are you neighbors with our friend Barbara up above? Did you live the good life and loose it all to overspending, divorce or health reasons? Maybe it was alcoholism? Or were you one of the unfortunate ones who grew up not knowing who your father was? Was mother selling herself to pay for her habit? I have to ask this as it is typical for the citizens of your fine town.
Granted, based entirely on your diagnosis of my mental health, you seem to have an education. Your family must be very proud of you. Do you show them these posts? Like a child who is happy to have a picture hung on the refrigerator?
I must thank you though. You have given me what I came here for once again, so very predictable.
Good Day
Give it up while you're behind.
Lol

Georgetown, KY

#16 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
@lol
"Come down to Cumberland lake sometime and look at one of the 5000, half million dollar houseboats owners that own a business and laugh at your peasant job and life"
To me this statement implies that owners of said houseboats laugh at persons who are employed in a factory. Even though I imagine that they would have something better to do.
"I really dont recall any posts in these forums complaining about the people who put houseboats on Cumberland.
Never have seen one saying wish these people would all go away because that would make our lives better."
My intention here was to state that I have never read a post complaining about houseboat owners.(implying those that are well off)
A quick search of this forum will show multiple posts complaining about Toyota workers and the desire for the plant and its workers to just go away.
If my wording was off, or my intentions not clear enough. I do apologize.
I am not so far beyond reproach that I fail to realize my mastery of the English language could not use polish.
But on the same note, if this forum would contain multiple posts against persons who own house boats or whatever kind of boat.
I would place them in the same category as the sad little people who complain about Toyota.
Allow me to elaborate.... You started the forum stating how great you had life (via Toyota) and went on to criticize everyone else that didn't have life as good as you due to their poor educations and lack of desire. "come on man" then simply pointed out that others (on Cumberland lake) have it much better than you and view you as being uneducated and a failure in life! Point being....people are a product of their environment. A Mexican thinks they hit the Big time working min wage and you think you hit the big time with Toyota.... you are in Kentucky and think Toyota $$ is something big when in reality it's punk change to the rest of the civilized world
2mneissues

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 Jan 30, 2013
"Allow me to elaborate.... You started the forum stating how great you had life (via Toyota)"

@LoL
Not to be rude. But I never said I worked at Toyota. You base this off the fact that I mentioned that I make good money and the location under my name says Georgetown. So I must work at Toyota, so typical of the inhabitants of Georgetown. Easy mistake though.

“you are in Kentucky and think Toyota $$ is something big when in reality it's punk change to the rest of the civilized world”
And the Topix in you begins to show. I knew it wouldn’t be long, A broad statement such as that with no factual proof to back it up. Whom are we comparing to? Another manufacturing city? Dayton Ohio? Detroit Michigan? Or maybe we should look in Canada? Do tell, I would be interested to know what you find.
lol

Tucker, GA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
"Allow me to elaborate.... You started the forum stating how great you had life (via Toyota)"

@LoL
Not to be rude. But I never said I worked at Toyota. You base this off the fact that I mentioned that I make good money and the location under my name says Georgetown. So I must work at Toyota, so typical of the inhabitants of Georgetown. Easy mistake though.

“you are in Kentucky and think Toyota $$ is something big when in reality it's punk change to the rest of the civilized world”
And the Topix in you begins to show. I knew it wouldnÂ’t be long, A broad statement such as that with no factual proof to back it up. Whom are we comparing to? Another manufacturing city? Dayton Ohio? Detroit Michigan? Or maybe we should look in Canada? Do tell, I would be interested to know what you find.
kentucky is next to last in education and 44th in per capita income. pick a state partner. theres a reason toyota put plants in ky, mississippi, indiana and mexico. ill leave it up to you to figure it out. and i dont think its due to access to interstates!:)
seek help

Louisville, KY

#19 Jan 30, 2013
2mneissues wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have to ask because you're having great difficulty figuring it out on your own, and that really bothers you. It bothers you not only because I've figured you out so easily, but also because it's an intellectual challenge you were simply unprepared to face on Topix.
yim yammer

Georgetown, KY

#20 Jan 30, 2013
You should talk less you damn yim yammer! BAHAHAHAHA!
2mneissues wrote:
Sitting here at my desk amusing myself reading the grumblings on Topix about how life is so unfair that poor little Georgetown is so worse off with a plant that generates millions to the local economy.
Oh they fuss about how much better Georgetown was before Toyota arrived and how they wish they could go back to the way it was before.
It frustrates them that the only jobs they can get with their G.E.D. entails bolting something to a car in some dark corner that no one cares about.
Inspirations crushed by laziness as they realize the only other job in town is at the local Wal-Mart handing out carts to the Scroggins that come in once a month to stock up on baby formula and Doritos.
Oh wait, almost forgot the new Super Kroger. So wish that would have been in place 18 years ago when I came to this shit hole of a town. How life may have been different considering you usually have a better class of people at Kroger’s than Wal-Mart.
Well, I have bored quickly thinking of these plebeians dismay. I think I will go check my account balance to see if I want to buy a new vehicle this month or wait until next month.
I will leave one final thought for all who may peruse this post. Would it not be easier to move out all the trailers from the parks, and the people that inhabit them than to try and close a plant?
Just then maybe we get some more so called “Northerners” to move in and we could see a real community here.
Good Day
Jude

Georgetown, KY

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Thats just my life now, house boats and strippers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
you are busted bi*ch 14 min dat 9
scroggins park (Sep '09) 31 min Comment 43
who are the prostitutes 41 min Comment 17
Cumberland Elementary (Oct '16) 3 hr Dumb moms are the... 18
What to do in Gtiwn.. I'm new here... 3 hr NoPervs 39
Who knows this kid Daniel Burton 7 hr Insane 7
dog problem on river road 8 hr larry 1

Lynch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance