Woman leads police on high speed chase

Woman leads police on high speed chase

There are 9 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Jul 14, 2012, titled Woman leads police on high speed chase. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

After leading police on a chase down U.S. 119 with speeds approaching 70 mph, Betty Drew, 60 of Harlan, was arrested and lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

tommy jenkins

Springfield, VA

#1 Jul 14, 2012
What's wrong with driving over 70 mph on route 119? I don't get it.
Halfasscops

United States

#2 Jul 14, 2012
tommy jenkins wrote:
What's wrong with driving over 70 mph on route 119? I don't get it.
I agree the police agencies do it all the time been on that road plenty of times only to be passed by a cruiser going 100 or better they think they are above the law!!
tommy jenkins

Springfield, VA

#3 Jul 14, 2012
Halfasscops wrote:
<quoted text>I agree the police agencies do it all the time been on that road plenty of times only to be passed by a cruiser going 100 or better they think they are above the law!!
If the truth be known, they are probably going to get some doughnuts!
curious

Winchester, KY

#4 Jul 14, 2012
I believe she got pulled over outside of cumberland. As the officer was approaching her car, she pulled out and ran. Then she almost had a headon collision when she crossed the center lane. What if she would have killed someone or killed herself? Yeah i agree about the law speeding up and down 119. But she got pulled over first time for weaving in and out of the road. I think if you break the law, you should have to pay the price. I mean seriously what if she would have hit someone, and badly injured them or even killed them, or their children, then everyone would have a different view. Thank God that didnt happen!
why

United States

#5 Jul 14, 2012
curious wrote:
I believe she got pulled over outside of cumberland. As the officer was approaching her car, she pulled out and ran. Then she almost had a headon collision when she crossed the center lane. What if she would have killed someone or killed herself? Yeah i agree about the law speeding up and down 119. But she got pulled over first time for weaving in and out of the road. I think if you break the law, you should have to pay the price. I mean seriously what if she would have hit someone, and badly injured them or even killed them, or their children, then everyone would have a different view. Thank God that didnt happen!
why was a lynch cop pulling cars over in cumberland.he should have been in lynch doing his job.
Corn dog

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2012
High speed chase ? 70mph Come on....Really ? They shouldve used one of those Hummers and drove over top of her.
really

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2012
yeah must not read the news, she was only dong 60 the whole time!!!
curious

Winchester, KY

#8 Jul 15, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>why was a lynch cop pulling cars over in cumberland.he should have been in lynch doing his job.
What does it matter? She broke the law. I don't know why he was in cumberland pulling cars over. If you want to know the answer,why don't you ask him?. 50, 60, or even 70 miles per hour could have resulted in a fatal crash. Thank God it didn't. When the police do their job, people want to know the answers to why this or why that. SHE BROKE THE LAW! Enough said.
tommy jenkins

Springfield, VA

#9 Jul 15, 2012
I remember a high speed chase of going 25 in a 15 mph zone. I had to attend school so they would not put that on my record. If the woman were reckless, that is one thing; however, I don't think they can really call this a high speed chase (more like a normal speed chase). Some people are fined for going too slow. Sometimes that is a hazard. My idea of high speed is anything over 100 mph. Route 119 is not all that bad; I guess that was my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tom and donna Eldridge 1 hr mama 1
vanessa Eldridge 2 hr mama 4
wig Eldridge 2 hr sara 1
Kelly/Tmmk 3 hr better not say 16
Window tint place on water street 5 hr Gotcha 1
Cheaters (Sep '09) 5 hr Gotcha 62
Who is that chick 6 hr Lhsgen19 3

Lynch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance