justin

United States

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I saw the lease sign come down at the old kroge r building anybody know whats going in their
PlLL BlLLY

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Liquor Barn
PILLBILLY

Georgetown, KY

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Its still a great place to conduct business. Im there quite often.
Wrong

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Kroger controls the buidling, they have final say on who can lease, and they would not allow Liquor Barn.
wrong again

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Wrong wrote:
Kroger controls the buidling, they have final say on who can lease, and they would not allow Liquor Barn.
Krogers no longer owns it. Prefco 19 limited partnership in c/o of cap lease now owns it. Found it on Scott county pva.
information

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jan 13, 2013
I heard Liquor Barn wanted to be in a separate building and where all the traffic flow is. So I heard they were going to build in the area across from new krogers where they are filling in all the dirt. But who knows.....
Wrong

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Yes, but they have control over who that company can lease to.
wrong again

United States

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Wrong wrote:
Yes, but they have control over who that company can lease to.
No, sorry they don't! Who is telling U this ?
Wrong

Georgetown, KY

#9 Jan 13, 2013
I don't want to mention their name, not that it's a secret for them to know or told me something they shouldn't have or anything like that, but you know how Topix is...once someone's name is on here it is drug through the mud!

I'll just say we were talking about it, I mentioned Target as a possibility, and he told me that no business that would be competition to Kroger would be in there because Kroger maintained the rights to block tenants. He could be wrong, but he told me that and he is someone that would know those kinds of things.

We'll just have to wait to see who moves in there, I guess.
wrong again

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Wrong wrote:
I don't want to mention their name, not that it's a secret for them to know or told me something they shouldn't have or anything like that, but you know how Topix is...once someone's name is on here it is drug through the mud!

I'll just say we were talking about it, I mentioned Target as a possibility, and he told me that no business that would be competition to Kroger would be in there because Kroger maintained the rights to block tenants. He could be wrong, but he told me that and he is someone that would know those kinds of things.

We'll just have to wait to see who moves in there, I guess.
Perfeco 19 limited & cap lease have final say & have no obligation to limit who they lease to, even though they do own some of the Kroger properties. They must meet the funding from the banks that actual own it, but I could be wrong, but hope it brings in more business who ever they lease to.
Fun

Duluth, GA

#11 Jan 13, 2013
I wish they would turn the old Kroger into something fun! We need more entertainment in this county.. Even if its a bowling ally..
Shart

Clay City, KY

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Fun wrote:
I wish they would turn the old Kroger into something fun! We need more entertainment in this county.. Even if its a bowling ally..

We have had 2 bowling alleys and both have closed due to no interest. I doubt there's anyone left in Gtown that would finance a 3rd failure.
Fun

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Shart wrote:
<quoted text>
We have had 2 bowling alleys and both have closed due to no interest. I doubt there's anyone left in Gtown that would finance a 3rd failure.
True!!
Real

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jan 14, 2013
Bowling alleys didn't close due to no interest. They closed due to poor ownership and non payment of taxes.
Fun

Duluth, GA

#15 Jan 14, 2013
I think it would go well if they took care of the place.. Lots of lanes and maybe some pool tables and games. Good music an beer lol the one in Lexington seems to be doing well.
Actually

Georgetown, KY

#16 Jan 14, 2013
There is a gay bar being opened in the old Kroger Building. From what I hear it is a firehouse themed bar called Flamers. All the taps will have 12 inch fire hoses, the staff will wear fire helmets, boots, speedos, and fire coats.

Man this town is going to Hell.
FACT

Duluth, GA

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Kroger still has 12 year lease on old building and they are leasing it to Liquor Barn.
Salesman

Mc Lean, VA

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Have also heard through my channels at Liquor Barn corporate that it is likely to become a Liquor Barn. It's not set in stone but very likely.
Paddy

Seattle, WA

#20 Feb 1, 2013
All rumors. Liquor Barn and Liquor Mart both don't like the Gtown taxes (7% above the 6% state sales tax) and are afraid that the locals will not support their business in the long run. Currently, Liquor Barn is focusing on Lagrange.
Future Caregiver

Richmond, KY

#21 Feb 4, 2013
Www.mpp.org/states/kentucky/
There will be a non-profit Compassion Center nearby real soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Pro Union 4 TMMK (Oct '10) 1 hr stop complaining 186
A child died this morning. 1 hr PILLBILLY 10
Cops 1 hr totally agree 4
securitas (Nov '09) 6 hr FED UP 27
Kelly Services Tmmk (Nov '11) 6 hr go big blue 841
Jeff ledford 11 hr Chris 4
John Scott 18 hr Blogger 22
More from around the web

Lynch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE