Tourism leaders determined to see commission succeed

Apr 19, 2012 Full story: Harlan Daily Enterprise 21

Local Folks Local tourism leaders hoping to shed more light on their corners of the county are tackling their goals with the formation of a countywide commission that will pull together resources in an effort to move Harlan County up the tourism chain.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Realist

Sheridan, AR

#24 May 24, 2012
you are obviously making a profit or you would not be defending this issue. The only people that defend tourism are the ones that are making a profit. Coal trucks for example are bothersome. They are slow, they spill coal along our roads, and are literally crushing our highways. We tolerate the negatives of coal production because it sustains our families. Why tolerate a supposed industry that has more problems than profits? Tourism has not helped much at all. Bailey's Creek is cleaner, but only in the part designated a park. The rest still looks the same. The road has fallen off, but who cares, the visitors drive 4x4's anyway. Looking at the Verda "Event Field" in the beginning, I admit, I had hope, but now, judging by the turnouts in the last two years, I'd say more is spent to prepare for these events than is actually made. Wake up folks! It's not going to work. Just travel up I-75 and ask Rockcastle county. I'm just another poor white boy from the hills, but I think we can make more saving pop cans as a county than we can with tourism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crimes of the putin regime against humanity 3 hr Tomson1212 1
Brandon Fisher (Jul '14) 3 hr Usoblind 19
White girls and black guys 7 hr lol 25
RonaldWayne Burgess murders in 1991 (Feb '12) 8 hr Guest 41
Jason Coomer (Jul '10) 8 hr sweetest sin 10
City Cops at Steve Price House Cost Taxpayers B... 13 hr FED UP 108
Murder of Sue Jones (Jan '11) 15 hr CNN 334
Lynch Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web