Tourism leaders determined to see com...

Tourism leaders determined to see commission succeed

There are 21 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Apr 19, 2012, titled Tourism leaders determined to see commission succeed. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

Local Folks Local tourism leaders hoping to shed more light on their corners of the county are tackling their goals with the formation of a countywide commission that will pull together resources in an effort to move Harlan County up the tourism chain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Realist

Greenbrier, AR

#24 May 24, 2012
you are obviously making a profit or you would not be defending this issue. The only people that defend tourism are the ones that are making a profit. Coal trucks for example are bothersome. They are slow, they spill coal along our roads, and are literally crushing our highways. We tolerate the negatives of coal production because it sustains our families. Why tolerate a supposed industry that has more problems than profits? Tourism has not helped much at all. Bailey's Creek is cleaner, but only in the part designated a park. The rest still looks the same. The road has fallen off, but who cares, the visitors drive 4x4's anyway. Looking at the Verda "Event Field" in the beginning, I admit, I had hope, but now, judging by the turnouts in the last two years, I'd say more is spent to prepare for these events than is actually made. Wake up folks! It's not going to work. Just travel up I-75 and ask Rockcastle county. I'm just another poor white boy from the hills, but I think we can make more saving pop cans as a county than we can with tourism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adient. You work how many days a week? 38 min Tony 22
sexting (Oct '11) 3 hr busty bitch 13
Toby knott 11 hr Interested 1
Riley Perrin (Nov '13) 16 hr This girl here 2
Oliva Vogel (Oct '09) 16 hr Billy 23
wcpm 23 hr Zipperhead 3
Tmmk to cut jobs Wed Big Duke 18

Lynch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance