Woman says police impostor groped her in Lynbrook -

Full story: Newsday

Authorities are searching for a man they say impersonated a police officer, lured a 26-year-old woman out of a van in Lynbrook where she was sleeping early yesterday and groped her.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I KNOW THAT GUY

Kastamonu, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

OFFICER FELL ME UP.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

"Police said motorists who are stopped by anyone they suspect is impersonating a law enforcement officer should drive to a well-lighted area or a police station and call 911."
Sorry, but I'll be on the phone dialing 911 long before I find a well-lighted area, and who knows where police stations are. It's not as though they have neon signs. Well, except for One Police Plaza in NYC, anyway.
I KNOW THAT GUY wrote:
OFFICER FELL ME UP.
And you, my friend, are an illiterate buffoon.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

HEY I KNOW HIM wrote:
OFFICER GROPER
Ah. I just knew you had a point in there somewhere, Borat.
HEY I KNOW HIM

Kastamonu, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

AH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR APPROVAL.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

if this is true, i hope the catch this guy real quick, but something doesn't ring right.
why would a 26 year old woman be sleeping in her car? at 26 years old, your smart enough to know NOT to open your car doors especially in a deserted parking lot. the so-called cop, DID NOT have a police car or any badges on his uniform, something that would have made me a little suspisous(?).
i thing there's more to this story.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

think not thing
LIer

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

"The victim described the impostor as a male in his 30s, about 6 feet tall, and of medium build with a brown crew cut, Nassau police said.":
Ah yes, the standard Newsday description. Keep your eyes peeled, folks. You never know when you'll see a 6ft, medium built guy, with a crew cut. If you see him, don't "pat" him down, just call 911. Or 1800 tips or whatever.....
LIer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

How stupid can someone be to submit to someone who dident even have a full uniform?

I have never heard of a uniformed agency without a shoulder patch. There are some that dont use badges (ex. Rhode Island agencies, Pennsylvania State Police, etc) but almost every agency has their own shoulder patch.
The Man

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Judged:

The police should arrest this cop before he arrests anyone else

All kidding aside if the police in Lynbrook Village police were less focused on writing speeding tickets for people going 37 miles in a 30 on Peninsula Blvd maybe they could focus on real crimes like this
Nanny Rocket

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

shameless-li wrote:
if this is true, i hope the catch this guy real quick, but something doesn't ring right.
why would a 26 year old woman be sleeping in her car? at 26 years old, your smart enough to know NOT to open your car doors especially in a deserted parking lot. the so-called cop, DID NOT have a police car or any badges on his uniform, something that would have made me a little suspisous(?).
i thing there's more to this story.
I agree, somthing aint right in Denmark on this story.
MYOPINION

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

LIer wrote:
How stupid can someone be to submit to someone who dident even have a full uniform?
I have never heard of a uniformed agency without a shoulder patch. There are some that dont use badges (ex. Rhode Island agencies, Pennsylvania State Police, etc) but almost every agency has their own shoulder patch.
Sounded more like a "JANITOR" uniform!
Lovelylady

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

This is crazy. You can't trust anyone these days. Ladies just remember you will not get in trouble for asking to see a badge and you will not get in trouble for driving until you find a safe place to pull over and call 911 to check out the vehicle. Just put your hazards on so they know you arent trying to run.
Killing Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

I truly think it is time to end the use of unmarked cars for routine traffic stops. Stories like this, and the guy out in Suffolk, really shed light on the possibility of abuse/impersonation that lies within.

Is it really worth catching a few more speeders? I submit that it is not.

ONLY MARKED CARS! Leave the undercover unmarked cars for stings and actual police work.
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

How does everyone know the cop was a fake? Its not like this kind of thing hasn't happened before.
tegster

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Long Island, New York - land of the perverts - your women and children need to learn serious self-defense methods, and to shoot guns at anyone who thinks its okay to takes these types of "liberties".

“Once Saved...Always Saved!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Bastrop Louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Yeah sure, keep driving until you reach a well lit area. As you are doing that, you may get ran off the road in a "PIT" manuever with the cop saying you were trying to flee and refusing to stop.

What they did not tell you to do is to put your emergency flashers on as a notice to the officer that you are acknowledging them being behind you but will not stop until you reach said "well lighted place".
Chris Farley

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Hey!!!

That was my sister!!!!....she was living in a van, down by the river!!!!!
C Pappas

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Law enforcement is enabling this type of activity by actually pulling over motorists, out of uniform, in unmarked cars. I witnessed such an occurrence the other day. The flashing lights can be put on a car by anyone. The "officers" were not in a uniform and they searched the car as the motorist - a YOUNG, ignorant, male, stood by. Better identification of "unmarked" officers are necessary.
Lance

Garfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

The police should take this cases very seriously. It gravely undermines the authority of law enforcement. It is difficult to deal with a criminal about to assault you, but it's worse when it's an apparent person in authority. You are paralyzed. And if you happen to be right (a crook) you get harmed, and if you are wrong (genuine police) you are in double trouble. Either way, you lose.

Since: Sep 07

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

I agree with the posters who think something else is up here. Something just doesn't sound right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lynbrook Discussions

Search the Lynbrook Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,317
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Habanero Harv 6,318
Looking for Church Space to Share/Rent (Feb '09) 7 hr Pastor Sharon 108
Iranian Jews in America: Torn Between Homelands (Aug '10) 13 hr caetana ginn 3
Thomas Hoey Jr. wants to get out on bail to sav... 20 hr wise man 7
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 21 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
Review: Broadway Tuxmakers Wed Tuxedo Closeouts 1
•••
•••

Lynbrook News Video

•••
Lynbrook Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lynbrook Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000