Lykens Police Hiring procedures

Posted in the Lykens Forum

MAFIA-MAN

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 22, 2008
Council President Claudia Maffei said Monday night that Wade was hired after a clean background check and solid interviews. The borough won't change hiring procedures, she said.
"We're disappointed because we had such high hopes for our police department," Maffei said.
POLICE TROUBLES
In 1990, both members of the department were accused of having group sex with a drunken woman during a fire company carnival and were fired after being charged with indecent assault. They were admitted to a diversionary probation program. The man who became the chief after their dismissal, Glenn Marchand, was fired in 1992 after being charged with official oppression and false swearing. He was accused of trying to charge a couple with stealing jackets he had given them. He was convicted of the charges. Marchand was succeeded by George Keifer, who was fired after he was charged with making dozens of obscene phone calls in 1992 to a sales clerk at Sea World in Florida. Keifer initially pleaded guilty but was allowed to withdraw the plea on grounds that he was mentally incompetent. Prosecutors eventually dropped the charges after Keifer's lawyer filed a motion to dismiss because there was no action on the case for more than a year. A part-time police officer had sex with 16- and 17-year-old girls in a fire department bunkhouse and an ambulance. He was fired in 2004 and pleaded no contest.
Wow their not going change procedures..Looks Like more trouble down the road.
juan

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 23, 2008
haha that is great. Lykens sucks haha
Time 2 Go

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Hey MAFIA-MAN, you forgot about the one that was caught having sex with "A MINOR" in a local bed & breakfast,(E-ville, I think).

Juan, Lykens doesn't "Suck", however, the Boro council members of the past and some are currently still sitting on that council, SUCK. They are the ones that have allowed these undesirable Police Impersonators to ruin the name of Lykens.
If you read the news article this week about how long Lykens has had troubles with it's police department, it said 17 years of corruption, now some of the older council members are on that council for over 20 years. Does anybody else see a pattern here, or just me?

We finally got rid of that arrogant ex-mayor, woman beater, town drunk and out of town drunk,(yeah don't forget Michigan). This is another one that shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun and pretend to be a "Public Servant". Has any of you seen him in his "Constable Costume", I mean uniform, oh wait! There is no Official, Pennsylvania State Constable's uniform. So I guess it's a costume. WHAT A JOKE...

Next we're going to work on Claudia Maffei, John Cessna. These people need to find something else to do with their spare time, other than sit on Boro council and do nothing. It's Time 2 Go.
juan

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jan 24, 2008
no lykens sucks on the whole the police and boro just intensify the suckiness.
Lykens Gods Urinal since 18tickity2
Time 2 Go

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jan 24, 2008
juan wrote:
no lykens sucks on the whole the police and boro just intensify the suckiness.
Lykens Gods Urinal since 18tickity2
Thanks Juan, I always thought I was being pissed on, now I know it's true. Since 1862, nice touch.
Time 2 Go

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 24, 2008
Memo to Claudia Maffei;
Please get your head out of your ass, how dare you make a comment such as the one listed above, and thatís just one of your inane remarks of lately. You were elected "From Us, By Us, For Us". It is apparent, to me at least, that previous "Hiring Procedures" are flawed, at best. As Council President, for you to make such a comment, is a clear demonstration of your inability to lead.
You Ms. Maffei are part of the problem that exists in Lykens today. Hiring practices will change in Lykens "With or Without" your consent. Not that we need your consent, you see "You Work For US", we empower you to do what's best for all of us. If you cannot or will not conform to the changing necessities of our time, than you need to resign and let the door open for someone that can make the "Hard Decisions". Time 2 Go.
interested

AOL

#7 Feb 28, 2009
Does anyone know how old this Marchand is? Do you know where he is from? Is there anymore information about his firing? Thanks!
MAFIA-MAN wrote:
Council President Claudia Maffei said Monday night that Wade was hired after a clean background check and solid interviews. The borough won't change hiring procedures, she said.
"We're disappointed because we had such high hopes for our police department," Maffei said.
POLICE TROUBLES
In 1990, both members of the department were accused of having group sex with a drunken woman during a fire company carnival and were fired after being charged with indecent assault. They were admitted to a diversionary probation program. The man who became the chief after their dismissal, Glenn Marchand, was fired in 1992 after being charged with official oppression and false swearing. He was accused of trying to charge a couple with stealing jackets he had given them. He was convicted of the charges. Marchand was succeeded by George Keifer, who was fired after he was charged with making dozens of obscene phone calls in 1992 to a sales clerk at Sea World in Florida. Keifer initially pleaded guilty but was allowed to withdraw the plea on grounds that he was mentally incompetent. Prosecutors eventually dropped the charges after Keifer's lawyer filed a motion to dismiss because there was no action on the case for more than a year. A part-time police officer had sex with 16- and 17-year-old girls in a fire department bunkhouse and an ambulance. He was fired in 2004 and pleaded no contest.
Wow their not going change procedures..Looks Like more trouble down the road.
sneakypete

Worcester, MA

#8 Mar 14, 2015
he lives at the va in Worcester ma let me know what dirt you have on him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lykens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
witmer family please respond (Sep '14) Thu kly3 2
News Police: Careless smoking caused fatal Lykens fire (Mar '14) Aug '14 silly rabbit 3
News 67 year old man faces charges for alleged relat... (Apr '14) Apr '14 softball fan 2
News Borough Lets Go Of Police Department (Apr '08) Feb '14 Regreting moving ... 14
Whatever Happened To Big Boobs In John's Apartm... (Aug '08) Jan '14 Your Mother 20
News Couple charged with child abuse (Nov '06) Sep '13 Polly 6
The Large st Free Onl ine Dating Website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Marian Reeser 1
More from around the web

Lykens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]