'He lost both his pappies in 24 hours'

'He lost both his pappies in 24 hours'

There are 9 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Sep 3, 2009, titled 'He lost both his pappies in 24 hours'. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

In an unbelievably cruel twist of fate, a 4-year-old boy who escaped injury in a crash that killed his grandfather Tuesday morning lost his other grandfather in a crash in Dauphin County later that night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Amber - Lebanon

Chickamauga, GA

#1 Sep 3, 2009
This story brought tears to my eyes =( At least the little boy is okay and safe.
Perplexed Parent

Rossville, GA

#2 Sep 4, 2009
Why was a four-year-old left in the care of elderly relatives in the first place?
R U Serious

Detroit, MI

#3 Sep 5, 2009
he was with his grandparents. I missed something...is there an age that grandparents get to when the can't see thier grandkids anymore. I read these posts all the time and I have to say, this is by far one of the dumbeest, idiotic, stupid comments I've seen. To even suggest for a second that this was anyone's fault but the f*cking asswipe that failed to care for anyone's lives while he was drinking and driving is absolutely mad! You need to have your head examined.
elderly grandma

Albrightsville, PA

#4 Sep 5, 2009
I love to care for my grandchildren, the youngest being 3 years old. We have play time ,project time, go to the parks, and yes,even learning time. We do not sit in front of the tv or play video games all day. The fact that the little boy was properly restrained in his car seat says much. Please do not assume an "elderly" grandparent is not responsible to care for a younger grandchild. How about thoughts and prayers to the family going through the tradegy caused by this drunk driver. My thoughts and prayers are with all of them.
opinionated

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#5 Sep 5, 2009
My grandparents loves to watch my son and I trust them with all I am . Why are you trying to blame them instead of the drunk driver who hit them .
Shocked

Long Pond, PA

#6 Nov 12, 2009
I personally know this family, and if "Concerned Parent" would have read the article, they would have read the ages and known that neither of his grandparents were "elderly". They were both middle-aged and both loved their grandson very much. There is nothing wrong with leaving a child with their grandparent, let alone ones who loved and very much cared for him. What happened is very very sad, and I am appauled that someone would say such a stupid ridiculous thing.
Shocked

Long Pond, PA

#7 Nov 12, 2009
Ok, I meant perplexed parent..whatever, I am still irritatecd that someone would be so dumb.
typical blackman

Allentown, PA

#8 Nov 12, 2009
losted dem ? maybez he aintz lookin in da right plaze
periwinkle

Roxbury, PA

#9 Nov 12, 2009
Grandparents take responsibility very seriously-many have filled in for parents who couldn't or wouldn't fulfill the duty as a parent. This little guy was lucky to have great grandparents, and parents. Grandparents take a much more active role in helping raise grandchildren today, while assisting the parents, so they don't have to use strangers in daycare for their child care provider. Wow never knew there was an age limit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lykens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beth Krepich (Feb '17) Sep 18 Anonymous 2
Lykens Police Hiring procedures (Jan '08) Jul '17 yochan 9
tower city rocks (May '11) Mar '17 Anonymous 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Susan Helm as State Represent... (Sep '12) Mar '17 anonymous 2
Bank of America Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Disappointed 3
News Woman who fought with Lebanon cops sent to prison (Jun '16) Jun '16 LionTamer 1
Super Cute Potato Pillow (May '16) May '16 sunny572 1

Lykens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lykens Mortgages