Landlord evicting all tenants - CBS 21

Aug 27, 2008 Full story: www.whptv.com 9
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" A true life"Riches to Rags"story Full Story

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 27, 2008
I guess it doesn't matter how much "good' you do in your life for others, when you fall from grace they will all kick you when your down.
Man_Boobies

Mechanicsburg, PA

#2 Aug 27, 2008
What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying that you're in support of Cory? Yeah, he did have these apartment buildings and stuff and gave people homes, but what can you expect when you rent from people with no jobs and everything? You have to know scum from the middle class people. If they are scum, let them move to Laurel Hill. That's where all of them are.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 27, 2008
Cory Johns saw an opportunity to help people "low Income" and possibly make money doing so. How many landlords do you know that would willingly install an access ramp so handi-cap people can more easily get in and out of their apartment? You could probably count them on one finger. "yeah that finger".

This man supplied housing to low income families not as much section 8 as you are being led to believe, He took a chance on many people and got stung along the way, but that isn't what caused his fall. He employed local people to help repair the homes he bought, and judging from the photos in the article associated with this blog, some of the properties were real nice.

As stated in the article his monthly bills were in excess of $40.000 per month. I am sure that he didn't expect oil prices to go as high as they did, I didn't and the prices affected my bottom line as well.

Section 8 people are not all bad people. Some are elderly, some are handi-caped, others just had a bad run in their life while others are scamers.

It is unfortunate for all involved, however Cory Johns did not place these people where they are in life, he just gave most of them a nice place to live.

Good Luck Cory.
Man_Boobies

Mechanicsburg, PA

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Well, ya know, he could have not bought so many properties to begin with. He should have known that he was going to be spread so thin by all these buildings and all these expenses... so it's no wonder he flopped. He could also try to have people buy these buildings instead of keep buying another, another, and yet another. He's probably one of the reasons why we have so many low-income families living in Williamstown. Williamstown isn't a bad place if they would get rid of all these welfare people and scum and druggies out... more boogs are movin' in and that spells Trouble. Thanks Cory - thanks a ton.
eville mom

West Chester, PA

#5 Aug 29, 2008
I agree with Time To Go, Cory is not a bad person, he is just trying to make a living like the rest of us. If people are not paying their rent this is whst happens. The people who are paying there rent are affected, be mad at the deadbeats that put him in this position. And people not paying rent and living off of Section 8 really can't complain at all, they are not paying rent in the first place. I rent and it's a chance you take when you live in someone else's property. You don't own it and have no rights to it.
Time 2 Go

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 31, 2008
eville mom, Thanks.

You hit the nail on the head, "be mad at the deadbeats" They've not only ruined their own lives, now they've taken down a good man as well.

I also understand that there are several banks willing to work with the tenants, if they (tenants) choose to do so (pay their rents to the bank).
Kilimanjaro

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2008
What's all the hoopla about? Landlords HAVE TO give a 30-day written notice to vacate in most states--in California it's 60-days if the tenant has lived in the unit for more than a year. Tenants don't have to be intimidated by unscrupulous landlords 'cause unscrupulous landlords will find themselves up to their profit & loss statements in lawsuits and legal debt. In this case, the tenant should go to Legal Aid for guidance and the landlord should prepare to be sued by the tenant for an unlawful eviction.
crs

Scipio Center, NY

#8 Aug 31, 2008
The "no money down" tv infomercials and the banks that lend money on inflated home prices are equally guilty in this mess. Cory was just doing what the Bush administration was doing. Borrow Borrow Borrow against the future.
Littleboo

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 3, 2008
I don't pity Cory one bit....he took my parents across when he was in business as John's Financial Company. He had them invest thousands of dollars and never gave them a monthly statement as to the amount of money he was investing and in what. Time after time they asked him for statements and he would say he'll get them to them and he never did. But what he did do was take their money and ran. I'm 100% convinced that he did this to alot of people -- how would he have gotten all the money to buy all of the properties he now owns? He was a smooth operator and made it appear to seniors that he was this sweet, good hearted person and get them to give him their hard earned money - so he could steal it from them. He's the scum of the earth. My parents never got their money back -- he said they lost all of it when 911 happened. Granted, everyone took a hit at that time, but no one lost everything they had. What comes around goes around and now its Cory's turn!!!! HA HA HA Cory - I hope you claim bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lykens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
witmer family please respond Sep '14 girlie 1
Police: Careless smoking caused fatal Lykens fire (Mar '14) Aug '14 silly rabbit 3
67 year old man faces charges for alleged relat... (Apr '14) Apr '14 softball fan 2
Borough Lets Go Of Police Department (Apr '08) Feb '14 Regreting moving ... 14
Whatever Happened To Big Boobs In John's Apartm... (Aug '08) Jan '14 Your Mother 20
Couple charged with child abuse (Nov '06) Sep '13 Polly 6
The Large st Free Onl ine Dating Website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Marian Reeser 1

Winter Storm Warning for Dauphin County was issued at March 04 at 9:41AM EST

Lykens Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lykens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:41 am PST