Traffic havoc in a half-foot of snow

Traffic havoc in a half-foot of snow

There are 22 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 27, 2011, titled Traffic havoc in a half-foot of snow. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A five- to six-inch snowfall across Franklin County on Wednesday and Thursday tied up traffic and played a role in several minor crashes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SNOW LADY

Butler, OH

#1 Jan 27, 2011
WHAT SNOW! THIS IS NOTHING FLATLANDERS GET OVER IT
JCR

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Jan 27, 2011
I got snowed last night.
Lil Abner

Seward, PA

#3 Jan 27, 2011
People now days don't know what having a real snow storm is all about EVERY year. I do, and so do many, many others. How many remember the big one in the early nineties? I drove to work at Whitetail the next morning, a lot of the personnel had to sleep on the floor on shelving, sleeping bags or whatever that night, they were not crazy enough to try to drive in that storm. I plowed through that next morning not knowing if I would make it but, by driving very carefully I made it. I loved the beauty around me, remembering back when.......you walked to get where you were going a mile or two sometimes three miles, you didn't boo-hoo about how bad it was you excepted it as WINTERTIME.
What Snow

Carlisle, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2011
How about the blizzard of 1967? We had over four feet of snow and the school buses had chains. School was not cancelled. Took almost three hours to get home rather than the normal one hour. Living in the country...
Snow Queen77

Greencastle, PA

#5 Jan 27, 2011
Look at it this way and enjoy...

alien

Waynesboro, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2011
You people buy these little cars that are no more than 3-4 inches off the ground and you try to drive in 6 inches of snow, they become sleds with wheels! When you know its going to snow more than the height of your car from road to bottom of the body, stay off the road!Get a ride with someone with a taller car or SUV. When the snow packs under your car you will not move! You have cell phones call a friend with a larger car and let yours set!
Oh Really

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Jan 28, 2011
Oh this darn global warming thing again! oops I mean climate GHANGE ! what a joke
Lil Abner

Annapolis, MD

#8 Jan 28, 2011
Whew....the global warming has me wanting to just run outside in my bikini style swimsuit and enjoy all of that warmth. I think I'll even call up Al Gore and ask him if he wishes to come over and sit in my backyard at the picnic table and have a cold one.
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#9 Jan 28, 2011
Oh Really wrote:
Oh this darn global warming thing again! oops I mean climate GHANGE ! what a joke
Lil Abner wrote:
Whew....the global warming has me wanting to just run outside in my bikini style swimsuit and enjoy all of that warmth. I think I'll even call up Al Gore and ask him if he wishes to come over and sit in my backyard at the picnic table and have a cold one.
Yeah, because climate scientists say that with global warming it won't get cold in winter any more.

You people only make yourselves look even more stupid when you say dumb*** things like this. Educate your sorry selves on what global warming science actually says, then argue against THAT instead of your retarded strawmen.
Chip

Annapolis, MD

#10 Jan 28, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yeah, because climate scientists say that with global warming it won't get cold in winter any more.
You people only make yourselves look even more stupid when you say dumb*** things like this. Educate your sorry selves on what global warming science actually says, then argue against THAT instead of your retarded strawmen.
I smell a kook!
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#11 Jan 28, 2011
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>I smell a kook!
LOL! Two of them actually.
Humphrey

Annapolis, MD

#12 Jan 28, 2011
Noop, I only smell one Dan (Al) the man (Gore).
Do not smell two stupid persons.

Sniff harder little man, maybe it is you.
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#13 Jan 31, 2011
Arctic current warmer than for 2,000 years: study

Scientists said that waters at the northern end of the Gulf Stream, between Greenland and the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard, averaged 6 degrees Celsius (42.80F) in recent summers, warmer than at natural peaks during Roman or Medieval times.

"The temperature is unprecedented in the past 2,000 years," lead author Robert Spielhagen of the Academy of Sciences, Humanities and Literature in Mainz, Germany, told Reuters of the study in Friday's edition of the journal Science.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/us-...

----------

Remember, it's GLOBAL warming, ignorant wingnuts.

Just because we're having a cold snap in central PA doesn't mean that the planet isn't warming.
Dave

Shippensburg, PA

#14 Jan 31, 2011
Humphrey wrote:
Noop, I only smell one Dan (Al) the man (Gore).
Do not smell two stupid persons.
Sniff harder little man, maybe it is you.
At least Dan understands the concept of Global Warming. Not like you & your ignorant pals.
Blah

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jan 31, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
Arctic current warmer than for 2,000 years: study
Scientists said that waters at the northern end of the Gulf Stream, between Greenland and the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard, averaged 6 degrees Celsius (42.80F) in recent summers, warmer than at natural peaks during Roman or Medieval times.
"The temperature is unprecedented in the past 2,000 years," lead author Robert Spielhagen of the Academy of Sciences, Humanities and Literature in Mainz, Germany, told Reuters of the study in Friday's edition of the journal Science.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/us-...
----------
Remember, it's GLOBAL warming, ignorant wingnuts.
Just because we're having a cold snap in central PA doesn't mean that the planet isn't warming.
In truth, many environmental scientists predict colder weather for many parts of the globe due to the warming trend.
Dan the Man

Bensalem, PA

#16 Jan 31, 2011
Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
In truth, many environmental scientists predict colder weather for many parts of the globe due to the warming trend.
Don't tell me. Tell the deniers. They're they ones who think that global warming means it won't get cold in winter anymore.
Blah

Chambersburg, PA

#17 Jan 31, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me. Tell the deniers. They're they ones who think that global warming means it won't get cold in winter anymore.
Just did. But it won't do any good.
Dan the Man

Hanover, PA

#18 Jan 31, 2011
Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Just did. But it won't do any good.
Generally people understand that the post you reply to is the person who you are addressing. Maybe if you reply to one of them directly instead of to me, everybody would understand who you are addressing.
Blah

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Jan 31, 2011
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally people understand that the post you reply to is the person who you are addressing. Maybe if you reply to one of them directly instead of to me, everybody would understand who you are addressing.
I reply to the most pertainate post, not necessarily the one I am agreeing or disagreeing with. I am allowing the specific topic to flow. Problem with that, or does simply seeing my name cause you mental anguish?
uncle Bill

AOL

#20 Jan 31, 2011
here we go again with DAN the butt man an DAN his alter ego

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lykens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Susan Helm as State Represent... (Sep '12) Mar 24 anonymous 2
Beth Krepich Feb 26 Trailduster 1
Bank of America Background Check Nov '16 Disappointed 3
News Woman who fought with Lebanon cops sent to prison (Jun '16) Jun '16 LionTamer 1
Amy Murray/ Michael Ross Fired from Walmart (Dec '07) Jun '16 sodone 3
Super Cute Potato Pillow (May '16) May '16 sunny572 1
Murder in Williamstown (Mar '16) Mar '16 Glitter 1

Lykens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lykens Mortgages