Prospective Resident

Rockville, MD

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Having relocated my family from New York 9 months ago I have grown to enjoy the Pikesville area. My wife and I have identified areas that we would be interested in purchasing a home but I do have one concern. As an African American I have noticed very few others of my ethnicity living in the corridor that follows Old Court Road from Reisterstown RD to Falls RD. Do other African Americans live on this side of Pikesville? I have heard many great things about the neighborhoods and private schools but are there challenges in the community?
Qwanjbey

Westminster, MD

#2 Jan 27, 2013
That area is nice because it does not contain any section 8 neighborhood destroying trash. The make up is predominantly Jewish on that side of old court. If you want to live with more black people you can live the other direction on old court towards liberty rd but you will be in a worse area with terrible schools. Those who tell you schools like Milford mill h.s. or Woodlawn h.s. are good schools are either delusional or only have a worse Balt city school to compare it to.
Ophilia Bitz

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Old Court is the south end of Greenspring Valley which has many very pricey homes. How can you come up with the money? Jews always get along with minorities. I have been a patient at Sinai and know it is a Jewish hospital has many Blacks as patients and employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lutherville-Timonium Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 14
smokers are losers (Jan '11) May '16 Dustin Fitz 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News Should Pit Bulls Be Banned in Towson? Readers R... May '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News As anti-Muslim rhetoric worsens, interfaith eff... Mar '16 PatFrance 1
News Abingdon Panera fundraiser for Sheriff's Office... Mar '16 PatFrance 1

Lutherville-Timonium Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lutherville-Timonium Mortgages