Fitness Center Total Ripoff

Fitness Center Total Ripoff

Posted in the Luray Forum

K Showalter

Luray, VA

#1 Feb 27, 2007
I would not recommend anyone to go to the somewhat new fitness center located in the Luray Plaza. After a years contract, they still charge you the monthly dues. You must read the contract carefully, because they forget to mention that after your year is up, they expect a 30 day written notice and still charge you by the month. What a Total Ripoff!! Common sense would say, if I wanted to keep coming, I would pay the monthly dues. Don't send your friendly reminders with an invoice!!

Forest, VA

#2 Mar 16, 2007
My Mother and I have been Curves members located in the Luray Plaza. The workout there is very oriented toward a womans body and the new owner is wonderful. I would highly recommend it. I don' believe you would run into the same issues there.

Luray, VA

#3 Mar 16, 2007
Hi...K Showalter you are officially invited to Curves for a free workout. I am the new owner and I would love to share this great workout with you, no obligation. Give me a call at Curves I am there Mon-Fri in the morning, ask for Melissa...and Sylby thank you so much for your kind words, I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you one day soon :)...

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 6, 2008
I don't get the "rip off" part. The contract is the same as you would get in a rental lease. After your year contract is up, you're then "month to month." And just as with a lease (when you give the landlord a month's notice) that's all the fitness center is asking. Is it REALLY too much trouble to hand write, "As of today, I am terminating my contract." and drop it off at the gym?

My opinion? Curves is great for those starting a new workout routine. The fitness centers (both of them in town) are for people who are ready to go to the next level with cardio and weights. I will say, however, that (unlike the negative comments I heard about the last Curves owner) I've heard nothing but praise about the new owner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have a question about Debt Consolidation? (Nov '13) May '16 James310 3
Hi (Mar '16) Mar '16 Anonymous 1
News Year in Review: Churches build structure, support (Dec '15) Dec '15 Matt9969 1
joe carvell ??? (Dec '15) Dec '15 anonymous 1
Syria' Ireland' and other places (Nov '15) Nov '15 written for Jesus 1
Go Solar in Rappahannock County! (Aug '15) Aug '15 virtuesolar 1
News Woman accused of bestiality (Jul '15) Jul '15 EdinburgEddie 1

Luray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Luray Mortgages