Could late utility bills prevent a mortgage loan?

Posted in the Lunenburg Forum

sizylvyqiaehwill ena

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2013
cewayvlliednkyle wrote:
Could late utility bills prevent a mortgage loan?No word yet on if they'll need to see them, but it was brought up while applying for a pre-approval. Reason being my spouses credit has been idle a year, all prior accounts were paid as promised on time, just haven't needed any new accounts, so he never bothered opening anything leaving him with a great credit history, but no score... My score and history is fine. So anyway my question...
We're applying for an FHA loan (still waiting for pre-approval) the mortgage consultant said we will be pre-approved with contingencies (we're currently waiting for the underwriter to get everything together). Now I'm not sure if he was referring to validating our utility bills as a contingency or if he was speaking of something different, maybe a last resort thing? I'm not sure... I know I should have asked at the time, but I didn't think of it then. My dilemma is my utility payments have been late a lot. Never sent to collections, never received shut off notices, just a bill I never bothered to pay asap, lazy about it I guess lol.. Now I'm worried my utility bills will be a contigency in a loan. Is that a common contigency or am I misunderstanding the process?.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabrina Humple (Feb '14) Dec 6 Tommi Bower 2
Desperate for a FREE car history report? (Nov '13) Dec 2 bulk 5
Is it true? Nov '14 bulk 1
s&s bbq (Sep '11) Nov '14 bulk 5
Is there any real free car history report websi... (Nov '13) Oct '14 Bradley 3
Place to rent Oct '14 keshia 1
Fracking Sep '14 bulk 1
Lunenburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web