Popular health-club owner's death lea...

Popular health-club owner's death leaves many reeling - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 35 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 7, 2011, titled Popular health-club owner's death leaves many reeling - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Friends remembered Orchard Hills Athletic Club owner Tim Richards as a caring and compassionate businessman, who paid his success forward to the community around him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just someone

New York, NY

#25 Jan 7, 2011
A very nice man with very many friends
Local guy

Gardner, MA

#26 Jan 7, 2011
When I pass away it will be kept a secret. My family will not have to read all this crazy stuff.
Tims Friend

Gardner, MA

#27 Jan 7, 2011
Just someone wrote:
The thought of Tim will always feel like Sunday mornimg.
Tim and I were always hung over on Sunday morni"m"g.
Passerby

Fitchburg, MA

#28 Jan 7, 2011
Regardless of the circumstance when someone takes their life it's beyond sad. When an adult does it, and they are empty of hope, it's truly heartbreaking.
Unfortunate

Fitchburg, MA

#32 Jan 8, 2011
Local guy wrote:
When I pass away it will be kept a secret. My family will not have to read all this crazy stuff.
The reason for the article is he was a member of the community. It's clear to those of us that didn't know he him, that although he was a very flawed individual, he was also someone that believed in productivity and contribution. I venture to say that despite any mistakes or misjudgments, Mr. Richards did more for our community than you do. I also venture to say that you, sir, are not perfect either. However the difference and reasoning behind you understanding your passing will be less scrutinized, is the very reason why his is; you don't matter as much as he did.
haha

Leominster, MA

#33 Jan 8, 2011
we are all so fragile and we depend on belonging to our family unit whatever that unit may be. When the unit breaks some people are lost and we need to be a little more sensitive about those people. RIP.
Local guy

Gardner, MA

#34 Jan 8, 2011
Hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will care enough to comment when you die.
Thank God. At least my family will not have to read comments from insensitive simpletons like you. Watch out for the mold in your basement.
Mike

Leominster, MA

#35 Jan 8, 2011
RIP Timmy
Sue-Shirley

Ayer, MA

#36 Jan 8, 2011
I read a post made by his stepson just the other day.In the post, he supported his mother's husband,and said there was a lot of tragedy and family deaths that had weighed Tim down. None of us really know what goes on in another person's mind,or how much pain they are in.Right now, that family is hurting, and I extend my deepest sympathy.
Orchard Hills Member

Leominster, MA

#37 Jan 8, 2011
May Tim Richards now rest in peace..His legacy will move on as his love for health and fitness will be fulfilled...My heart aches for the wonderful staff at Orchard Hills Athletic Club and Tim's children and grandchildren...We will truly miss you Tim...Sweet Dreams my Friend...
Tom Lane

AOL

#38 Jan 9, 2011
Despite the disagreements Tim and I had, it became obvious to me that he was in a lot of pain, and I re-established contact with him in an attempt to possibly eliminate some of it. I am truly sorry for the mental turmoil he suffered and I will forever miss our conversations. He was certainly one of the most intelligent and interesting individuals I have ever known. I am deeply sorry for those he left behind.
Internet Manners

Gardner, MA

#39 Jan 9, 2011
Unfortunate wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason for the article is he was a member of the community. It's clear to those of us that didn't know he him, that although he was a very flawed individual, he was also someone that believed in productivity and contribution. I venture to say that despite any mistakes or misjudgments, Mr. Richards did more for our community than you do. I also venture to say that you, sir, are not perfect either. However the difference and reasoning behind you understanding your passing will be less scrutinized, is the very reason why his is; you don't matter as much as he did.
Terrible manners and incoherent writing. Are you an adult? If so, your children should institute "Parental" controls.
sad

Leominster, MA

#40 Jan 10, 2011
I disagree with "Internet Manners" above post and felt that "Unfortunate"s reply was appropriate, true, and coherant. I also really take exception to the person that said his ex "ruined his life". If you are referring to Sheila, she is not his ex. She is his wife. They love each other dearly despite the struggles they had. She is hurting from the loss. I hope she does not ever see that comment.
Alice

Gardner, MA

#41 Jan 10, 2011
Hey "Sad", "Unfortunate's" post was more thana bit rambling and incoherent. Additionally, "Local Guy" was just trying to point out that an indiviual's private life doesn't have to be assessed by every troll on this website. Very tacky stuff.
saddened

Leominster, MA

#42 Jan 10, 2011
wonder what happened wrote:
any truth to the rumor that it was suicide?
Yes, sadly, that rumor is true... may he rest in peace and be comforted by God's hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
all new lynch meltdown 10 hr Tashmoo 16
10 Data And Counting 11 hr Stanley Pierogi 1
j e f f r e y 12 hr I R V I N E 1
Jeffrey Irvine Fitchburg State University 12 hr Jeff 1
Jeffrey Irvine FSU 12 hr FSU 1
Collecting defendants, Post here to harrass Lynch (Mar '13) 12 hr Lewis Chambermaid 45
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 12 hr Edwardo 359

Lunenburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lunenburg Mortgages