Vote Lynch for city councilor at large in Fitchburg.

Posted in the Lunenburg Forum

First Prev
of 45
Next Last
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jul 3, 2013
I have decided to run a campaign in hopes to be elected as a City Councilor at Large for Fitchburg Massachusetts. I have an education in business. I have worked as a Carpenter for many years. I consider myself to be a very good problem solver. I am also great listener. These last two attributes is what I believe will make me an excellent City Councilor.

I vow to work for every citizen in Fitchburg. I will be out walking and meeting all citizens of Fitchburg.

Issues that I will propose as a City Councilor will begin with a request for a serious conversation to be had concerning enhancing our business community. I will submit requests to the Federal Government for infrastructure grants. I feel that we must give some focus to this community and to look at and discuss ways to make Fitchburg a better and safer place to do business. I will always promote and propose for lower costs for business owners within Fitchburg.

I will propose at the least two proposals directed towards discounts for our elderly citizens. One concerning a proposal that entails giving a tax discount to elder citizens within Fitchburg who have remained residing in their homes as Fitchburg residents. Another proposal entails a scaling back to the water and sewer rates before the massive increases for citizens who are 63 yrs and older.

Way too often we have politicians who state that they support elders affairs then when elected they sit on their hands and do nothing concerning what they have promised.

I have a strong belief that the city of Fitchburg belongs to the citizens of Fitchburg and not just a select few. For too many decades decisions have been made for a select few and now every citizen of Fitchburg is paying for this favoritism such as is the case concerning the water and sewer increases. Officials were warned that the overbuilding will be too overbearing for the water treatment plant as the new catch basins bring floods of run off rain water that wasn't being collected before.

There are too many empty houses within Fitchburg. We are creating a Detroit like atmosphere. Crack cocaine and Heroin use are surging within Fitchburg as well as an influx of gang buildup within. We need to do more reaching out to the FBI,DEA and State police concerning the need to deal with these most serious issues. Within one of my proposals and request for a federal grant I will seek to co-op with the state police in the building of a new state police barracks within Fitchburg.

We need to co-op with organizations that deal with prevention concerning drug abuse. We need to educate our police as many feel that methadone is a synthetic heroin when in fact it is not, it is a blocker that works within the hormone center of the brain as it blocks urges to use. This may seem like a small problem but it is not. Education and proper understanding of such issues is crucial as our community is dealing with a serious drug abuse problem.

We must address these needs honestly, pretending that they do not exist is problematic. We have a serious homeless situation within Fitchburg. Many of our homeless are veterans. I would like to investigate the old harper furniture building as a possible site for a multi service center. Recently Worcester opened a multi service center for the homeless and drug and alcohol addicted citizens. it involves housing where these citizens transition through phases till they are self sufficient and employed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Jul 3, 2013
Currently the city is assisting FSU on their plans to build additional housing units closer to Main street. I oppose such plans. There has been two separate privately owned student housing facilities opened within Fitchburg. Enough is Enough. We have to have an open mind and take into account all the positives and the negatives when getting involved with such adventures. The local community around the University has suffered greatly due to this transition. Houses are now empty which once housed students, some are filled with crack shacks and drug dens. This is an unsafe situation for everyone including returning students. Local tradesmen have seen a serious decrease in employment due to this transition. Tradesmen who spend their disposable incomes within Fitchburg.
Disposable Income is a topic that is never discussed within City Hall. Our leaders want to claim that they are pro-business but actually have become an obstacle to such success. The massive increases in water and sewer have had a serious negative effect in this regard.
At present I feel that the Sentinel, mayor Wong and Antonucci are all connected at the hip like the three amigos. It is OK to be cordial but you must never forget what your organizational goals are and you must always re-focus your direction if these goals are being put aside for the benefit of a few. The Sentinel is a newspaper who should be operating independently of local government and state government. A proper unbiased news organization is vital to democracy. Mayor Wong should be more aligned with her constituents and not spending most of her time attempting to appease FSU. Yes we all know that the University is a plus for our city but it is by far not the sole engine to Fitchburg. FSU is not going to move, I am not saying to ignore the University but we must understand that 40,000 residents reside in Fitchburg as well and we are being ignored. The University is tax exempt which is also another factor as every homeowner in Fitchburg has no such tax exemptions.
One thing people tell me is that I am crazy for going against such establishments. What is wrong with practicing what leaders preach? Promises are not just words.
In reference to Antonucci, I feel that he has violated employment law and involves himself with too many conflicts of interests. He is a state hire as President of FSU, he is also on the board of trustees at Unitil and now a board member of the local Chamber of Commerce. I am concerned that these positions are in conflict. When Mayor Wong put the lights off in Fitchburg, Antonucci told Wong to jump and the Mayor asked how high. He demanded lights to be turned back on in the University area and Mayor Wong complied. The citizens made such requests and NONE were answered.

We need a city councilor that will hold the Mayor Accountable. I will be that person. We need a councilor to read the bills and contract proposals and to question those proposing for new contracts such as the FPD. I believe that we need more detectives and more police on second and third shift where needed. I will be the councilor that counter offers with demands from the city to address these needs; I will not be a rubber stamp.

I am the candidate of the people for the people. We have been asked to go without lights, to drive down the same pot hole filled roads for way too long. Actually we have never been asked to sacrifice as it has been just put to us to deal with. Our voices have been ignored for way too long as many citizens unfortunately do not vote any longer. When voters stay home politicians like it because then they do not have to follow through with promises made.

I am asking for your vote for a seat at the table. I have many other proposals that I will outline in detail as the campaign moves forward.

If you would like to donate to my campaign, volunteer and/or would like to know my stances you can visit my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kevin.lynch.16547008

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American

Gardner, MA

#3 Jul 3, 2013
If you are running for the position I want to see a formal letter from SS that you are not on disability or receiving any kind of government assistance.

I also want to see your last income tax return posted.
Just Facts

United States

#5 Jul 3, 2013
Kevin,

As a voter in Fitchburg, I am asking you to answer the following questions based on your previous statements...

Please provide complete details on your education and experience in business.

What exactly do you mean by "enhancing the business community"?

What requests for grants are you planning on filing for and who will write the grant requests?

What costs will you propose be lowered for businesses in Fitchburg?

What do you propose for replacing the "tax discounts" you would like to see for the seniors? The tax money must come from somewhere...

What do you propose for replacing the "water and sewer rates discounts" you would like to see for the seniors? The costs for the mandatory repairs on our infrustructure must come from somewhere...

What justification would the Massachusetts State Police have for building a barracks building in Fitchburg, when one already exists in Leominster?

We already have a number of locations within Fitchburg for homeless people, and the funding is difficult to obtain. What exact proposal would you initiate for getting funding (state or federal) for another homeless shelter in Fitchburg? Who would write the grant proposal? Who would manage the facility? What would happen if the grant ran out?

The remainder of your comments are some of the same tired comments you've displayed in the past, but I really want you to answer these questions. You claim that you have ideas, but these ideas are lofty and not specific...lets hear the specifics.

Take each question/comment and provide concrete, specific answers.

BTW...asking people to donate to your campaign by going to a facebook page without a secured funding into a designated account in a bank violates campaign funding rules...you should already know that.
American

Gardner, MA

#6 Jul 3, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
Kevin,
As a voter in Fitchburg, I am asking you to answer the following questions based on your previous statements...
What requests for grants are you planning on filing for and who will write the grant requests?
What do you propose for replacing the "tax discounts" you would like to see for the seniors? The tax money must come from somewhere...
What do you propose for replacing the "water and sewer rates discounts" you would like to see for the seniors? The costs for the mandatory repairs on our infrustructure must come from somewhere...
What justification would the Massachusetts State Police have for building a barracks building in Fitchburg, when one already exists in Leominster?
We already have a number of locations within Fitchburg for homeless people, and the funding is difficult to obtain. What exact proposal would you initiate for getting funding (state or federal) for another homeless shelter in Fitchburg? Who would write the grant proposal? Who would manage the facility? What would happen if the grant ran out?
The remainder of your comments are some of the same tired comments you've displayed in the past, but I really want you to answer these questions. You claim that you have ideas, but these ideas are lofty and not specific...lets hear the specifics.
BTW...asking people to donate to your campaign by going to a facebook page without a secured funding into a designated account in a bank violates campaign funding rules...you should already know that.
He has to setup a formal campaign donation account with the State.
American

Gardner, MA

#7 Jul 3, 2013
Mr.Lynch on your facebook page, a photo that shows yourself not looking at the viewers is a sign of deception.

You will have to change the photo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Handsome Harve

United States

#8 Jul 3, 2013
American is rigjht about the photo. But how about using one of your old booking photos? There are dozens to choose from and they're all public record, so it won't cost your campaign any dough.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#9 Jul 3, 2013
Hey, Lynch- Didn't read anything about your announcement in today's Sentinel, but maybe this post by you had something to do with that:

Lynch wrote:
The sentinel has slanted the truth! The word "gets" is purposefully misdirecting! Their is no "probation officer", pre-trial probation is a term not a sentence as their was NO plea change, no admission whatsoever. The Sentinel has purposefully misguided the public as they have done all along!!! I cannot make comments in reference to facts or names but I can comment on anything else. I am not in fear of getting into trouble because "I DO NOT GET INTO TROUBLE". The Sentinel is full of shit as usual! No one has the guts to tell them so but I will! I call it as it is unlike the Sentinel. The Sentinel is on the verge of being reported for their biased protectionism of local government! This fact seriously hampers checks and balances concerning Democracy! The Sentinel can go FUCK THEMSELVES! Hopefully they bring a libel against me which they will not because I have plenty of evidence against the Sentinel as that PUKE editor was told as much in writing!!! In ending, FUCK YOU SENTINEL! Your paper is horrid, slanted and is beginning to be realized by the citizens of Fitchburg. Your paper is nothing more than a BS bulletin!
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#10 Jul 3, 2013
Hey Lynch-

Do you think you should include this little exchange be in your campaign literature?

Alcide Roberge wrote:
... And then you lie about your own past. How many cops did you assault in Boston?

Lynch wrote:
As many as needed to be! Is that answered for you? If you know so much about me then you know if I ever was in a fight with someone then there would be no doubting it, huh??

No? OK. Just trying to be helpful.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#11 Jul 3, 2013
Handsome Harve wrote:
American is rigjht about the photo. But how about using one of your old booking photos? There are dozens to choose from and they're all public record, so it won't cost your campaign any dough.
Now that is funny. Using mug shots as campaign flyers. The slogan could be 'If you see this man he is either running from the police or running to be your Councilman!' Please vote!
Jtn

Concord, MA

#12 Jul 3, 2013
He's it my toe and I know what I'm talking about
American

Gardner, MA

#14 Jul 4, 2013
I cannot wait to see him in the parade at 10 am this morning with his campaign sign riding in a convertible and passing out candy. I will be bringing my camera.

Hopefully I will get one of his campaign flyers.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#15 Jul 4, 2013
American wrote:
I cannot wait to see him in the parade at 10 am this morning with his campaign sign riding in a convertible and passing out candy. I will be bringing my camera.
As I aways believe politics needs new faces let him have his fun. I would run myself as I'm incredibly handsome, highly intelligent, very successful and most of all modest and humble.
Uh hem

Leominster, MA

#16 Jul 4, 2013
American wrote:
Don't you mean Lynch walking in front of a low rider blasting bad music while Gomez prances around in a rainbow half shirt spinning a baton? Sorry but I won't subject my family to that. We will just have a wholesome BBQ with friends.
US Army Airborne

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Jul 4, 2013
Extra cops on hand at parade because of this nutbag

the FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, ATF, IRS, CTO and all other govenment cops were there

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#20 Jul 4, 2013
Lynch, you said you would not be campaigning on these forums. Were you lying or are you still in isolation?

"And do not worry as I will not run my campaign out on these forums which I was isolated to do the last time around. The city of Fitchburg belongs to the residents of Fitchburg.I will clearly articulate this message."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...
Really

Gardner, MA

#21 Jul 4, 2013
Hey lynch
I was at the parade was that you in the clown outfit?? You got my Vote

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#22 Jul 4, 2013
"I will be campaigning early as promised. I will spend a lot of time registering voters. My goal is to register 500 new voters by June. I will also be out and about all of Fitchburg at many events to answer to all policy questions. I have the complete mailing list of all registered voters which I will send literature to explaining all my positions and proposals for Fitchburg."
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...

Have you reached your goals and kept these promises?

I haven't seen you out and about all over Fitchburg like you promised, nor have I seen any literature in the mail. Have you registered those 500 new voters by last month?
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#23 Jul 4, 2013
Hey Lynch-

My cousin told me that the Marconi Club is going to hold a candidates' night in August. It might be the perfect place for you to explain this quote;

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
Ready guido? Put down the spaghetti fork
and wipe the garlic from your perverted mouth!
Pull up your sweatpants guido, comprende? Is
sammy the bull or Gotti your hero?

Do you think you'll go?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#24 Jul 4, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
Kevin,
1)"Please provide complete details on your education and experience in business." Answer, I have an associate degree in business as well as additional credits towards a bachelor degree. I graduated with high honors. I was a member of two different honor societies. I excelled in marketing, advertising and managerial accounting!
I create and prepare business plans. I am in the process of preparing two separate business plans. I ran and operated my own business in the past successfully. As I mentioned I am in the process of starting up two separate business ventures. Some of my proposals have been incorporated by Mayor Wong and Chief Demoura and are being utilized with efficiency. I am a great problem solver as well. I have shown that I will stand up to corruption no matter the personal cost in order to bring about positive change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New police chief announcement 47 min Fitchburg 1
Ebola cure 3 hr Jtn 1
same old same old .... 13 hr Tammy from concord 2
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... Thu Tammy from concord 31
Has Jtn taken over and ruined Topix Thu Tammy from concord 13
Jtn please get off topix Thu Rihanna 8
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? Wed Jtn 3
•••

Lunenburg News Video

•••