LUNENBURG: Gym owner arrested for ass...

LUNENBURG: Gym owner arrested for assault - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 52 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from May 26, 2010, titled LUNENBURG: Gym owner arrested for assault - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Timothy Richards, owner of the well-known Orchard Hills Athletic Club, was arrested May 15 for assault and battery against his wife and intimidating a witness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lynch for Mayor

Gardner, MA

#47 Jan 8, 2011
Local guy wrote:
When I pass away it will be kept a secret. My family will not have to read all this crap.
You mean crap posted under a headline of "Gym owner arrested for assault"? Sorry, what people are commenting is relevant to the article.
Unfortunate

Fitchburg, MA

#48 Jan 8, 2011
Someone dies and we always make them out to be a saint. Among other things this guy couldn't keep his hands to himself. Fact. If anyone pulled that crap in my family the end result would be pretty similar. I'm glad these stories are being printed; assault, alcohol and drug abuse, infidelity, suicide... If you wanna be an observable member of the community that's the price you pay. It's clear to those of us that didn't know he him, that although he was a very flawed individual, he was also someone that believed in productivity and contribution. I venture to say that despite any mistakes or misjudgments, (and it's likely there were many) Mr. Richards did more for our community than most of us do. I also venture to say that most of us aren't perfect and in some way, shape or form our own legacies will be equally as tarnished as this person's.
local

United States

#49 Jan 8, 2011
It is really inappropriate to post hearsay. There was never any mention of drug abuse or infedelity in any article. I traveled in Tim's social circle and if someone was a womanizer and a "hands on" kind of guy we all knew it. There are people in these circles that meet this description and we know them. So unless Tim was putting his hands on you directly I am not buying it.

Aren't Tim's documented flaws good enough to help boost your ego without piling on undocumented flaws.

Don't understand why people feel the need to be so mean ....
Unfortunate wrote:
Someone dies and we always make them out to be a saint. Among other things this guy couldn't keep his hands to himself. Fact. If anyone pulled that **** in my family the end result would be pretty similar. I'm glad these stories are being printed; assault, alcohol and drug abuse, infidelity, suicide... If you wanna be an observable member of the community that's the price you pay. It's clear to those of us that didn't know he him, that although he was a very flawed individual, he was also someone that believed in productivity and contribution. I venture to say that despite any mistakes or misjudgments,(and it's likely there were many) Mr. Richards did more for our community than most of us do. I also venture to say that most of us aren't perfect and in some way, shape or form our own legacies will be equally as tarnished as this person's.
MFlynn

Fitchburg, MA

#50 Jan 8, 2011
former employee wrote:
Tim was a gentleman. He had his demons at least he didn't kill her too.
Well that was honorable of him.
You Said It

Fitchburg, MA

#51 Jan 8, 2011
local wrote:
It is really inappropriate to post hearsay. There was never any mention of drug abuse or infedelity in any article. I traveled in Tim's social circle and if someone was a womanizer and a "hands on" kind of guy we all knew it. There are people in these circles that meet this description and we know them. So unless Tim was putting his hands on you directly I am not buying it.
Aren't Tim's documented flaws good enough to help boost your ego without piling on undocumented flaws.
Don't understand why people feel the need to be so mean ....
<quoted text>
It's all hear say when you think about it. I interpreted that post as we all have issues and when we die, most times, it's all hearts and flowers. This guy was no angel. None of us are. Let's not make him out to be. It's ignorant and a slap in the face to those without any true knowledge of what his life was like behind closed doors. And now that he's gone, nobody will ever know the truth. So denying any inappropriate behavior is as equally ignorant as reporting it.
Unbelievable

Hollywood, FL

#52 Jan 8, 2011
Wow! It's unbelievable how people have no conscience about talking so negatively about someone who has passed on and cannot even defend himself on some of the comments here. Or even worse, continuing to be posted where his mourning family could see. Are you aware that this man had children and loved ones that would be pained further by this? It's one thing to have an opinion about an incident, but to continue the hate after this man has died? "Unfortunate", I had reported abuse on your comments on the other article about his death. I see that you had spread your strong opinions here as well. If you go back to that page you will see a few of them missing as the website has agreed as well. You talk so strongly about abuse as your opinions go over the line to verbal abuse as well. My heart goes out to the Richards family. <3
Local Leominster MA

Leominster, MA

#54 Jan 8, 2011
I knew Tim to be a wonderful, caring and compassionate man. All this negative talk and commentary saddens me greatly. We will never really know what happened between he and Sheila, nor should we. They have children and grandchildren that do not need to be exposed to this. It breaks my heart that Tim's last moments, after such a wonderful life, were full of anguish and despair. May he truly rest in peace.
Agreed

Fitchburg, MA

#55 Jan 8, 2011
Unbelievable wrote:
Wow! It's unbelievable how people have no conscience about talking so negatively about someone who has passed on and cannot even defend himself on some of the comments here. Or even worse, continuing to be posted where his mourning family could see. Are you aware that this man had children and loved ones that would be pained further by this? It's one thing to have an opinion about an incident, but to continue the hate after this man has died? "Unfortunate", I had reported abuse on your comments on the other article about his death. I see that you had spread your strong opinions here as well. If you go back to that page you will see a few of them missing as the website has agreed as well. You talk so strongly about abuse as your opinions go over the line to verbal abuse as well. My heart goes out to the Richards family. <3
Yeah.
I can't imagine what the family is going through.
And to have some of their private business made public must compound things.
People have opinions and I guess this forum is actually built upon being able to voice them.
FoSho

Fitchburg, MA

#56 Jan 8, 2011
Unbelievable wrote:
Most of the stories on here end up with people being negative and going off topic voicing their own opinions and biases.
Sorry for your loss Richards Family. It sounds like in an imperfect world full of imperfect people Tim believed in giving back and trying to help.
Unfortunate

Fitchburg, MA

#57 Jan 8, 2011
Unbelievable wrote:
Recently, I've gone through a very similar situation in my immediate family. I think my emotions are so intense it came out in the wrong manner.I feel bitter, angry and hurt. I should've realized his family and friends feel the same way in regard to their situation.
I apologize and will discontinue my participation on all S&E boards from here on end. Clearly I am unable to contribute positively.
Unbelievable

Hollywood, FL

#58 Jan 8, 2011
Unfortunate wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently, I've gone through a very similar situation in my immediate family. I think my emotions are so intense it came out in the wrong manner.I feel bitter, angry and hurt. I should've realized his family and friends feel the same way in regard to their situation.
I apologize and will discontinue my participation on all S&E boards from here on end. Clearly I am unable to contribute positively.
"Unfortunate" I am sorry that you had gone through a similar situation. We all grieve differently when devistating things happen to us or the people we love. We are all human beings here, and maybe too many of the negative conflicts we go through in our lives tend to make us more angry. Unfortunately sometimes we carry it with us to long as grief continues to harden and make us bitter. Eventually there comes a time to forgive, if not for them, then ourselves. I know easier said then done.

I do hope that none of his family sees many of these messages posted here, for I know that they are definately hurting in this time, and going through their own greiving process. I wish the best for them as they truely are good people.
AAA

Athol, MA

#59 Jan 8, 2011
Charles N Dementia Jr wrote:
How much time did Gitto get?
And what does this have to do with Mr. Richards passing?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lunenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Another Tuesday 4 hr GOBN 6
remember that lynch is out of his mind 17 hr Voters love LYNCH 4
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Fri DCF CPS DSS are ... 1
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Fri Think About It 2
Lynch not running for Elected Position anymore Jun 23 Louie 12
Kevin Lynch, Big Fat Blowhard Jun 23 Voters love LYNCH 11
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun 22 Buzz Lightyear 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lunenburg Mortgages