LUNENBURG: Gym owner arrested for assault - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Timothy Richards, owner of the well-known Orchard Hills Athletic Club, was arrested May 15 for assault and battery against his wife and intimidating a witness.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mr anonymous

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

I hate to see private citizens having their dirty laundry aired. You may say Tim deserves it but his wife has already been through hell and now additional humilation. Glad I am not in the newspaper business because I could not live with myself.
Leominster Citizen

Barnstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

These are two very nice people who don't in any way deserve having something so private printed in the paper. The Fitchburg Sentinel sank to an all time low when it decided to reduce its level of professionalism to that of a supermarket tabloid. Both of these people have done more for this community than you could ever know. They are very good people who, not unlike the rest of us, are struggling with a very painful personal matter. I would also suggest that the author of this article do some research on the dynamics of domestic violence before he decides to expose his own ignorance about a subject that he obviously knows very little about. Badly done...
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

What, exactly, did the author get wrong regarding the dynamics of domestic violence?

If these were just a coupple of people living on Mechanic St. would your thoughts be the same, that this shouldn't be reported? Or is it because this couple has done so much for the community?

Sorry, but doing a lot for the community is not a free pass. He was arrested and that is public information. And if such an upstanding member (as you would like us to believe) of society gets arrested for beating up his wife it certainly is newsworthy. Even moreso that he is a local business owner and people deserve to know the type of individual they are giving their money
JERK

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Seems like he needs more help than he has been getting. I don't care WHO you are, if you want to threaten/beat/choke/intimidate your wife, or anybody else for that matter, you deserve what you get. Violence is NEVER the answer. Never.
Someone

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

I agree with VOTER!!! Just because a person has done something for the community, are a nice married couple, ect..... DOMESTIC VIOLENCE is not the answer to his problems and needs to face the punishment of his actions.... Maybe he will think twice next time he's has a bad day or dinner isn't cooking. Take it from someone who has been there. I had too!!!!!!
jack

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Leominster Citizen wrote:
These are two very nice people who don't in any way deserve having something so private printed in the paper. The Fitchburg Sentinel sank to an all time low when it decided to reduce its level of professionalism to that of a supermarket tabloid. Both of these people have done more for this community than you could ever know. They are very good people who, not unlike the rest of us, are struggling with a very painful personal matter. I would also suggest that the author of this article do some research on the dynamics of domestic violence before he decides to expose his own ignorance about a subject that he obviously knows very little about. Badly done...
This comment is rediculous. A resident loses their right to privacy when they commit violent crimes. It's not up to the paper to judge whether a crime should or shouldn't be reported because a person has "done a lot for the community." It's the job of the paper to report crime that goes on.

How this is akin to supermarket tabloid journalism is beyond me.

Since: Mar 09

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

jack wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment is rediculous. A resident loses their right to privacy when they commit violent crimes. It's not up to the paper to judge whether a crime should or shouldn't be reported because a person has "done a lot for the community." It's the job of the paper to report crime that goes on.
How this is akin to supermarket tabloid journalism is beyond me.
I agree with you to an extent. The one thing I will say though is that this article really went into a tremendous amount of detail regarding their domestic issues. The usual domestic violence story (especially one where no one is seriously hurt) gets relegated to the police log or some summary article.
it happens

Hopkinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Hey, the guy is no Eagle Scout...oh, wait a minute. He is!
Leominster Chic

Oxford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

It just goes to show domestic violence comes in all colors, races or economic diversities
anonymous

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Which ambulance chasing reporter hangs out at the courthouse reporting on peoples private lives?

And to the point :"If these were just a coupple of people living on Mechanic St. would your thoughts be the same, that this shouldn't be reported? Or is it because this couple has done so much for the community?"

If this were any other couple, it would be a small blurb in the police blotter, not a full blown story.

Shameful reporting. Find some real news to report.
A member of OH

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

I hate to burst bubbles, but the "community" work that Orchard Hills has done is to enhance the bottom line. Talk to the employees and they will give you an earful about all of it.

Also, when you choose to become a larger figure in the community, there is a lot that goes with it. I am sure Tim enjoyed the benefits of positive press for himself and his organization, but it also means that he has to accept greater scrutiny than that individual who lives quietly on Mechanic street. What if it were the mayor or the head of the Chamber of Commerce or even the governor? Should they get free passes as well? Whether they have supported a community or not, it is a separate issue from choking/threatening/intimidati ng someone.
Voter

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

think a prominent, local business owner accused of beating and choking his wife is worth reporting. Again, he's asking the public for their money in exchange for his service. The public has a right to know the type of person they are dealing with.

And as Member above me states, the media he has used for promoting his business is now reporting on another facet of his life.

If he doesn't want this in the paper perhaps he shouldn't have allegedly beat the snot out of his wife in the first place? Just a thought.
yellow journalism

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

repulsive as the alleged act is, generally domestic violence is reported as that, domestic violence without all the prurient details to tittilate resentful orchard hill members.
just because a person operates a well known business in town shouldn't make them a special target.
Bugged out

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Membership must be at an all time low at the club? Maybe he should consider starting a wellness class.
Lifetime Member

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

As you dropped to an all time low once again with your rag sheet news reporting...I have been a member of Orchard Hills for over 25 years, never have i witnessed anything but a loving family environment within the club members as well as the employees...This is a personal matter between two individuals who are the only ones who know what truly happened...Any i might add, that no Orchard Hills membership has not dropped to an all time low...Too quick for the public to rush to judgement. Shame on you!!
12 Steps

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Having been involved with both of them for over 20 years socially, they have shown a propensity for cocktails ...

This was inevitable and I hope they realize the actual source of their problem in this matter, then work to eliminate it from their lives.

They are in the business of promoting healthy life styles and should know there is nothing healthy about alcohol. Perhaps they can take this fuel away from their personal fire.

They are good people under the influence ...
Bad Taste

Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Wow.

With all the things needing public scrutiny in the Fitchburg Leominster area, I'm extremely proud of the award winning Sentinel & Enterprise staff for bringing us this tawdry tale of private relationships gone awry.

While our public sector leaders and government officials fail at nearly every task, it's so refreshing to read a story that means absolutely nothing to our society, our community and our lives.

I await future bathroom peephole pictorials of other well known local private figures.
SeenIt

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

'roid rage.

'nuff said.

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

if she only had his dinner prepared on time when he awoke from his nappy poo,,none of this would have happened.throw the loser in jail and she can divorce his azzz and get HALF!and then she can go hook up with some muscle head from the gym.
you wanna play u gotta pay.

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Leominster Citizen wrote:
100% WRONG!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lunenburg News Video

•••
Lunenburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lunenburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••